• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

I Would Quite Like This For My House... Seriosuly.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Do you think I could get the ridiculous price reduced if I inform the seller that the picture is actually an image from the 1980s and not the 1950s? I mean it's false advertising. No way is this worth over £300 and £80 for shipping. :) It's tacky but it's balls to the wind tacky and I love it.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/231010046/joan-collins-c1950s-beautiful-16x20?ref=hp_rv

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Where did he get it from? Tom Carrington's mansion?
I like it, it looks ultra-glamorous and indeed, the pose and fur looks very 1950s. Did she wear it like this on Dynasty? Or is it from another movie?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Where did he get it from? Tom Carrington's mansion?
I like it, it looks ultra-glamorous and indeed, the pose and fur looks very 1950s. Did she wear it like this on Dynasty? Or is it from another movie?
It's from her DYNASTY period, I can tell by the purple eyeshadow. It's like around season 3 I think.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Do you think I could get the ridiculous price reduced if I inform the seller that the picture is actually an image from the 1980s and not the 1950s? I mean it's false advertising. No way is this worth over £300 and £80 for shipping. :) It's tacky but it's balls to the wind tacky and I love it.
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/231010046/joan-collins-c1950s-beautiful-16x20?ref=hp_rv
Just tell them that Joan Collins is about to sue their ass for claiming she looked like THAT in the 1950s

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Just tell them that Joan Collins is about to sue their ass for claiming she looked like THAT in the 1950s
Joan's look is so defined that it's sometimes hard to date pictures of her unless there are other things in the picture that give the date away. I remember when doing my Joan door that sometimes I couldn't tell if a picture was '60s, '70s, '80s or '90s. It genuinely as hard to date some pics.
I do get that 1950s vibe from the picture here but clearly she was a lot younger looking in the '50s.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I mean it's very this...

But Barbie did it first.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The way she wears the fur reminds me of Sable's gorgeous dress from season 9.

But really, if Martin Peyton had a portrait of Betty, then Tom should have had a portrait of Alexis.