• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas Character Lamest Dallas Character Ever

Lamest Dallas Character Ever?

• James Beaumont

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Peter Richards

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Leslie Stewart

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Lee Ann de la Vega

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • April Stevens

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Jenna Wade (Presley version)

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Don Lockwood

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Laurel Ellis

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Matt Cantrell

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Clint Ogden

Votes: 5 18.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Last edited:

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Of those listed, definitely James Beaumont, although certainly scope for others to be added the list - the detestable Angelica Nero and woeful Rose McKay spring to mind immediately. Leslie Stewart was awful but nowhere near as bad as James Beaumont.

Swami

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
I almost voted for "Leslie Stewart", but that was more against the actress than the part, tho' the part was still lame.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
James. James Beaumont. 00 borefest. Licence to Bore. :D

Oh and his Ma. Jesus.

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Question: Does anyone like the combination of actress/character of Leslie Stewart? I just find the actress/character cheesy...not sure if it's the actress and/or character.

I remember really disliking actress/character Patricia (Swellen's mom). Then I saw her in a moving part in an hour-long series drama (don't remember which one) from I guess the 80's. I watched because of curiosity about the actress, from only knowing her as Swellen's mom. And she was excellent, touching and believable.

So, is it at times difficult to separate the person from the role? I would say not if you're familiar with the person's work and abilities. For a one-off on an unknown actor/actress, I think it's more difficult.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Laurel Ellis, ugh! Just ghastly.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The episodes with Lee Ann de la Vega were the absolute nadir of Lorimar Dallas, so her.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Jory. Pointless, boring and completely removed from Dallas.
Liz Adams. So forgettable I had to look up the character's name and plot on Wikipedia just now. I remember she's in the opening credits though. What used to be reserved for main cast members didn't seem so important then.

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Question: Does anyone like the combination of actress/character of Leslie Stewart? I just find the actress/character cheesy...not sure if it's the actress and/or character.

I remember really disliking actress/character Patricia (Swellen's mom). Then I saw her in a moving part in an hour-long series drama (don't remember which one) from I guess the 80's. I watched because of curiosity about the actress, from only knowing her as Swellen's mom. And she was excellent, touching and believable.

So, is it at times difficult to separate the person from the role? I would say not if you're familiar with the person's work and abilities. For a one-off on an unknown actor/actress, I think it's more difficult.

Leslie Stewart was atrocious, and I didn't care much for the actress' portrayal of either.

It was such a stark contrast to not just the main cast, but so many of the great supporting cast members (Punk Anderson, Harry McSween etc).

Regarding the opening credits, yes it did a great disservice to the original cast members to have awful additions to the cast (Sasha Mitchell, Kimberley Foster) introduced. An insult to those who had gone before.

Swami

Victoriafan3

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Gosh there were so many lame characters here, even using all three votes, I didn’t even get to votes for Jenna. Charlie is missing from this list? Leslie Stewart, ugh. She came from a town named Boresville.

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Leslie Stewart, ugh. She came from a town named Boresville.

I kept thinking, with all the other women JR could and did have, why did he want that awful white haired woman so badly? On a sex appeal rating of 0 to 1o, I'd say Leslie Stewart comes in at somewhere between 0 and 1.

southfork88

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In my opinion, all these characters were perfect, but some actors played really badly :confused:

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
all these characters were perfect, but some actors played really badly :confused:

Even Peter Richards in the storyline of his affair with Sue Ellen? I found seeing a woman of that age with a kid Peter's age somewhat perverse. I really don't know what they were thinking. I don't know who they thought that would appeal to. It wouldn't have been quite so perverse looking if the actor had at least looked a little older. Still, Peter thinking that Sue Ellen would leave JR and marry Peter, move into that tiny little apartment with him and start a family with him showed how far gone Peter was - completely delusional.

I laughed when JR was talking to Sue Ellen about having Peter come to Southfork several times a week because "John Ross doesn't have anyone his age here to play with." That was great.

Last edited:

Swami

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Another awful character (and actor as well) - and unsurprisingly in the last seasons - was Johnny Dancer. Truly dire.

Swami

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I found seeing a woman of that age with a kid Peter's age somewhat perverse. I really don't know what they were thinking. I don't know who they thought that would appeal to. It wouldn't have been quite so perverse looking if the actor had at least looked a little older.[/QUOTE]

To me this was the main problem with the story. Peter looked and acted as of he were 22 going on 12. Linda Gray did some very nice work here, conveying varying facets of SueEllen's personality: narcissisistic, compassionate, sexual, and maternal, but Peter, without a trace of stubble on his chin, was too distracting. Also, the way they dressed him! Those super short shorts and the bare midriff must have been what they thought would attract junior high school girls to the show. Whenever I saw him dressed that way, I though, "Wow, Heather Locklear is a hard worker! She's on THREE prime time shows at once!"
P.S. No offense to the actor who played Peter. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Billy Wall

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No Mitch? I can certainly understand a man wanting to make it on his own, but this guy REALLY took that to heart. Lol

Last edited: