In Loving Memory - Larry Hagman...23/11/12

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I must admit though, I am not watching every episode of the last 2 seasons. Just some episodes. It's just not that great.

And you are free to feel that way-- I agree with a lot of the reviews of those final gos.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just miss seeing The Man on the small screen

JR.jpg

Larry's portrayal of JR Ewing became bigger than Ben-Hur and you just don't see that anymore.​

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown
I just miss seeing The Man on the small screen

View attachment 32617

Larry's portrayal of JR Ewing became bigger than Ben-Hur and you just don't see that anymore.​
How lucky were we to see that!!!! You just can't explain it to people who weren't alive then or too young to understand it.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
How lucky were we to see that!
The closest in recent memory anywhere the near the popularity to Dallas would be Games of Thrones. While not everyone's cup of tea there was this global reach. But I cannot think of a singular character which had such a global impact like JR Ewing. I'm so thankful I lived to witness it first hand.

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown
The closest in recent memory anywhere the near the popularity to Dallas would be Games of Thrones. While not everyone's cup of tea there was this global reach. But I cannot think of a singular character which had such a global impact like JR Ewing. I'm so thankful I lived to witness it first hand.
I only watched one episode of G.O.T. and it just wasn't for me.

K

Karin Schill

I haven't even watched one episode of Game of Thrones. I don't think it's success is anywhere remotely near to the success that Dallas had since the TV landscape has changed a lot since the 1980s so it can't be compared.

Also I am rewatching I Dream of Jeannie at the moment. :)

Strange to think of that Larry has been gone for 9 years. Next year it will be a decade. Yet his legacy lives on.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcmimichar

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Chinatown
I haven't even watched one episode of Game of Thrones. I don't think it's success is anywhere remotely near to the success that Dallas had since the TV landscape has changed a lot since the 1980s so it can't be compared.

Also I am rewatching I Dream of Jeannie at the moment. :)

Strange to think of that Larry has been gone for 9 years. Next year it will be a decade. Yet his legacy lives on.
Totally agree!! I really don't think there is going to be a phenomenon such as DALLAS ever again. I don't think there will be a phenomenon of Larry or Linda ever again. I still remember being a kid when my Mom told me Peter Pan was his mother. WOW!!!! So funny... when I was a kid my mother told me if I wanted to watch Larry Hagman I had to watch Jeannie until I was *of age" so I did. I just don't think Jeannie was a phenomenon like DALLAS.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Further in-depth review of Mill Creek Jeannie Blu:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The way this is edited, it makes it look like JR and Ray are cuddling on the couch...

Last edited by a moderator: