• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Help me choose the next soap!

Which one lovelies?

• Total voters

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ironically, it was the first half that really felt like a "a Dynasty for the 90s". The old-school approach of the second half fell flat.

Yeah, I think it was @Alexis who compared Carrie to early Fallon - ironically, she ended up having the same trajectory of going from vixen to victim, just at a record pace.

I can enjoy the failed revamp for what it is, but I'll always mourn the soap it could've become before Darren Star basically got the rug pulled from under him and was booted out in favour of Camille Marchetta. The supposed original story board sounded more interesting than having Raquel Welch chewing the scenery.

JROG

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
By the way did you keep watching Sons & Daughters? I stopped around the Christmas holidays and haven't got back into it. I want to though.

I'm on episode 40 something, so I've stalled too, but definitely will come back to it.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Obviously we need to (re)find our Sons & Daughters....
Our... Love and laughter
Tears of sadness and happiness
We will find out our sons and daughters
Are what we too were once about

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Return to Eden if you havent already seen it. Start with the mini series then the 22 episode maxi series. Best television show ever made imo :)

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Speaking of Eden I was at Movieline the other day and I picked the DVD of Eden up. It was really cheap so I thought of buying it but I put it down. Maybe I should've bought it?

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
THE YELLOW ROSE has arrived! Another soap added to the collection.

Here is a six degrees of DYNASTY separation: Every Emily Dickinson poem can be read in the tempo of "The Yellow Rose of Texas" and Emily Dickinson is the poet Steven chose to recite to Claudia when they met on Dynasty. There. Two steps. ;)

Soaplover

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I think a few episodes of Emerald Point are online... You can see the Shapiros without the Pollack's helping them out.. and why that show didn't succeed.

In more recent times, my favorite primetime soap that didn't make it past the 1st season was Ringer with SMG playing twins. It was stylish, very twisty and a good mix of soap and mystery with lots of great subplots... Upside is a lot of the subplots were tied up but downside was the final scene left me excited for a second season that never came to be :(

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do any of y’all know if Titans is uploaded somewhere online? I’ve always been curious to see it.

The last place I watched it was here.

From what I recall, the sound and picture is a bit dodgy on the last episode. Also, there may be one of the episodes with the soundtrack blocked completely if I remember correctly. Better than nothing I suppose,

ChrisSumner

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you for that! Titans is one of the only short lived soaps I’ve never seen and from the first episode it’s fun. I’ll post more thoughts in the Titans thread.