• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Ken Kercheval Has Died - Now Confirmed 21/04/19

Garry

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sad to report the death of Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes on #Dallas) He was 83. Ken passed away around 8.30pm April 21 in his native Clinton, Indiana. He had returned to his native hometown in his retirement and had been living with round the clock carers after suffering a long illness. Many thanks to the Daily Clintonian newspaper.. R.I.P.

Last edited:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
:eck::eck:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Oh, the stories.... During the 1984 Presidential campaign, Walter Mondale referred to Vice President George H W Bush as "the Cliff Barnes of American politics" while Christina Crawford bemoaned how hard her drunken mother, Joan, slapped Ken during a broadcast of SECRET STORM in 1968...

JR Ewing Fan

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I don't even remember. It's had to have been over a decade though.
Just so very sad. The guy was the perfect Cliff Barnes. Gave so much to the show. Just heartbreaking.:(

pete lashmar

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This news is so sad. Ken was a brilliant character actor and played Cliff so damn perfectly. I am genuinely so upset with this news, he was one of my absolute favourites of Dallas. May he rest in peace - so so sad xxx

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Looks like this was a celerity Death Hoax, according to his son anyway!!

https://en.mediamass.net/people/ken-kercheval/deathhoax.html

News of actor Ken Kercheval’s death spread quickly earlier this week causing concern among fans across the world. However the April 2019 report has now been confirmed as a complete hoax and just the latest in a string of fake celebrity death reports. Thankfully, the actor best known for his role on the television series Dallas is alive and well.

Ken Kercheval death hoax spreads on Facebook

Rumors of the actor’s alleged demise gained traction on Sunday after a ‘R.I.P. Ken Kercheval’ Facebook page attracted nearly one million of ‘likes’. Those who read the ‘About’ page were given a believable account of the American actor’s passing:

At about 11 a.m. ET on Sunday (April 21, 2019), our beloved actor Ken Kercheval passed away. Ken Kercheval was born on July 15, 1935 in Wolcottville. He will be missed but not forgotten. Please show your sympathy and condolences by commenting on and liking this page.
Hundreds of fans immediately started writing their messages of condolence on the Facebook page, expressing their sadness that the talented 83-year-old actor was dead. And as usual, Twittersphere was frenzied over the death hoax.

Where as some trusting fans believed the post, others were immediately skeptical of the report, perhaps learning their lesson from the huge amount of fake death reports emerging about celebrities over recent months. Some pointed out that the news had not been carried on any major American network, indicating that it was a fake report, as the death of an actor of Ken Kercheval's stature would be major news across networks.

A recent poll conducted for the Celebrity Post shows that a large majority (85%) of respondents think those Ken Kercheval death rumors are not funny anymore.

Ken Kercheval Death Hoax Dismissed Since Actor Is ‘Alive And Well’

On Monday (April 22) the actor's reps officially confirmed that Ken Kercheval is not dead. “He joins the long list of celebrities who have been victimized by this hoax. He's still alive and well, stop believing what you see on the Internet,” they said.

Some fans have expressed anger at the fake report saying it was reckless, distressing and hurtful to fans of the much loved actor. Others say this shows his extreme popularity across the globe.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Well, Bobby, Gary, JR, Val and (maybe) Jock all got to come back from the dead. So it's nice Cliff finally gets a turn.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Sad to report the death of Ken Kercheval (Cliff Barnes on #Dallas) He was 83. Ken passed away around 8.30pm April 21 in his native Clinton, Indiana. He had returned to his native hometown in his retirement and had been living with round the clock carers after suffering a long illness. Many thanks to the Daily Clintonian newspaper.. R.I.P.
Can we please have the thread title updated please. It's called Click Bait for a reason. It's reasons like this I keep well away from sites like Facebook, Twitter and others. I will source my news from reputable means. I expect a little better from Soapchat :mad:

Belated Edit; Thank you :)

Last edited: