Just a few old stories....

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The back-story for this one shot is JR was involved in an accident. The result of the accident is he suffered memory loss and a severely injured leg. Slowly memories begin to return and those memories lead him to Southfork. A place he hopes might give him answers.

Title: Memory

Author: zephiey

Rating: K

Pairing: None

Category: One Shot, AU, Drama

Warnings: None
Disclaimer: Dallas and its characters are the property of CBS, Larry Katzman and Warner Bros Studios. No infringement is intended from this work of fiction.

Summary: Memory is a tricky thing.

Author Notes: I may add more to this story idea in the future. But now this one shot stands alone.

Memory

The big man picked up his duffle bag, placed his battered cowboy hat on his head and limped across the concourse toward the taxi stand. As he walked, he looked around hoping something would spark a memory.

Nothing did.

It seemed the flood of disconnected memories that had started three weeks ago was now nothing more than a trickle. He just hoped this trip to Dallas wasn’t in vain.

Reaching the taxi stand, he waited. A vacant taxi pulled up and he opened the back door tossing his duffle inside before removing his hat and gingerly sitting down on the back seat. His leg was throbbing and he knew he should take one of the muscle relaxers but he also knew if he did, he would sleep for at least twelve hours. He didn’t have the luxury of sleep now. Setting his jaw against the constant pain in his leg, he closed the door to the taxi.

“Where to beau’?” asked the driver. He could tell the man wasn’t a native of Texas, probably from Louisiana. He had become adept at figuring out where people were from in the two years he had travelled.

“Do ya’ know the Southfork Ranch?” he asked in a lazy Texas drawl.

“Yeah,” the driver answered. “Its bout forty miles outside town,” he added.

“That’s where I need to go,” answered the man.

“It gonna be a ‘spensive,” said the driver, looking in the rear view mirror at his blue eyed passenger, his Cajun accent lending his words a musical cadence.

“Don’t worry ‘bout it,” the blue-eyed stranger answered, reaching into his jeans and removing his billfold. He pulled a hundred dollar bill out and handed to the driver. “That should cover it,” he said.

“Dat it will,” said the driver, jotting down the destination, clipping the money to the clipboard and starting the metre before he eased the taxi into the exiting airport traffic.

Skilfully manoeuvring the taxi through the traffic then onto the expressway the driver looked at his passenger through the rear-view mirror. “Got family at Southfork?” he asked as he watched the man rub his leg. He knew the Ewing family owned the ranch; everyone knew the Ewing family owned the ranch.

“Not sure,” answered his passenger. “That’s what I am tryin’ to find out.”

Surprised at the man’s answer the driver didn’t respond immediately. Seeing the grimace of pain on the man’s face and the way he kept shifting the driver said, “I’ve got some Tylenol if you need some,” holding up the small bottle to show the man.

“Thanks,” he said, taking the bottle from the driver’s hand, shaking out two pills, and popping them in his mouth swallowing them dry.

“Here,” the driver said, handing a small can of pineapple juice back to his passenger. “I keep a couple of cans in a cooler,” explained the driver.

“Thanks,” he said again, pulling the tab off the can and drinking down the cold juice. Finished he set the can down on his leg, leaned his head back, closing his eyes. The driver didn’t say anything as he watched his fare slip into a light doze. Giving the afternoon traffic his full attention, he decided he would wake the man once they reached Southfork.

“Hey beau, we here.” The words penetrated the sleep-fogged mind of the blue-eyed man and he lifted his head from the back of the seat. Staring at the front of the house the man felt a tingle of recognition for a brief moment before it faded.

“Do I owe you anything more?” he asked, as he opened the back door.

“Naw beau, dat hundred took care of it. I owe ya some change though.”

“Keep it,” said the man as he levered himself up from the back seat.

“Thanks beau. Need any help?”

“No thanks, I got it,” the man said, reaching inside and grabbing his duffle and placing it on the ground. Straightening, he placed his hat on his head, and watched as the taxi drove away. Turning he picked up his duffle, and with a deep breath he limped toward the front door, grimacing at the pain in his leg.

Reaching the front door, he rang the bell and waited. A few minutes passed and he rang the bell again, this time pressing on it for a few minutes. The door opened and he was greeted by an older woman, her eyes wide.

Suddenly nervous, he took his hat off, fingering the brim. “Umm…ma’am, I’m sorry to bother you but…um…do you know me?”

Miss Ellie stood transfixed, her hands raised to her mouth as her eyes filled with tears, before her stood her oldest son. The son she had prayed to see again. The son she thought dead for two years.

“Ellie, who is it?” asked Clayton walking to the door, suddenly stopping in shock. “Oh my god!” he breathed out.

“Sir…I…” the man who knew himself only as John began, surprised to suddenly find himself pulled into a fierce hug by the woman and man standing in front of him. “ Oh JR…oh my son…,” cried the woman while the man just held him tightly.

John blinked the tears from his eyes. He had finally found home.

The End

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Remembering – Sequel to Memory

Rating: K

Pairing: None

Disclaimer: Dallas and its characters are the property of CBS, Larry Katzman and Warner Bros Studios. No infringement is intended from this work of fiction.

Summary: A conversation helps with remembering.

Author Notes: This is a sequel to my one shot Memory. It takes place the morning after J.R. returns to Southfork.

John limped into the dining room, sitting down at the table and reached for the coffee pot that sat on the table. He poured himself a cup of coffee before taking a sip of the strong black drink. Sighing softly, he sat back in the chair allowing the quiet of the morning to wash over him. He thought back to yesterday, about his arrival and his discovery that this place, this ranch was his home. He had spent a few hours talking to his mother…a smile formed on his face when he thought about the woman who was his mama.

For two years he had thought he was all alone in the world, that he had no one but himself but that all changed yesterday. Yesterday he found out he had a mama, a step-father- his father had died a few years ago- he didn’t know how he felt about his daddy being dead. He didn’t remember him, but from what Miss Ellie had said, he had loved him. John didn’t know if he did or not but at least he knew he had a father. He was thrilled that he had three brothers, three sister-in-laws, a niece and a nephew. But the most amazing news was that he did indeed have a wife and a son, the vague recollections he had of hazel eyes were more than a simple dream. For two years, since his accident he had wondered if he had anyone and now he knew he did.

J.R.’s leg throbbed and he rubbed it trying to ease the discomfort. Twelve hours of sleep had helped ease the pain but it wasn’t gone completely. Sitting back, he let his thoughts wonder to his wife and son. He tried to bring up a sharp memory of his wife but he couldn’t.

All he could remember were hazel eyes, the feel of soft hair and the scent of perfume but he was unable to develop a complete picture of the woman who was his wife. Every time he tried to bring an image forward, it was hazy, indistinct. The only part of her that was clear was her eyes. He knew he would know her eyes anywhere. His son was just as unclear. He could see a smile, and blue eyes but a clear image just wouldn’t come forward.

His neurologist, Doctor Murad Chamdraja, had cautioned him not to try to force the memories forward, instead allow them to appear. However, there were times he felt frustrated at not being able to remember anything. Three weeks ago, he had a flood of disconnected memories, memories that led to him taking time off from his ironworker job to book a flight to Dallas in hopes that this time the memories would lead to more than a dead end. Six months ago, a flood of memories had led him to a small town in Louisiana. Nine months ago, another set of memories had him taking a trip to Oklahoma. No one in either place had known him or of him and he had returned to Virginia angry and depressed. Murad had counselled him not to become dejected at his lack of success but there had been times he had been close to giving up. He had almost not taken this trip but Murad had encouraged him to come. He was glad he had listened, realizing he would need to call Murad and inform him he had found his family and past.

Taking another sip of coffee, John continued to think about his wife and son. He was so deep in thought that the sound of someone else entering the dining room caused him to jump. Looking over, he saw a young boy; about ten year’s old standing in the doorway of the dining room.

“Hello,” he said, smiling. John didn’t know which one of the boys this one was, part of him hoped it was his son. Miss Ellie had told him his name was John Ross and the other part wished just as desperately it was his nephew, the boy called Christopher- he didn’t know if he was ready to face his son, a son he couldn’t remember apart from a few fleeting pieces of memory.

“Hello Daddy,” said John Ross. “Do ya remember me?” he asked, watching the man who was his father close his eyes before opening them again. The look and tears in his daddy’s eyes told John Ross his daddy didn’t really remember him. John Ross fought back his tears. Grandma then Mama had explained that Daddy might not remember him. Being told he didn’t and not seeing his daddy’s smile, the one his daddy only gave him was completely different.

John Ross took a deep breath, stood taller and with confidence that once mirrored his daddy’s he walked up to the his daddy, held his hand out and said in a strong voice, “I’m John Ross Ewing the third. You can call me John Ross and I’m your son.”

John took his son’s hand in his and said, “Hello, John Ross. I’m pleased to meet you. My name is John Ross too but most call me John.”

“No, most call you J.R. or Mr. Ewing,” said John Ross, the certainty in his voice unmistakable. “We’re both named after Granddaddy Jock. He was John Ross Ewing, but everyone called him Jock. You’re named John Ross Ewing, Jr. but everyone calls ya J.R. and like I said I’m John Ross Ewing III and people call me John Ross.” John Ross finished. He tilted his head to the side, looked at his daddy with small grin on his face and added, “But I’ll just call ya Daddy, since that’s who ya are and it’d be less confusing for everyone.”

John, now known as J.R. looked at the boy in front of him. He could feel the tears fill his eyes and blinked them away rapidly. “Okay,” he answered gruffly. He didn’t trust himself to say anything more his control was too tenuous. He watched as John Ross took a seat next to him, before pouring himself some juice. After taking a large drink of juice, John Ross sat his glass back down on the table.

“Grandma said she told you who was who in the family,” said John Ross, looking at his father.

“Yes, she did,” replied J.R.

“Well tellin’ and knowin’ are two different things. How about when everyone comes in I tell ya who is who, this way you can match a name with a face,” offered John Ross.

“Oh thank god,” said J.R. “I was worried about knowin’ who was who. I didn’t want to call someone by the wrong name,” he whispered to John Ross.

John Ross laughed. “Don’t worry Daddy, I’ve got ya covered,” said John Ross smiling and taking his father’s hand in his. J.R. looked down at the small hand in his large one and felt his chest explode with the warmth of a thousand suns. ‘I’ve got a son,’ he thought returning the John Ross’s smile with one of his own.

John Ross’s smile became wider when he saw the smile on his daddy’s face. It was his special smile. The smile that was his all alone and John Ross knew even if his daddy’s head didn’t remember him his heart did. Laughing, John Ross reached for the dish of pancakes.

He was starving!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“That’s Uncle Bobby and Aunt Pam. Uncle Bobby is your youngest brother. It’s you, Uncle Gary, Uncle Ray then Uncle Bobby,” explained John Ross as they watched the two walk into the dining room. The males in the room stood as Pam walked in. John Ross had been explaining who was who as each person came down for breakfast.

First, it had been Christopher, then Grandpa Clayton, then Grandma. When Grandma had come into the room, John Ross had noticed his daddy stood up and didn’t sit down until Grandma did.

“Daddy, why did you stand up when Grandma came in?” asked John Ross. He couldn’t remember his daddy every doing that before.

“It’s just something I do. Its good manners to always stand up when a lady enters a room,” said J.R.

“But I don’t remember you ever…,” began John Ross.

“John Ross, years ago your daddy, Granddaddy Jock and all your uncles would always stand when a woman came into the room,” explained Grandma. “Your Granddaddy Jock taught all the boys their manners. But as time went on, they stopped doing it. I’m not sure exactly why. But I must admit it is nice to see your daddy do it once more,” said Miss Ellie.

“Would it be okay if I did it?” John Ross asked his father. “Me too?” asked Christopher.

“I don’t see why not,” answered J.R., who then explained when it was appropriate to stand and when you could remain seated. Both boys listened intently. Miss Ellie shared a smile with Clayton.

“Aunt Pam is a Barnes. I’m not sure what that means,” said John Ross. “But I’ve heard you say it often so it must mean something,” explained John Ross.

“I don’t know what it means either, son,” shrugged J.R. “Maybe we ought to ask your Aunt Pam,” said J.R. as he took his seat again.

“Okay,” said John Ross as he sat down again. “Aunt Pam?”

“Yes, John Ross?” answered Pam.

“What does you being a Barnes mean? I was telling Daddy who was who and that you are a Barnes but I don’t know what that means,” explained John Ross.

“Dammit John Ross…,” began Bobby.

“Don’t curse at my son,” warned J.R., his voice soft but firm.

“J.R. you’re not back one day, and you are already…,” yelled Bobby, rising to his feet.

Miss Ellie and Clayton were both ready to tell Bobby to calm down when J.R.’s firm voice said, “Sit down boy!”

His words and his tone were so reminiscent of Jock Ewing that everyone at the table was stunned. Bobby stared.

“I said sit down boy. You don’t raise your voice at the table or to my son. Now John Ross asked a question that neither one of us knows the answer to. If Pam doesn’t mind I would appreciate her explaining it,” said J.R., his tone firm.

Pam reached out and placed a hand on Bobby’s arm. “Sit down Bobby,” she said. Turning to J.R. and John Ross, she began to explain about the Barnes and the Ewing’s. Throughout her explanation both John Ross and J.R. were silent. Finished she sat back and waited. She knew J.R. would have something scathing to say and prepared herself for it.

J.R. rubbed his bottom lip, an action that was familiar to everyone at the table. He did it often when he was deep in thought. Dropping his hand to the table, he leaned forward in his chair, his hands clasped loosely around his coffee cup.

“Now let me get this straight. Our fathers began feuding over a company they both started. They were partners until they had a falling out after my daddy placed some contracts in his name to keep your daddy, Digger from drinking away the profits,” asked J.R.

Pamela nodded.

“And when your daddy found out about it he lost his temper, attacked my daddy, accusing him of not only stealing his company but his woman, that woman being Miss Ellie, my mama, correct?”

Pamela nodded.

“And this feud has lasted to this day, correct?”

Pamela nodded again.

“Idiots!” said J.R. Everyone at the table stared at J.R.

“Daddy, are you calling Granddaddy Jock and Digger idiots?” asked John Ross.

“Yes, I am,” said J.R.

“Why?”

“Yes, why?” asked Pamela.

“Because those two men let a situation that could have easily been resolved get out of hand. They let their egos get in the way of their common sense,” said J.R. “And I find it difficult to believe that Digger didn’t know his drinking was causing him to lose Miss Ellie. Jock didn’t have to steal Miss Ellie, Digger pushed her away.”

“How do you figure that?” asked Bobby.

“I may have just discovered her as my mama again but you can’t tell me that she…, “ said J.R. gesturing to their mother, “ …would put up being second fiddle to anything, either alcohol or oil.”

Before anyone could say another word, John Ross noticed his mother at the doorway of the dining room. He stood up and shouted, “Mama!” before running over to her.

Surprised but secretly pleased at his enthusiastic greeting Sue Ellen hugged him to her. “Good morning,” she said laughing. John Ross grabbed her hand and pulled her over to where his Daddy stood, talking the entire time.

“Mama, I’ve been helping Daddy put faces to names so he would know who is who. He yelled at Uncle Bobby for cursing at me when I asked Aunt Pam what being a Barnes meant. She explained it and Daddy called Granddaddy Jock and Digger idiots and told Uncle Bobby that Grandma wouldn’t play second fiddle to anything not even oil. And he has been teaching Christopher and me all about manners and stuff,” said John Ross. Turning to look at his mother John Ross asked, “Mama, did you know men are supposed to stand every time a lady enters a room?”

“Yes,” answered Sue Ellen. “Your daddy used to do that all the time when we were dating.”

John Ross smiled. He loved to hear about when his mama and daddy dated. “But we don’t have to do it at school…which is good because the girls there are always walking into rooms,” added John Ross.

John Ross stopped in front of his daddy, who was staring at his mama. John Ross wasn’t sure what his daddy was thinking but from the look on his face, he was sure his daddy was stunned at how pretty his mama was. John Ross thought his mama was the prettiest lady in all of Texas. She was even prettier than Aunt Pam, something he didn’t tell Christopher or Uncle Bobby. Now standing between the two, he made introductions.

“Daddy this is my mama, your wife, Sue Ellen Ewing,” said John Ross. John Ross nudged his father. “Say something,” he whispered loudly, causing everyone around the table to chuckle.

J.R. looked down at John Ross, who smiled up at him encouragingly and then back up into the hazel eyes of his wife. Taking a deep breath J.R. said the first thing that came to mind.

“Hello Miss Texas.”

The End

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Love Last
Rating: Mature
Pairing: Jock/Ellie
Summary: Jock is jealous of an old love.

"Give me bourbon," growled Jock as he watched his wife and his one time partner walk away arm in arm.

The bartender placed the bourbon in front of the man. Jock slammed the bourbon back and ordered another, gulping the second one down just as fast as the first. A third then fourth was ordered before he demanded a full bottle. The bartender didn't argue with the Ewing patriarch, he simply fulfilled his request before turning and waving over one of the bar backs. A hurried whispered conversation resulted in the bar back hurrying off to find JR Ewing. Watching the elder Ewing stalk off, the bartender hoped that whoever he was angry with stayed out of his way or JR Ewing found him first. Otherwise there would be more than one type of fireworks at this year’s Bar-be-que.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"It's been so nice to see you," Ellie said walking alongside Digger.

"It's nice to be seen," Digger replied. "It's been quite a long time since we went out walking together," added Digger.

"Yes...yes it has," replied Ellie before stopping. She leaned against the fence and looked out over Southfork. She felt Digger step closer to her, and saw his hands come to rest on either side of her.

"Ellie?" he whispered softly.

Ellie shivered in response to his voice, exactly as she had when she was younger. "Yes Willard," she replied, turning to look at the man she still loved. She loved Jock, of course but Willard...Willard was her first love and always would be. If things had been different it would have been Willard not Jock she would have married. But things had been different and so she married another man, who she came to love just not in the same way she loved Willard.

"I'm going to kiss you," he said.

"I...I...” Ellie stuttered but Willard placed a finger against her lips to silence her. Ellie looked into Willard's eyes as he bent toward her. She kept her eyes open as his lips touched her softly. Ending the soft kiss Willard pulled back to stare into her eyes. He smiled softly before pulling her into his arms and kissing her again. Ellie's eyes slid closed and a soft sigh escaped as she melted into her first love's kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jock took another swallow of bourbon straight from the bottle.

He was drunk.

Very, very drunk.

He knew it and he didn't care. His wife of forty plus years, the woman he loved more than life itself was off with his ex-partner, her first love. They had been gone for over two hours. Two hours doing god knows what while he sat in his darkening den and did nothing but drink.

He knew he should try to go and find them but he couldn't bring himself to search out his own destruction.

Because that is exactly what would happen when he found them in each other's arms. He would be destroyed.

The great John 'Jock' Ewing would be broken and life as he knew it would end for him. So he would rather sit here in his den and drink himself into unconsciousness rather than see his wife in the arms of the only man she really loved. Taking another pull from the bottle he ignored the sound of the door to the den opening.

"So this is where you are. I've been looking for you for over an hour."

"Yea right," Jock snorted derisively. He lifted the bottle to his lips again, hoping this sip would send him into unconsciousness.

Ellie walked into the den and toward Jock's desk. Reaching the desk she moved to turn the lamp on. "Don't," Jock growled, snatching her arm.

Ellie winced at Jock's grip. "Jock, let go! You're hurting me," she said painfully.

Jock ignored her cry and tightened his grip even more, jerking her toward him. Ellie stumbled, falling to her knees in front of Jock's chair.

"Did you enjoy your little tryst with your lover?" growled Jock, leaning forward in his chair until he was face to face with Ellie. He felt some satisfaction at the slight fear that flitted across Ellie's face briefly.

"I didn't have a tryst," argued Ellie, bringing up her other hand to pry at Jock's grip. Jock grabbed her other arm quickly, pulling her up toward him. His dropped his face to her neck and sniffed deeply.

"Then why do you smell like him?" snarled Jock. He could smell Digger's cologne on Ellie.

"He kissed me. That's why you can smell his cologne," argued Ellie, trying to pull away from Jock but failing. Moving his grip from her arms to her head he buried his hands in her hair jerking her head back.

"He kissed you? Did you kiss him back?" growled Jock.

For a split second Ellie thought about lying to Jock but she didn't. Instead she answered him truthfully. "Yes...yes, I did," she said.

Jock stared at her.

He wanted to hurt her, beat her, kill her and for a split second he almost gave into the urge to do just that instead he decided to do the only thing he knew he could do. He kissed her, trying to wipe from her lips and her mind the memory of Digger Barnes' kiss.

Ellie fought his kiss. She didn't want to kiss Jock. She slapped at his chest and shoulders before reaching up to pull his hair so he would let her go. Jock ignored her struggles against him and continued to kiss her. When she jerked his hair Jock deepened the kiss, forcing his tongue into her mouth. He kissed her until she stopped struggling against him. When he broke their kiss he smirked at her moan.

Shifting out of the chair he gently lowered Ellie to the floor, following her down and stretching out his long frame over her, trapping her beneath him. Years of familiarity allowed him to quickly divest her of her panties, thanking God that she still preferred stockings to pantyhose before releasing himself from his pants.

He gave Ellie no chance to stop him as he grabbed her leg, shifted it up onto his hip and slid into her. He shuddered at the tight feel of her. She was wet, but not as wet as usual so he took his time to pump into her slowly.

Her body responded to Jock as it usually did and she cursed herself.

Why couldn't she ever deny this man?

His slow movements in and out were increasing her desire and soon she was demanding he move faster and harder.

Jock answered her demands by leaning back on his legs and lifting her up into his arms and his lap. He thrust up into her while pulling her down simultaneously. Her gasps and moans filled his ears as he f***ed his wife, his woman. He soon felt the telltale signs of his impending orgasm. Moving one hand from Ellie's back to between their bodies he reached down. His long fingers settled on her clitoris and with sure strokes he manipulated that bundle of nerves until he felt her tighten around him.

"Oh god...Jock!" Ellie screamed as she came.

"Ellie!" bellowed Jock as he followed her in coming.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Good mornin' Miss Ellie," greeted Sue Ellen sitting down for breakfast on the patio.

"Good morning Sue Ellen," replied Miss Ellie, smiling at her daughter-in-law over the rim of her coffee cup. "Where's JR?" she asked.

"Recovering," Sue Ellen said. "Is Jock helping with the cleanup?" Sue Ellen asked, surprised that the elder Ewing wasn't at breakfast.

"No..no, it seems father is like son today. He's recovering too," answered Miss Ellie chuckling. Sue Ellen joined Miss Ellie in laughter.

"I guess that means it's just you and I today," said Sue Ellen. "Here's to recovering," toasted Sue Ellen.

"To recovering," Miss Ellie saluted in return.

The End

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Heartache
Rating: T
Pairing: Sue Ellen / Dusty Farlow, J.R. Ewing / Sue Ellen
Summary: She is married to another man. He knows all loving her will do is bring him heartache but he doesn’t care.

J.R. watched her sleep. It was rare for her to be able to stay overnight with him and J.R. didn’t want to miss one moment of this time with her. He knew she would have to go home in the morning, return to her husband and her life in San Angelo.

She would leave and he would once again pick up the pieces to his heart. J.R. knew she would bring him heartache but he didn’t care. He loved her. He would love her until he breathed his last and he was pretty sure he would love her even after that. As he watched her he let his thoughts drift back to the day he met her. Back to the day he tumbled into Sue Ellen Farlow’s life and she changed it forever.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

“Sue Ellen, I know you don’t want to be here but could you at least try to enjoy yourself,” her husband Dusty suggested as they walked onto the grounds of Southfork. Sue Ellen glared at her husband saying nothing.

She hated these things. Hated to be on display in front of everyone. She knew everyone expected her to be the charming society wife but that wasn’t who she was . She was simply the wife of a man who just so happened to run one of the largest oil companies in Texas. She was well-read, articulate, a businesswoman in her own right but shy. She wished her father-in-law had come along, If he were here she would at least have one person to talk to while enduring this barbeque and Dusty’s inevitable philandering. Unfortunately, he had left yesterday for a trip to Scotland, so she was here all alone forced to play the society wife just so her husband could wheel and deal then go off with some bimbo for a quick roll in the hay.

Biting back the sigh that almost escaped Sue Ellen placed a small smile on her face and prepared herself for six hours or more of boredom. Slipping her hand into the pocket of her skirt, she fingered the book she had secreted there. Dusty wouldn’t be happy if he knew she had brought along a book but if worse came to worse she could always slip off someplace quiet and read. It was better than enduring hours of mindless conversation or watching her loving husband chase some empty-headed bimbo.

Sue Ellen ordered an ice tea and with it in hand she quietly made her way to one of the outbuildings. Looking around furtively, she made sure she was alone before she slipped inside the cool building. Spying the ladder Sue Ellen clasped the plastic cup in her teeth and smoothly climbed the wooden rungs up to the second floor. Reaching the top she made her way over to the opened doorway and sat down, leaning against one of the bales of hay sitting on the floor. She placed her iced tea next to her, and reached inside the pocket of her skirt to retrieve her book. Opening it she quickly became engrossed in the new murder mystery and for a brief time uncaring of what her husband was doing.

J.R. climbed the rungs of the ladder. He needed to escape. He had a headache and was tired. Three days of dealing with an emergency on one of the Ewing Gulf rigs had drained him and all he wanted to do was sleep for a week. But unfortunately he couldn’t since today was the Annual Ewing Barbeque and his presence was required by his family. He had performed his host duties and after retrieving three aspirin from the downstairs bathroom he had made his escape as soon as possible. Reaching the top of the ladder J.R. stepped up, and headed over to the opened doorway. His exhaustion was so overwhelming that he failed to notice the person who sat facing the doorway until he literally fell into their lap.

Sue Ellen yelped in surprise when a large body fell across her legs. Her yelp soon turned to concern and she asked, “Oh my…are you alright?”

“I think I ought to be askin’ you that?” a slow drawl said as the man laying across her legs struggled to right himself. Sue Ellen was about to respond but her voice suddenly deserted her when she stared into a set of stunning blue eyes.

zephiey

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Title: Secret sequel to Heartache
Rating: T
Pairing: Sue Ellen/ JR
Summary: A secret no more.

Bobby stopped at the doorway of the den.

J.R. stood at the window, bourbon in hand staring out across the expanse of Southfork. Bobby wished for the hundredth time he could help his brother; wished he could say something, anything to help his brother but there was nothing he could say or do to help his brother in this situation.

Bobby walked over to J.R, patted him on the back and said, “Hey big brother.”

J.R. turned. “Hey Bob. What’s up?,” he asked before turning to stare back out the window.

“Nothin’. Just wanted to see how you were?” answered Bobby. Bobby could see the sadness and exhaustion that marred his brother’s face. “Want to talk about it?” Bobby asked softly.

“About what?” asked J.R. quietly, hoping Bobby would take the hint and leave him alone for a bit. He needed some time for himself to regroup and recover.

“About...," began Bobby. "J.R., she’s married to…”

J.R. turned on Bobby. “I know she’s married….and I’m well aware who she is married to,” spat J.R. through clenched teeth.

Bobby took a step back. J.R.’s temper could be formidable when unleashed. Bobby decided to try another tactic and started to speak only to be interrupted by J.R.

“What do you want me to do Bob? I love her,” said J.R. running a hand through his hair. “I love her…I can’t change that..,” he added, taking another sip of his drink. “And I don’t want to. I just wish I knew how to get her away from him safely,” he said finishing his drink before walking over to the bar to pour himself another. “Get her away and keep her safe,” he said.

Bobby didn’t have an answer. As powerful as the Ewing’s were the Farlow’s were just as powerful, if not more so. Bobby knew Steven Farlow wasn’t the type of man to just let his wife divorce him. He would fight tooth and nail to keep what he saw as his property his, and that is exactly how he viewed his wife Sue Ellen.

J.R. could probably win against him, especially since Farlow’s own father made it clear he would take his daughter-in-law’s side in any divorce but the cost to J.R. and the family would be enormous. Compared to Farlow, J.R. looked like a saint and Bobby knew J.R. was concerned about Farlow’s reaction.

J.R. drank his bourbon in one swallow and poured himself another.

“She’s pregnant,” said J.R. softly.

“What?” asked Bobby in disbelief.

J.R. turned back to Bobby. “She’s pregnant. She told me yesterday. Before she left…three months.”

“Is it…?” Bobby started to ask.

“It’s mine,” J.R. replied. “She hasn’t slept with Farlow in five months...”

“What are you going to do?” asked Bobby.

“I don’t know...I just don’t know,” replied J.R. “But whatever it is I am gonna have to do it soon. Real soon…,” he added. J.R. placed his glass down on the bar. “I’ll see ya at dinner Bob,” J.R. said, squeezing Bobby’s shoulder and walking out of the den.

Bobby watched as J.R. walked out of the den. Bobby knew whatever J.R. decided to do, he would back him one hundred percent. There was no question as to that.

Watching J.R. walk up the stairs Bobby wondered how Pam would feel about a day trip to San Angelo. Bobby figured it was about time he and Pam got to know their future sister-in-law better. After all she would be moving to Southfork soon….very, very soon.

Crazy For Sue Ellen

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for postingExcellent ❤