JR's Aftershave

DC1888

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun and quite light hearted thread to make.

Was it ever revealed what aftershave/cologne JR wore and if not what do you think he would have worn?

The likes of Brut and Old Spice would have been too cheap for JR. I think Bobby would have probably been using something slightly "yuppie-ish" like Calvin Klein Obsession but I think JR would have been using something older and classier like Aramis.

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I think he would have worn his own

It wasnt great, I bought one as a teenager but never intended to give it to my dad. I kept it since 1980 but had to throw it out about 10 years ago as it leaked all over the bottle and container and I ended up binning it as I couldnt even salvage the box!

DC1888

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
I think he would have worn his own

It wasnt great, I bought one as a teenager but never intended to give it to my dad. I kept it since 1980 but had to throw it out about 10 years ago as it leaked all over the bottle and container and I ended up binning it as I couldnt even salvage the box!
Its funny you should post that, I was looking for a bottle of Dallas related aftershave on ebay a few nights ago and that gave me the idea for this thread.

I believe they made a few different kinds like this one below. Going to have too keep an eye out on ebay because they seem to be quite rare.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Thought this would be a fun and quite light hearted thread to make.

Was it ever revealed what aftershave/cologne JR wore and if not what do you think he would have worn?

The likes of Brut and Old Spice would have been too cheap for JR. I think Bobby would have probably been using something slightly "yuppie-ish" like Calvin Klein Obsession but I think JR would have been using something older and classier like Aramis.
Fun topic! Nah, Bobby would definitely have worn something more masculine and sexy like Stetson.

DC1888

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
Fun topic! Nah, Bobby would definitely have worn something more masculine and sexy like Stetson.
Maybe its the cowboy association with a name like Stetson but I can definitely imagine Ray wearing it drinking beer from his Stetson tankard :)

As for Bobby I can imagine Stetson being too cheap for him and him wearing some expensive, obscure manly European fragrance.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Medals
Great idea for a thread!
It make me remember when Larry Hagman was doing commercials for BVD underwear. His tagline?

(Imagine J.R. saying it, with that gin and slight chuckle):

"Where else would I keep my assets?"

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
Great idea for a thread!
It make me remember when Larry Hagman was doing commercials for BVD underwear. His tagline?

(Imagine J.R. saying it, with that gin and slight chuckle):

"Where else would I keep my assets?"
That was a great ad, Patrick did a cute one for them too.