LV

Reaction score
Awards

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yea this should definitely be fun! Listening to episode 2 right now that make some valid points about Laura, Annie and Lucy.

valkaren

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I listened to the first one. I loved their observations around Annie and Lucy, and how they couldn't avoid the Dallas connections in the script because it actually helps define Val and explain why she feels connected so much to Annie.

That's how Knots should always link to Dallas, through helping us understand the characters backstory and motivations. How Knots shouldn't link to Dallas is basically, Episode 2.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I listened to the first one. I loved their observations around Annie and Lucy, and how they couldn't avoid the Dallas connections in the script because it actually helps define Val and explain why she feels connected so much to Annie.

That's how Knots should always link to Dallas, through helping us understand the characters backstory and motivations. How Knots shouldn't link to Dallas is basically, Episode 2.

I agree with all this. Val and the show as a hold could’ve benefited from keeping Annie the rest of the season.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've listened to both episodes now. I enjoyed them as it's always a pleasure to hear people discuss one of my favorite shows.

I agree that their comments about Annie really got me thinking about the character and what she could have contributed to the show in an ongoing basis.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
They uploaded episode’s 3/4. One of them don’t like lilimae she’s one of my favorites :eek::mad::censer:
3:The lie/will the circle be unbroken
4:home is for healing/land of the free/civil wives

Last edited:

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've listened to both episodes now. I enjoyed them as it's always a pleasure to hear people discuss one of my favorite shows.

I agree that their comments about Annie really got me thinking about the character and what she could have contributed to the show in an ongoing basis.
Yes, definitely a missed opportunity byTPTB.

Last edited:

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed their analysis of The Lie. It made me want to watch the episode again. I've only listened to a little bit of their discussion of Will the Circle Be Unbroken. I'll finish tomorrow. I'm glad they are doing two and sometimes three episodes at a time. I didn't want to have to wait 344 weeks for them to get through all the episodes.

Listening to them discuss the early episodes is reminding me how much I enjoyed the narrow focus of life on the cul de sac in the first couple of seasons.

cijimccashin

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed the life on the cul de sac too. but I would be lying if I didn’t say I was hoping and wishing for the more soapier seasons.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I enjoyed the life on the cul de sac too. but I would be lying if I didn’t say I was hoping and wishing for the more soapier seasons.

If I had to choose I'd want to watch the middle seasons from about 4-10. But, those first couple of seasons have a quaint, suburban, early 80's time capsule feel to them that I find enjoyable in a nostalgic kind of way.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
It made me laugh that they hated Land of the Free so much that they refused to spend more than five minutes talking about it. :D

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just found it on Apple podcasts so I’ll give it a whirl. If they like Ginger, that’s a good sign.

Jason73

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I don't find their analysis terribly intellectual - which is fine since I'm not terribly intellectual. Their discussions are more based on their visceral/emotional reactions. I'm ok with that. It just means sometimes they have very different reactions to mine regarding some episodes I really like. Sometimes I don't think they appreciate the complexity of the characters like they should - but that's what makes it interesting to listen to. Mostly it's just fun to listen to some people sit around discussing my favorite TV show.

I was quite surprised by how much they disliked Courageous Convictions. I always enjoyed that episode.

I do have to mention that I'm tired of the running Susan Philby (Filby?) gag. It's not really that funny anymore.

James from London

International Treasure
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I guess because I already have a stupid amount of podcasts on the go that I’m looking for something a bit different, with a fresh perspective. (If you’d said they’d done five hours rather than five minutes on Land of the Free, I’d be really interested!) The Dallas and Dynasty podcasts are fine, but it’s a little like listening to an audio version of the forums here so for me personally they just felt a bit redundant.