• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Well, yes, though the Pilot was first aired on December 27, 1979, technically this year "Knots Landing" will celebrate its 40th anniversary. And if we remember that it "officially" was spun-off from "Dallas" one week before with the episode "Return Engagement", and also that (David Ackroyd´s) Gary and Val were already seen on "Dallas" since its sixth episode from 1978, then what the heck, let´s gonna celebrate!!!

:danc::danc::danc: :ny6::giddy::dd::dd::dd:

I will alternate my usual "Dallas" tribute videos with new "Knots Landing" ones, beginning with this. It´s Part 4 of my compilation of the finest scores of the show. So after the scores from the Pilot, "Cement the Relationship", and the key episodes of Laura´s death, here is one dedicated to the soundtracks of all the cliffhangers ("Cement" is only represented by its final cue). I´ve added a lot of KL pics to reminisce about the show, its characters, actors, and the scenes we saw when we listen to the themes. I hope you like it.

As I say in the video, since we have no special release of the scores so far, this is a little gift from moi to you if you love everything Knots.

I´d also like to invite our very creative video makers to post in this thread any Knots video they have made, or any tribute they want to make to celebrate its 40th anniversary this year.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Immel's Season Four finale and Ron Grant's Season Six finale have both long been big time favourites of mine. Listening to the music in isolation I realise that the Season Three cliffhanger score is way better than I've given it credit for.

Wonderful video, Toni. It makes me hunger for a remastered, super dooper deluxe Knots soundtrack CD.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I´d be very pleased to upload complete suites of specific episodes by request, so give it a thought and post the titles of your favorite scores. I´ll do my best like always...;)

K

Karin Schill

I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you are continuing the 40th Anniversary videos with Knots Landing this year @Toni
I hadn't expected that but I think it's a brilliant idea. The show definitely deserves it and I'll look forward to see what else you come up with as the year progresses. :)

I have made a bunch of Knots Landing fan music videos ages ago, most which are on my Youtube channel. This is the most recent one:

I also got several new fan music videos in the works. Not really to celebrate the 40th Anniversary but simply because I've just completed a rewatch of Knots Landing and whenever I rewatch one of my favorite shows I get inspired to make new videos. ;)
One thing that I find challenging however is that only the first two seasons are on DVD so the quality of the videos are a bit uneven. Also when I made the first videos they were in VCD quality and now I only make fan videos in DVD quality so making new Knots videos also means re-capturing the clips, which takes a lot of time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I'm pleasantly surprised to see that you are continuing the 40th Anniversary videos with Knots Landing this year @Toni
I hadn't expected that but I think it's a brilliant idea. The show definitely deserves it and I'll look forward to see what else you come up with as the year progresses. :)

I have made a bunch of Knots Landing fan videos ages ago, most which are on my Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLgEE3NsEAExt3Ns7K6tYx1NOEeIVlqAL2

I also got several new fan music videos in the works. Not really to celebrate the 40th Anniversary but simply because I've just completed a rewatch of Knots Landing and whenever I rewatch one of my favorite shows I get inspired to make new videos. ;)
One thing that I find challenging however is that only the first two seasons are on DVD so the quality of the videos are a bit uneven. Also when I made the first videos they were in VCD quality and now I only make fan videos in DVD quality so making new Knots videos also means re-capturing the clips, which takes a lot of time.

Thanks a lot for your kind words Karin!! I know what you are talking about re the clips quality. This will happen to me with Knots and also with Falcon Crest. I´m working on a new video series of Top Ten soap-related lists (like those I did for the silent scenes, see below in my signature, and for the best quotes), and the contrast between the Dallas and Dynasty clips with the clips from the other soaps (including FC, KL, The Colbys and Flamingo Road) will be an inconvenient. But well, I think it´s gonna be a fun work anyway...Oh and thanks again for putting the link to your YT channel (I expected you to do that, they deserve to be watched over and over...). My big encouragement to you and the other creative people in this forum!