• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

john ross and Christopher appreciation thread

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

He just looks like her son. Eerie.

Scene they missed:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I loved Joshua and Omri in the roles and could never understand why they weren't used as adults. I know that Josh and Jesse were perhaps more well known but Jesse as Christopher looked no more like a Shepard than the man in the moon.

Liz Graig

Telly Talk Newbie
LV

Reaction score
On that note here's another promo photo:

View attachment 285
So what did you think of this love triangle?

Personally I liked Elena more with John Ross to start with but I guess you're supposed to think she belongs with Christopher. That's really how the story is constructed.

I loved elena w John ross in season 1. For me, that was the only genuine romantic relationship he had.. too bad it ended so fast. And that scene in the old old ewing oil offices where he's telling her how he used to sit in his daddy's chair there as a child and later proposing to her is one of my favorite scenes of dallas tnt.

K

Karin Schill

I loved elena w John ross in season 1. For me, that was the only genuine romantic relationship he had.. too bad it ended so fast. And that scene in the old old ewing oil offices where he's telling her how he used to sit in his daddy's chair there as a child and later proposing to her is one of my favorite scenes of dallas tnt.

I loved that scene too. It gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it and I started looking forward to their wedding. But unfortunately it was ruined like 30 minutes later when Elena's mother handed back the ring! :(
IMHO the pacing was a huge problem of Dallas TNT. They never knew how to build up their plots and how to work up towards a pay-off. They just kept moving too fast most of the time and they also spent too much time on insignficant plots (drug cartels) people didn't care about.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I would have left her used by Chris and regretting what happened but it be too late to fix and John Ross had found Pamela - and a love triangle is created. Elena loves John Ross and John Ross loves Elena but he's not in love with her he's in love with Pamela who loves him. Elena could have been Alexis - always trying to get her man back. But I'd have left her with Christopher always breaking her heart. Again good set up - bad follow through.

Rereading this post I'll add:

John Ross like Scarlet, the protagonist.

Elena his Ashley, never really in love with him, but caring for him and what could have been.

Pamela his Rhett, the one he really loves, the one everyone knows he loves, everyone but Pamela.

Could have been fun.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
always liked this promo pick ❤

Funny how each only had one son. I know there were others but only one real child that was part of them. I'd have like to have seen Lucy in this pick between her two uncles (Gary missing as he always was). That picture would have been Miss Ellie and Jock's legacy: 2 sons unmarried, each with a son of their own and the loan granddaughter. Now that was Dallas.

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was so happy when John Ross proposed to Elena in season 1. But then she broke up with him like 5 minutes later. :(

What was worst was hot Elena broke off the engagement. Sending your mother do give the guy the ring is so cowardly and disrespectful. Also, what mother would agree to do that. I had no use for Elena after that.