Joan Collins takes centre stage on new Dynasty series box set after three-decade feud

Barbara Fan

Dallas Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound

Joan Collins takes centre stage on new Dynasty series box set after three-decade feud​

1614008764845.png

(scary pic!!) MIAOWWWWWWWW ;) Was never a fan of this over rated **Cough splutter** Actress

After a feud that spanned three decades, Joan Collins has declared triumph over her Dynasty co-stars, with her character Alexis “finally where she belongs: front and centre”.

Scheming Alexis Carrington Colby is the most prominent figure on a new box set of the series, famous for its catfighting, released in August.

It comes after the actress claimed the late actor John Forsythe, who played her on-screen ex-husband billionaire oil tycoon Blake Carrington, insisted his image was always given prominence over his two female co-stars.

Promotional material for the 1980s series often featured John at the front, with his warring wife and ex-wife behind.

“John had to have his picture twice as big as anybody else, even though Linda and I were important,” Joan previously remarked.

She added: “He had to have more lines than anybody."

1614008850692.png

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
After a feud that spanned three decades, Joan Collins has declared triumph over her Dynasty co-stars, with her character Alexis “finally where she belongs: front and centre”.

Believe it or not, I don't blame Miss Collins for wanting to be out front where she belongs-- IINM, she was why that O-R ABC series had the ratings it did!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
But hasn't that been the artwork on that new boxset all along? It's been out a few years? I think Joan's stretching the truth a bit here. Also, it does often make for a better picture to place the male in the centre with the female co-stars either side flanking him. It just makes for a better composition?
For Dynasty it sort of made sense as in Blake was literally caught between his two wives, the past and the present. And let's not forget that Joan/Alexis got plenty of publicity back in the day. Aside from Princess Diana, and maybe Madonna, Joan was probably the most photographed woman of the 1980s.

Last edited:

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like her standing front and center. It certainly fits the character and the person as well but I love the three of them so it really wouldn’t matter to me who’s standing where.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But hasn't that been the artwork on that new boxset all along? It's been out a few years?

Come to think of it, looking it up on Amazon, yes, that does indeed seem to be the case.

Tony

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Linda’s pose actually looks the best of the three. If only her character delivered that promise of a strong and determined woman instead of what we got post season 5.

thomaswak

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, the artwork was already used on a boxed set in 2016 or 2017.

Not to be mean, but I really think that Joan Collins seems to have a very selective memory.