• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

JOAN COLLINS barefaced - applying make-up, with Michael Parkinson

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That video has been my favourite thing on the internet for a long time. You just reminded me I need to download it from YouTube to my new laptop. I wish some kind soul would upload the entire VHS cassette to YouTube. It looks like a fun day in the life of Joan Collins thing and everyone needs that in their life.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
That video has been my favourite thing on the internet for a long time. You just reminded me I hto download it from YouTube to my new laptop. I wish some kind soul would upload the entire VHS cassette to YouTube. It looks like a fun day in the life of Joan Collins thing and everyone needs that in their life.
I've had the entire program since 2002 (thanks, Shelby!) but I'm a terrible technical person -- otherwise, I would have uploaded Joan does Oprah, Sept. 1988, eons ago.

:(

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've had the entire program since 2002 (thanks, Shelby!) but I'm a terrible technical person -- otherwise, I would have uploaded Joan does Oprah, Sept. 1988, eons ago.

:(

Is this probably what you're referring to?

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I'm so used to seeing Joan all painted up, its weird seeing her mostly without anything on in the beginning. Oh well, she was still beautiful, makeup or no.

Heh, although I can't help but be reminded of a radio minister my family listened to years and years ago. He spoke with some weird accent (I'm not sure if it was Southern, but I can't think of what else it could have been), which made a line he said even funnier: "Some women look like witches without makeup." :lol:

FirstImpact

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
Favourite Movie
SWE3
With or without makeup, she looks gorgeous! Although makeup tendencies have changed since 80s, she's the only one who can hide those super dark circles. This video serves like a good example to follow up for beauty vloggers. Anyway, I'm really surprised with the fact that she succeeded to emphasize her eyes perfectly for the camera without using any fake eyelashes or premade fans. Even though I'm using one of the best lashes, I have never managed to get that effect of popping eyes. Well, she's simply fabulous!

Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

She did put on fake eyelashes towards the end though.

But yeah she looked amazing even with no make up on. Her skin was flawless. I am surprised how much she used her fingertips to apply the base. I usually have some sort of make up pad or sponge for that. I also tend to do a bit of blush on the cheekbones like was fashionable in the 80s. But I never do fake eyelashes or that much eye make up. It looks great on her though.