How do I change my signature?

B.J. Ewing

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can’t remember. Can someone help me out, please?

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can’t remember. Can someone help me out, please?

If you click on your name in the green bar at the top of the page (next to Conversations and Alerts), you'll get a pop up with several options. One of the options that will appear on the right is Signature.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks, Mel, found it. But all the buttons are grey, it looks like they are locked. It seems I can’t change anything.
Didn’t work with my tablet, but with my phone it did. Thanks!

Great. I'm not sure why the buttons were greyed out, but I'm glad you managed to work it out on your phone. :gotcha:

B.J. Ewing

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great. I'm not sure why the buttons were greyed out, but I'm glad you managed to work it out on your phone. :gotcha:

Thanks! One question, though. How do you get a photo in your signature? When I click on the photo button, I need to fill in a https address.

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One question, though. How do you get a photo in your signature? When I click on the photo button, I need to fill in a https address.

I haven't tried directly adding a photo myself as I usually use a hosting site and embed the image from that.

What source is the photo taken from? Have you tried just pasting it into the white box in the Edit Signature section?

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
May I ask what hosting site you use?

I've used a couple of different ones over the years. I'm currently using one called vgy which I get on well with. I'm not sure how it compares with others as I haven't tried that many.

Yes, pasting in the white box works perfectly when I want to add a photo in a message, but unfortunately no white box pops up when I try to upload an image in my signature.

When you're in the Edit Signature section there should be a white space underneath all the grey icons in which you can type. What I'd wondered is if you can simply paste your photo into that space.

B.J. Ewing

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've used a couple of different ones over the years. I'm currently using one called vgy which I get on well with. I'm not sure how it compares with others as I haven't tried that many.

When you're in the Edit Signature section there should be a white space underneath all the grey icons in which you can type. What I'd wondered is if you can simply paste your photo into that space.

Can’t wait to try this out, but unfortunately it’s bedtime for me. Thanks for your help, Mel, I’ll give it a look tomorrow! xxx

Mel O'Drama

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I signed up with vgy and it worked! Thanks for all your help! :dance::spinning::love4:

Oh - that's brilliant!! I'm really glad you've found a way to brighten up the forum with a classy new signature.

Enjoy! :rainbow: