• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Joan Collins Joins Cast of American Horror Story Season 8

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Various sources are reporting that Joan Collins will be joining AHS. I have loved some seasons of this show and hated others. I most recently gave up on My Roanoke Nightmare after about 6 episodes as I just thought it was so bad. Like torture, if torture was boredom based.

Seeing Joan in a primetime show once again will be great though so I will have to check this out when it airs. The thought of her playing a really dark role is very appealing to me. Joan's role as yet is still undetermined. Producer Ryan Murphy is also eyeballing Anjelica Huston for a role on the show.
http://ew.com/tv/2018/04/04/american-horror-story-season-8-joan-collins-ryan-murphy/

http://www.nme.com/news/tv/joan-collins-american-horror-story-2281652

http://deadline.com/2018/04/ryan-murphy-joan-collins-joining-american-horror-story-1202358222/

tommie

Telly Talk Hero
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Hohum. I haven't watched this since season four. If Joan has a fairly big role I might bother.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The last season (6) was some of the worst TV I have ever seen. Such a waste of good acting talent. Hotel was pretty bad too. Mind numbing throat slashing after throat slashing... What kind of vampires don't bite? I watched that to the end though, hoping it would improve. I thought Murder House, Asylum, Freak Show were all good. I thought Coven was a meandering mess, Hotel was dull, and Roanoke was just dire. I have yet to see Cult but probably will give it a go before season 8 airs.

Season 8 is supposedly set in the future and has had things like Radioactive branded as a possible title. Sarah Paulson will be featured in dental appliances?
I hope they get it right with Joan and capitalise on her strengths. She can do dark so devilishly.

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I think seasons 2, 4 and 6 are the strongest, story-wise. Hotel was gorgeous but it would have been better without the last 2 or 3 episodes, they squeezed every twist and turn out of it but it kinda diminished the story instead of making it stronger. Lots of hot hunks and they mentioned The Colbys. That only happens on AHS!

The show is a wicked, vile, sexy, fabulous OTT circus with a great cast. Roll on series 7! Hurry up, netflix!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Dynastic Horror Story - Revenge Of The Bitch From Hell.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
And how great is it that that Joan has landed herself a spot on a Primetime show with a pretty big following at the same time as the reboot of DYNASTY?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Can´t wait to know Joan´s reaction to the details of whatever the role Ryan Murphy will write for her...She probably has googled "AHS" and she found out that Jessica Lange got an Emmy for that. Enough motivation to say yes. I wonder if she would accept to play a zombie, a lesbian or a deformed woman...

"...Not again!!!"​

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And for the very reasons mentioned in that article I don't think it would be a good idea to cast JC as a guest star for NuDynasty.
Been there done that, let her do something else instead.
AHS is a crazy show and yet the acting is always top-notch. I loved to watch Kathy Bates playing the actress playing The Butcher in Roanoke Nightmare.
The mockumentary approach was pure delight.

Ked

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And for the very reasons mentioned in that article I don't think it would be a good idea to cast JC as a guest star for NuDynasty.

Yeah, that's a good point.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I agree with this for sure. I think for this role Joan needs to call more on her Amicus '70s horror days and maybe a tad on The Bitch and The Stud then on anything Alexis Colby.
AHS is a crazy show and yet the acting is always top-notch. I loved to watch Kathy Bates playing the actress playing The Butcher in Roanoke Nightmare.
The mockumentary approach was pure delight.
I disagree here, I feel that AHS has been dwindling in quality for a while. I also think that Roanoke was truly awful, as was the premise of that mockumentary aspect. It was a waste of great acting talent and a flimsy dull idea and about as frightening as an episode of Big Brother.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was a waste of great acting talent and a flimsy dull idea and about as frightening as an episode of Big Brother.
I'm trying to think of an AHS scene that actually frightened me...hm I don't think there is one.
I thought the cannibal family was entertainingly disgusting. Little boys drinking milk straight from the pig? Wow, I had never seen that before!
The actors playing actors added an extra dimension to the story because we got both the real and the fake characters.
The "fan day" special is one of my favourite scenes.

But maybe you'll like the next one. Have you seen "Cult" yet?

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't think it would be a good idea to cast JC as a guest star for NuDynasty.

Maybe, but I quite liked the idea of her playing her own mother.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm trying to think of an AHS scene that actually frightened me...hm I don't think there is one.
I thought the cannibal family was entertainingly disgusting. Little boys drinking milk straight from the pig? Wow, I had never seen that before!
The actors playing actors added an extra dimension to the story because we got both the real and the fake characters.
The "fan day" special is one of my favourite scenes.

But maybe you'll like the next one. Have you seen "Cult" yet?
I haven't seen "Cult" yet no, I will give it a go when it comes to Netflix. I'd like to see AHS do some sort of time travelling/period season. All gothic and modern at the same time, like Dark Shadows.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think they did that in Coven?
It wasn't quite as I'd like. I'm thinking an actual time machine.... And Victorian London all in fog. But hold on, didn't they make a show recently about Jack The Ripper that was exactly that? Never mind...

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
For that gimmicky aspect I'd rather watch Michelle Phillips.

I already think it's kind of brilliant that Old Paige is playing Alexis as her version of Old Anne given that she was also the original Young Anne.