How long will nuAlexis last?

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I'm still hoping for Elaine Hendrix! :D:D:D

Me too! Thanks for the initial heads-up. She is enough like both NS & LG to make it look doable, depending on how Alexis 3.0 is explained away. Having seen Elaine in action, she seems more promising than the others mentioned so far - as long as the writers make Alexis do more than hang around the mansion peering round corners and cradling mugs of tea.

Milescolby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Sadly, they didn't really need to kill off Cristal/Celia

I agree. I remember reading a quote from Sallie Patrick - after Nathalie Kelley’s departure was confirmed - that the decision to axe her was made halfway through the first season, after the focus groups didn’t like her. I wonder whether then it was more the contrast between the characterisation of Celia/Cristal and the wholesome, uncomplicated Linda Evans OG Krystle they reacted to. I really like Ana Brenda and how Cristal 2.0 is quite gutsy, but I think Nathalie was kinda shafted in the whole thing.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I obviously was not there and have no reason not to believe her version of the situation....but I think "blaming the focus groups" is a ridiculously over-used excuse that producers fall back on when they don't want to own up to their own mistakes or failings. The focus group members are faceless, nameless entities that they can dump all the blame on while keeping their own hands clean. Every time some producer brings up focus groups I want to ask, "Aren't YOU ultimately in charge of this show, or does the focus group sign your paycheck? Can't you over-rule anything the focus groups suggest, if you are the show-runner?"

Speaking of OG Cristal and her mysterious departure, I was daydreaming at work today about this latest business with Amy Sutherland and her recent social-media postings. If she is campaigning for the permanent role, I wish her all the best. But if she loses the role to some other actress, I kind of hope she will "pull a Nathalie Kelley" and reveal all the spoiler-y info on the recast, the plans for the character, and (if she knows) whether there was more to Sheridan's departure than we know. She might not have snagged the part, but she would be our forum heroine for a little while.:hugs:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
find it really interesting that Patrick talks about the Alexis character in a way that doesn't translate to the way she is represented onscreen - this has been very much the case since she arrived.
Reading the interview reminds me of that other showrunner behind TNT Dallas. Damn these people like blowing their own trumpets.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
the decision to axe her was made halfway through the first season, after the focus groups didn’t like her. I wonder whether then it was more the contrast between the characterisation of Celia/Cristal and the wholesome, uncomplicated Linda Evans OG Krystle they reacted to.
Of course it was. Just the same way most have reacted to Nicolette's version of Alexis. Again this is not the actors fault. It's the writing and directing which is letting everyone and everything down. One thing I will add. It's clear the producers believe this is the The Fallon Show, so why call it Dynasty at all. Was it really necessary to have Liz take on the role of Alexis at all and jeopardize or alienate your fan base by creating this short story arc? Simply have Alexis remain in hospital in an induced coma until the Season 2 cliffhanger episode and then reveal the new actress. Why such a stupid plot exercise?

Last edited:

AZLiam

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Can I just bring attention to the elephant in the room? Unless she's wearing a wig, Alexis' hair seems to have survived the trip into the fireplace. :confuse:I'm pretty sure those locks would have been burnt crisp, but I don't see a singe at all. :eyes:

:byebye:

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh wait. This is Peach Dynasty.

Because it is an homage to the original, remember Patrick? ;)
Now I have said earlier today that the forum is obsessed with Shakespeare. :p
But when it comes to the peach team's knowledge and supposed love of the original, I think King Claudius said it best:
There lives within the very flame of love
A kind of wick or snuff that will abate it;

Ferdnand Colby

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Thanks. Reading this interview helped me to swallow this temporary (yet still ridiculous) situation.

Yeah! I feel the same!!

Btw, this pic, that looks Liz has as Alexis, makes me think of Amanda Carrington (The first one of course)

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Adam likely got her a wig. Heck, she likely already had a collection of them to choose from.

The straight hair in the TVLine photo doesn't look much like the wavy hair I'm seeing in her current (episode 18) scenes.

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Adam likely got her a wig. Heck, she likely already had a collection of them to choose from.

The straight hair in the TVLine photo doesn't look much like the wavy hair I'm seeing in her current (episode 18) scenes.

You can see a wig, on the left of the screen, at the very end of the episode, when Fallexis looks at a picture of her old self with Fallon, on the mirror.

xab

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh yes... This show really needs the multi talented and amazing Princess Oxenberg as Alexis. THAT would take the cake. Il manquerait plus que ça... :confused:

I agree that Liz Gillies is doing a great job. Her Alexis is a weird mix up between NS and herself. Even if this kind of plastic surgery storyline is absolutely unbelievable, unrealistic, jumpingthesharking, daytimesoapiesque, she manages to make it believable... I say: Bravo!

I must apologize, I misjudged her...

And now, writers, why not a brand new actress as Alexis every week for season 3? Like she can't make up her mind for her new face? That would be a nice nod to Joan Collins changing outfits 35 times per episode ?

Last edited:

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And now, writers, why not a brand new actress as Alexis every week for season 3? Like she can't make up her mind for her new face? That would be a nice nod to Joan Collins changing outfits 35 times per episode ?

Yes, and by the end of the season, watchers/fans will vote to choose their favorite Alexis :lol:
After "The Voice", welcome your new TV show : "The Bitch"

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The show doesn’t even need the character of Alexis......
If we were discussing the original, I would have to say that I couldn't disagree with you more. The original always seemed to drag without Alexis popping up to stir the pot, and that's why yours truly is having a difficult finishing Season 9 of the original saga.

In discussing this reboot, however, I can certainly agree with your theory here. Almost everyone in this rendition of the show has a vindictive angle that renders their ability to appeal to the audience in a humble or angelic way (like the original Krystle and, in most cases, Steven and Blake did). Everyone's a villain and everyone's got a trick up their sleeve. I'm not the fondest of that format, but it does make it juicier at the same time.

I'm conflicted. :confused:

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
Can't say i miss the show. Not at all!

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everyone's a villain and everyone's got a trick up their sleeve. I'm not the fondest of that format, but it does make it juicier at the same time.
It does however wear thin after a short period of time. Since the introduction of Adam he has consistently out maneuvered Fallon yet she is meant to be the supreme empress of Atlanta.

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It does however wear thin after a short period of time. Since the introduction of Adam he has consistently out maneuvered Fallon yet she is meant to be the supreme empress of Atlanta.

But isn't it like how Alexis was supposedly a great business woman yet she was in reality horrible?

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think the new Alexis is going to be even more flawless than Nicolette Sheridan. I really miss the Dynasty SMASH hit show.
I will stan for Nicolette Sheridan as the ULTIMATE Alexis until the new Alexis enters who will then be the new ULTIMATE Alexis

Soz Joan ~~~ (unless she IS the new Alexis?)