• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

I'm looking forward to Jodie Whittaker

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
she wasn't bad as a doctor but than i didn't expect her to be awful as a doctor either. i loved the cast they picked for Companions though. the only episode i loved was the Spider one with Chris Noth. and the new Years eve episode from last night was i think the best one they've done so far, my only question is this? where in the HELL was that kind of writing during the season? the season was medicore at best. it wasn't awful but it really wasn't very good either, it was i think the worst season they've done so far, and i didn't care for the last season or two with Capaldi. he was a great doctor but the writing is like they are asleep at times. or high on some good shit that they aren't sharing with us, but they are sharing with each other hence the writers.

what did you guys and gals think of the season and last night's episode? i also haven't gotten season 19 yet but it was sure nice they are putting season 18 out in Feb. i believe it is

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Coming so soon after the main season it felt like more of a finale than a special - which was good because with a couple of exceptions the season as a whole was low-key to the point of dullness. Whittaker herself was good but was given little to do. Graham seems to have become a fan favourite but it seemed to me that in a way he stole a lot of her thunder - becoming the substitute male authority figure. That was even made overt in one of the episodes, and for some reason it annoyed me that he kept calling her "Doc" instead of "Doctor".

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
why? it's not a big deal to me, you had Ace calling him Professor in season 25 and season 26 of the Original show. that never bothered me either to be honest. anyways, further more i have to say i loved the special and have to ask where the hell was that writing during the season? but you are right it did feel more like a finale to a season than a special

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure. I think it's because "Doc" could be anyone. She is The Doctor.

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
honestly i'm more into the story that i don't even really think about him calling her Doc. i will say her line in the 1st episode that she was a Scottish wasn't it? man a half hr ago was a pretty funny line. yet no one had a reply to that if i recall

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm not sure. I think it's because "Doc" could be anyone. She is The Doctor.
Tegan Jovanka (companion to Doctors 4 & 5 from series eighteen to twenty-one) sometimes called The Doctor, “Doc”. In The Five Doctors, The First Doctor (who was beside himself several times over) told her to kindly refrain from doing it.

Last edited:

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'd love to see the sexist First Doctor of "Twice Upon a Time" confronted with his regenerated female self. :)