I dun gawn blind

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Older friends of mine once warned me that the day I turn fort...... ummm..... thirty, I'd wake up blind. And, sure enough, despite being spoiled with 20/13 vision all of my life and the capacity to see thru lead, within about six months of turning fort..... ummmm..... thirty, my reading vision indeed began to blur.

Now, having gotten back on line for the first time in nearly a month (my computer crashed about the same time I had additional responsibilities to take on personally, so I have had little time to give much attention to attending to the problem until today) I realize my vision has slid since mid-April --- I now need to use glasses to read the screen, which I never had to do before, even though my new PC has better resolution.

I blame carbs and too much sugar. Although I'm losing all sorts of weight without even trying. Weird. Too bad I'll soon be too blind to see how thin I am.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Um... Poor vision and loosing weight was how I suspected I was diabetic. You feel well besides the being blind?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Um... Poor vision and loosing weight was how I suspected I was diabetic. You feel well besides the being blind?
Yes, I feel rather well in fact. Aside from an increase in thirstiness ----- oops!! :eek:

But don't you lose weight with Type 1 and not Type 2?

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Weirdly, my vision is just fine this morning. Odd how eyes can fluctuate from day to day.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It might have been a case of eye strain, and you just needed to rest. There's also something to be said for talking yourself into something--the power of suggestion, if you will. Once you got your mind off it, it "went away". Anyway, congrats on your miracle recovery!
upload_2018-5-10_11-24-58.jpeg

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It might have been a case of eye strain, and you just needed to rest. There's also something to be said for talking yourself into something--the power of suggestion, if you will. Once you got your mind off it, it "went away". Anyway, congrats on your miracle recovery!
View attachment 10947
With that thought, I'll drop my health insurance -- it's so expensive!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Yes, I feel rather well in fact. Aside from an increase in thirstiness ----- oops!! :eek:

But don't you lose weight with Type 1 and not Type 2?
Yes, I am type one. It can happen at any age, although it is rare.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
All that nicotine gum only made it worse: my eyesight decreased even more in May.

But saffron extract improved my vision within 48 hours! I can see again! Seriously -- I'm typing this without glasses!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Saffron, huh? I had no idea. I'll use it as an excuse to eat large amounts of yellow rice (or as we call it back home, "yellarice")---it's for my vision!
upload_2019-6-27_21-43-8.jpeg

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The first night after taking the Saffron extract, I slept for 12 hours. It's a serotonin enhancer (which I didn't really need) like an anti-depressant. But I was taking a bit much, so by the second and third night, it really affected my sleep negatively because it left me over-stimulated. So I'm not taking any today, and will keep my dose relatively low tomorrow.

But it's fixed my vision in such an absurdly short time. These things don't usually really work -- at least, not this fast.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My vision is now better, thanks to the Saffron extract after little more than two weeks, than it's been literally for years. Utterly amazing.

Now, The Bad: the serotonin boost is really affecting my sleep schedule; and I've redeveloped a mild achalasia issue which often comes with years of anti-depressant use and is why I had to stop taking St John's Wort several years ago.

Hmmmm….. what to do, what to do.