How are you celebrating the 40th Anniversary?

Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Although I collected all the DVD seasons individually when they were released, over the years many discs have gone astray and 2 house moves haven’t helped. Today I will take delivery of the big box set and on Monday the HD Projector will be powered up for a Dallas retrospective. My partner’s even making stuff from Ellie’s cookbook and the day will almost certainly be rounded off with a few shots of bourbon.

To give you a sense of how, at least for one day, I’m yielding completely to the fan within I will also play on my piano a medley I put together of some of the show’s best music (and Richard Lewis Warren features very prominently)

This is eccentric behaviour for a 46 year old, I know......

Last edited:

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'm celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Dallas by crying as I look at the amazing pictures coming from the reunion at Southfork - it really brings home just how much I love this show & how much I would have killed to be there, especially as Patrick, Linda, Charlene & Steve are doing the photos - hundreds of which have filled up my Twitter timeline. Looks like they're having an incredible time & I hope they cherish the memories for many years to come, as I have just by watching the show since I was 10.

On Monday I shall rev up the DVD player and watch some the original mini series before embarking on a full marathon of my 2nd favourite show of all time (Doctor Who being the 1st since I was watching it before Dallas began).

So sad I couldn't make it to Southfork - one day I will, I really really will - but I have every episode on DVD to watch over & over & over again & that's what matters, the TV show - it's cast, it's characters, it's plots, Locations & drama xxx

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
Reaction score
Medals
Hopefully I will watch some classic episodes throughout the Easter weekend to mark the occasion.

Swami

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I am going to watch Dallas: Return To Southfork and a few selected episodes from the show itself, possibly rounding it off with either JR Returns or War of the Ewings.

I wont be watching anything from that Cyntax series! :)

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I want to wish Dallas big Happy Anniversary wishes.

Dallas cast..jpg

Happy Anniversary Dallas, you've given me so much pleasure over the years. I will love this show till the day I die.

I want to wish all the cast of the show & the fans well for the shows Anniversary.

And for those Dallas stars no longer with us I will raise a glass to them later tonight.

Happy Anniversary everyone. :)

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'll probably re-watch the pilot and the first barbecue episode.

This looks like Summer 1982 -- and are Victoria and Susan sexually harassing Tim Murphy?? #MickeyToo

Thanks for this pic I’d not seen before. Gosh my fav lady and fav man (Timothy) side by side :)

Last edited: