I'm going in...my first ever full watch of The Colbys

colbyco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But the ratings were really bad ... I know it has a lot to do with the timeslot. This old stars gave the show old Hollywood atmosphere and some kind of quality but they didn´t make it a must see ... maybe Liz Taylor could have had enough followers and image to give that damn comedy shows a kick in the ass ...

same thing with Rock Hudson - it was nice to have a Hollywood legend but without him the ratings probably wouldn´t have been lower ... it just brought the show publicity but I think the show would have become number 1 with or without Hudson & MacGraw (mabye even had bigger ratings especially without her who wasn´t a fan favoite...)

Tony

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think most viewers were happy to have Barbara Stanwyck and Charlton Heston as apart of the show. Even at a very young age when the show debuted I knew they were both Hollywood legends. I think they gave the show class and credibility.

I agree Heston, Stanwyck and Beacham were the acting standouts.

I think the series suffered in the second season when they shifted the focus to the Colby kids and their love interests.

It only picked up again in the latter half when Philip joined and there was a fascinating quadrangle between Jason, Phillip, Frankie and Sable.

Monzo

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Andrew Colby's will claimed only blood-related would get parts of Colby Enterprises, which means no shares for Miles and Monica after that not-so-great Dynasty rewrite. Does anybody remember if Miles was broke in the reunion?

Andrew disinherited Cecil, so he wouldn't get shares from Colby Enterprises. Was his motive ever mentioned? Philip died before Andrew, but Andrew didn't care about Jeff or was Jeff off-radar, because Francesca gave him to Cecil?