• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

How are you celebrating the 40th Anniversary?

Laurie Marr

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although I collected all the DVD seasons individually when they were released, over the years many discs have gone astray and 2 house moves haven’t helped. Today I will take delivery of the big box set and on Monday the HD Projector will be powered up for a Dallas retrospective. My partner’s even making stuff from Ellie’s cookbook and the day will almost certainly be rounded off with a few shots of bourbon.

To give you a sense of how, at least for one day, I’m yielding completely to the fan within I will also play on my piano a medley I put together of some of the show’s best music (and Richard Lewis Warren features very prominently)

This is eccentric behaviour for a 46 year old, I know......

Last edited:

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Dallas by crying as I look at the amazing pictures coming from the reunion at Southfork - it really brings home just how much I love this show & how much I would have killed to be there, especially as Patrick, Linda, Charlene & Steve are doing the photos - hundreds of which have filled up my Twitter timeline. Looks like they're having an incredible time & I hope they cherish the memories for many years to come, as I have just by watching the show since I was 10.

On Monday I shall rev up the DVD player and watch some the original mini series before embarking on a full marathon of my 2nd favourite show of all time (Doctor Who being the 1st since I was watching it before Dallas began).

So sad I couldn't make it to Southfork - one day I will, I really really will - but I have every episode on DVD to watch over & over & over again & that's what matters, the TV show - it's cast, it's characters, it's plots, Locations & drama xxx

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hopefully I will watch some classic episodes throughout the Easter weekend to mark the occasion.

Swami

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I am going to watch Dallas: Return To Southfork and a few selected episodes from the show itself, possibly rounding it off with either JR Returns or War of the Ewings.

I wont be watching anything from that Cyntax series! :)

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
I want to wish Dallas big Happy Anniversary wishes.

Dallas cast..jpg

Happy Anniversary Dallas, you've given me so much pleasure over the years. I will love this show till the day I die.

I want to wish all the cast of the show & the fans well for the shows Anniversary.

And for those Dallas stars no longer with us I will raise a glass to them later tonight.

Happy Anniversary everyone. :)

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll probably re-watch the pilot and the first barbecue episode.

This looks like Summer 1982 -- and are Victoria and Susan sexually harassing Tim Murphy?? #MickeyToo

Last edited by a moderator:

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll probably re-watch the pilot and the first barbecue episode.

This looks like Summer 1982 -- and are Victoria and Susan sexually harassing Tim Murphy?? #MickeyToo

Thanks for this pic I’d not seen before. Gosh my fav lady and fav man (Timothy) side by side :)

Last edited: