Katherine MacGregor Dead at 93

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Katherine MacGregor best known to all as Harriet Oleson has passed away. My parents were firm favourites of Little House on the Prairie and with just one television in the household we also grew up watching this series. Harriet Oleson is one of those characters we're not meant to like, she was wicked after all, but Katherine played her with such zealous you couldn't help but love her.

images.jpg

R.I.P. Katherine​

K

Karin Schill

I'm sorry to hear that. My sympathies to her family, friends and co-stars.

In my opinion the Olsen family represented the humor of the Little House of the Prairie. I re-watched the show a few years ago and I loved Harriet Olsen. So I'm sad she's gone but she lived a long life. :rip:

Maybe not the most appropriate for the occasion but I made a fan video about the Olsen last year that captures some of their light-hearted and funny moments:

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
RIP Mrs Oleson and Katherine Macgregor

They were far more entertaining than the sickly and goody two shoes Ingills clan

Loved her relationship with brow beaten Nels and her 2 spoiled kids

K

Karin Schill

Found this interview on youtube today and thought I'd share it here since it sums up her role as Harriet Oleson brilliantly:

TJames03

Banned
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Actually, Harriet was MUCH more evil in the beginning. No comedic aspect then. Does anyone know why she wasn't in any of the "LHOTP" movies after the series ended?

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
past orbit, on the way out of the solar system
RIP Mrs. MacGregor, you were great fun to watch as Harriet, thank you for that.