Jeanne Moreau Has Died

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actress Jeanne Moreau, one of French cinema's biggest stars of the last 60 years, has died at the age of 89.

Moreau is probably best known for her role in Francois Truffaut's 1962 new wave film Jules et Jim.

She won a number of awards including the best actress prize at Cannes for Moderato Cantabile in 1960.

She also worked with Orson Welles on several films and won the Bafta Award for best foreign actress for Viva Maria! in 1967.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40774985

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I watch quite a few French films to improve my knowledge of the language but I've only seen her in one French film: Jules et Jim which is such a good film. She also appeared in a few Hollywood films, generally in small supporting roles, but she had such a great screen presence that your eyes were always drawn to her.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
I know her mainly because she was in Five Branded Women with BBG from 1960

but the best thing i saw her in was with Alex Guiness and Leo mcKern in A foreign field, from ? 1993 it was wonderful, funny, poignant and sad and a masterclass in acting from Mr Guiness, also featured the wonderful John randolph a great character actor

upload_2017-8-1_19-14-25.jpeg

RIP Jeanne Moreau

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's weird. I like France and stuff. And Frenchy things. In fact, I'm mostly French on both sides of the family. So why do the big French stars never do much for me?

Not that Moreau isn't lovely, of course.

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I fall asleep during films with sub titles, doze off and wonder what happened!!
Shame on you, BF! :mo: I'm guessing that you must have missed out on a lot of great movies over the years then! :wink@ I mean ... if you've only seen movies produced in either the U.S. or the U.K.! :hide: