High-Profile Kidnapping Case in Norway

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
Biggest crime case in Norway the past 18 months finally picked up speed again today.

Anne-Elisabeth Hagen, 68, was kidnapped from her home October 31, 2018. Kidnappers left a note, warning against contacting the police and media. Her husband is one of the richest men in Norway, and he got a ransom note. Money to be paid to kidnappers in cryptocurrency. Weeks pass and no word from the kidnappers. Police are involved and finally make the case public. They believe the woman has been killed. Then a new message from the kidnappers come and they claim the woman is still alive. More months pass, and no news.

Today, police arrested the woman's husband, billionaire Tom Hagen, 70. The theory is as many have already guessed - that he killed his wife or ordered a hit on her. And that he faked the kidnapping to lead the police off his trail.

I've suspected the husband all along. Statistics point to that. In 90% of all cases where a woman is killed or vanishes, it's a man close to her that has done it. Witnesses say that he's a very cheap man who refused to live in a big billionaire's house. He was once heard yelling because the wife had hired help to fix something in the house and he found it too expensive. Friends of the victim said she wanted a divorce.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...sted-for-her-murder-police-idUSKCN22A1PM?il=0

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
Reaction score
Medals
I've not heard of this story but it sounds fascinating. It sounds like the plot of a film which I'm sure they will make one day.

Emelee

Telly Talk Winner
Reaction score
Medals
New developments: Tom Hagen (the husband) was released but suspicions remain. A 30-year-old man has been arrested in the case.
I am thinking that he hired someone to kill his wife. I don't think he'd be dumb enough to go through all that planning it would take to set up a kidnapping story and be the actual killer himself. He seems like a man who wants to keep his hands somewhat clean.

Meanwhile, Norwegian police has gotten some major criticism for how they have handled this case.