• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Telly Talk Top 5 Five Star

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Crazy In Love
2. Sweet Dreams
3. Run The World (Girls)
4. Formation
5. Partition

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
We have a result

The winning Beyoncé song is...

Crazy In Love

1. Crazy in Love - 10 points
2. Sweet Dreams & Run the World (Girls) - 7 points
4. Formation - 4 points
5. Partition - 2 points

Thanks for voting​

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Here's my Five Out Of Five...

1. Can't Wait Another Minute
  2. System Addict
  3. The Slightest Touch
  4. Rain Or Shine
  5. Stay Out Of My Life

I'm fond of all these tracks for different reasons, but this order feels right to me. If I had nominated the original version of The Slightest Touch (instead of the Shep Pettibone 7" Remix single version) it would have been at least #2, but I thought the Pettibone mix gave the tracks a more varied sound.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
System Addict has always been my favourite song by Five Star, but the cover from Steps of The Slightest Touch gave me a new appreciation of the song.

1. The Slightest Touch
  2. System Addict
  3. Stay Out Of My Life
  4. Can't Wait Another Minute
  5. Rain Or Shine

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I’ve been thinking about you @Emelee. No, not like that, but more like this.

Do you have a long list of nominated songs/artists for this thread and if not, do you want more suggestions in you inbox?

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
System Addict has always been my favourite song by Five Star

It's a longtime favourite of mine as well. The first Five Star music I bought was the System Addict 7" single and it still has a great sound.

(Thinking about it, System Addict could also be the theme song for many members of this site. I've certainly got the hardware habit).

but the cover from Steps of The Slightest Touch gave me a new appreciation of the song.

It's great isn't it.

Weirdly, the thing that pushed Can't Wait Another Minute into becoming my Five Star favourite was a few years ago when I realised that the verses sound very Lisa Hartman-esque. I can still hear her singing whenever I listen to it.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Thinking about it, System Addict could also be the theme song for many members of this site. I've certainly got the hardware habit).
Oh yes, absolutely!!

Weirdly, the thing that pushed Can't Wait Another Minute into becoming my Five Star favourite was a few years ago when I realised that the verses sound very Lisa Hartman-esque. I can still hear her singing whenever I listen to it.
Oooh, I’m off to check this out.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'll get the tally-up and new top 5 up when I can/have time. With a new puppy at home, there's very little time. :)