Ken Kercheval Has Died - Now Confirmed 21/04/19

lbf522

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
I agree James. It was the same thing when Luke Perry died and the fans bugged Jennie Garth for a statement. In my opinion it is the worst thing you can do. I guess in the past the press only did that. Now with social media everyone thinks they are entitled to ask for statements. :(

On a happier note I watched two episodes tonight. First the season 10 one where Cliff found the natural gas since I wanted to watch one where Cliff got to win. It was uneven though and included some dull characters like Casey Denault and Kimberly Cryder.

Then I watched Election and wow what a difference. Great episode. I love how Cliff was still sticking by his moral compass at the time. Yet he lost and that made him more corrupt. But no way that man could turn into the man who was sent to Mexican prison. It just doesn't add up.

Yes Cliff did lose his moral compass fighting the Ewings. I hoped that he would get it near the end of the series. I was unhappy when he lost that election.

On Dallas TNT, they destroyed Cliff Barnes and made him pure evil. Nothing about his behavior made much sense. The Barnes-Ewing Feud was over and they moved on with their lives. Not only that, they made Cliff a monster on the show.

Blowing up a platform with people standing on it is bad enough but with your pregnant daughter standing on it is evil. Worst, he disappears like a coward after she loses her twins and when he finally shows up he says to her, "You have to forgive me.".

It was a waste of a great character. But Ken Kercheval played him well just the same.

RIP

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I was hoping this wasn't true.

Sadly, however it turned out to be true & we have lost our very dear friend Ken Kercheval. Wasn't he great as JR's nemesis Cliff Barnes? I have very fond memories of him playing Cliff in the original hit series. Didn't much like what the writers did to Cliff in the Cyntax Dallas, as has been touched on by others. Ken was just as much important to the show as Larry & Victoria were because his character very much continued the Barnes Ewing feud which was the corner stone of the show's storylines. Rest In Peace, you will never be forgotten.

ken2.jpg

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I totally agree with @James from London. As much as we would like it to be, it really isn't our business. Patrick, from experience, is very private. I'm the same with anything happening to my relatives. No one should feel pressured to talk, just for our sake.

Karin Schill

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I don't think Patrick will say anything about Ken. He has now posted on his twitter and it's on a completely different topic.

Anyway for those of you who hasn't seen Leigh McCloskey's heartfelt post about Ken here it is:

D5CG-9hX4AEM6wB.jpg large.jpg

southfork88

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Bravo Leigh, and bravi to Victoria, Audrey, Sheree ... and Linda (even she used a bit formal words).

In my opinion Ken, despite he participated in several reunions with Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, continued to be less close with them, just as Victoria Principal and Barbara Bel Geddes, both personality very similar to him.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
@southfork88 Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but why did you single out Linda? She was the first to post and it wasn't formal, it was very touching. He was I believe closest to Barbara when they worked together. Apologies if it is a language barrier that is making me read your post differently.

Last edited:

Herofan

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
I have yet to see this reported on the news or any websites I see. That’s odd, because websites like MSN will even report obscure people like country singers who had a hit in 1950. Has it officially been reported in the usual places and I just missed it?

TJames03

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Medals
Guys, these people don't have to have their noses up each other's "sses 24/7. The oddballs are and were Hagman, Gray, and Duffy, no one else. Everyone else knew it was just a job, not a fraternity.....

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I have yet to see this reported on the news or any websites I see. That’s odd, because websites like MSN will even report obscure people like country singers who had a hit in 1950. Has it officially been reported in the usual places and I just missed it?
It was reported on BBC News, RTE (Ireland) and @Karin Schill told me she saw it on the Swedish news.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
This came for me today.

ken5.jpg

It's a 8 x 10" photograph with an authentic signature verified by the seller. A certificate of authenticity is included.

I don't care if it's dedicated to William, as my name is David. I just wanted something to remember him by with his autograph on. I started crying just looking at it. Ken is in his prime as Cliff Barnes. The image is obviously from around 1978 when Dallas as a TV series first started. On seeing that this photo was offically authorised by Lorimar Television, I couldn't stop crying. Lorimar Television as we know was absorbed into Warner Bros. & no longer exists.

Rest in Peace Ken Kercheval. Rest In Peace Lorimar Television, the true Producers of Dallas. :(

Last edited:

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I don't think Patrick will say anything about Ken. He has now posted on his twitter and it's on a completely different topic.

Anyway for those of you who hasn't seen Leigh McCloskey's heartfelt post about Ken here it is:

View attachment 16129
He could at least acknowledge Ken Kercheval in his tweets for goodness sake! Anyone with an ounce of decency would do so! :(

Whilst I don't like the attitude Patrick seems to foster against Victoria Principal just because she was a success after Dallas. He needs to get a life.

Sorry Patrick Duffy but if you can't be arsed saying anything about Ken Kercheval, then you're clearly not the man I thought you were.

James from London

Telly Talk Superstar
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Medals
He could at least acknowledge Ken Kercheval in his tweets for goodness sake! Anyone with an ounce of decency would do so!
I'm not really comfortable saying anything personal or intimate on social media. The idea of pouring my heart out next to a video of a dancing kitten -- well, it's a queasy combination.

The idea that one is obligated to express condolences or whatnot on the internet kind of takes the sincerity out of it. "I'm doing this because what will people think if I don't?" rather than "I feel genuinely moved to post this."

He needs to get a life.
Maybe he has one, and Twitter doesn't play a large part in it.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
I'm not really comfortable saying anything personal or intimate on social media. The idea of pouring my heart out next to a video of a dancing kitten -- well, it's a queasy combination.

The idea that one is obligated to express condolences or whatnot on the internet kind of takes the sincerity out of it. "I'm doing this because what will people think if I don't?" rather than "I feel genuinely moved to post this."

Maybe he has one, and Twitter doesn't play a large part in it.
Maybe you're right, but shame on him for at least not saying something about Ken Kercheval. :(

Last edited:

Barbara Fan

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I do find it strange that he hasnt made comment as he was quick on the band wagon with Larry, Barbara etc and was quick to plug TNT etc
Have to be honest Im not a fan of Twitter at all but have an account and dip in and out to see whats what and he has posted stuff after Kens death.

Via The Void

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Patrick Duffy thinks he was more important than Cliff Barnes.

Because he wasn't. :)

southfork88

Telly Talk Addict
Reaction score

Josh Henderson
25 aprile alle ore 05:10 ·
Lost another great one that I had the honor of working with. Ken Kercheval was a legend from the Original Dallas and luckily for us he Returned to the new Dallas. Twas an honor Ken. RIP my friend. Hope you and Larry Hagman are having a drink and a laugh smiling down us!