Dallas Actors In memory of Howard Keel on his birthday

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Howard Keel - born April 13, 1919 – November 7, 2004, would have celebrated his 99th birthday tomorrow if he had still been alive.

He was the nicest of men and my favourite Dallas actor off set, he was brilliant in concert and gave fans so much of his time. I was lucky to meet him several times and i just loved him. He will forever remain my Fav Dallas "older man"

He loved his new found fame which he achieved as Clayton Farlow and the fact that it brought him a whole new army of fans, who like me, came to appreciate his older work on stage and in musicals. Thanks to DVD he will never be fogotten.

He loved his family, his wife Judy and golf - Bless your beautiful hide Mr Keel, you will live on in our hearts and memories for many a year to come.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I first watched Howard in Dallas. So it's only in the last ten years or so that I've become aware of what a great movie actor he was in the golden age of cinema. I love his musicals from the 1950s. He had a marvellous singing voice and was a great dancer too. :)

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
A belated Happy Birthday to Howard Keel.

I never thought it would be possible to cast another actor who had the same gravitas & presence which Jim Davis had in the role of Jock. Howard certainly had. He was an exceptional actor & very quickly became part of the Dallas family. DVD Season 13 is one of my favourites with the Murder, She Wrote style mystery in it. He had some excellent storylines through the show's run & he very quickly became one of my favourite characters.

Getting him on the show was one of the best casting decisions the show ever did. Cynthia Cidre take note, some young actors just aren't as good as some of the older actors. Howard was a very talented actor & singer. Rest In Peace Howard Keel. :sad:

JR's Son

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Size matters :box:

Good manners, and great at forcing the issue. :NI: