Barbara Fan

Dallas Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I just wanted to post (as usual every year, on the week of ) that October 31st would have been Barbara Bel Geddes's 97th Birthday if she were alive today .................

What can I say about her that I haven't said before

She was special - she touched my life and made a lasting impression on me, I will never forget her. I wish that I had met her - as its quite easy to meet Dallas cast members - but she was always elusive, reclusive and kept a very low profile in the land of Showbiz. I will always regret that I came close in 1983 but not close enough on the Dallas set and was 2 weeks too early.

You gave Dallas a heart and a soul, it wasn't the same without you and you have been my favourite actress since I was a schoolgirl! I loved ya to bits and thanks to the wonderful casting of the original show, I feel blessed and lucky to have seen you on screen alongside all the other wonderful cast members.

Thankfully she has left a wonderful legacy behind both on TV and film.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I Remember the first time I saw her was in the film I Remember Mama and although Irene Dunne's brilliant performance overshadowed everyone else in the film, Barbara still managed to get noticed in a quiet dignified way that made you think she deserved to be a major star.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Barbara was terrific as Miss Ellie. The season following Jim Davis's death really showed the extent of her acting abilities I thought, as they beefed her character up as the Ewing matriarch. May she Rest In Peace.

ellie1.jpg