Last TV show you watched?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
- I have just binge-watched "The Little Drummer Girl", a great adaptation of John Le Carré´s spy novel which features a miscast female lead in Florence Pugh. The rest of the cast and direction is flawless.

- More "The Crown", "The New Pope", and "The Man in the High Castle".

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
More "The Crown" Season 3 (so far so good, aside from Helena Franken-Carter...). In one of the episodes they even make a nod to her ex Tim Burton ("nightmare in Christmas", she says no less).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
More "Homeland" Season 8 (here comes Mr. Claire Danes with a funny accent!!).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I finally finished "Homeland", and I loved the season. The end was good but not great. The actors were sublime, even that Angelica Nero wannabe, but Hugh Dancy was terrible here (including his hairdo and beard!).

And he couldn´t even smile like that...!​

Also, more "The Crown" Season 3 and "The New Pope"...

Last edited:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I finally finished "Homeland", and I love the season. The end was good but not great. The actors were sublime, even that Angelica Nero wannabe, but Hugh Dancy was terrible here (including his hairdo and beard!).

Also, more "The Crown" Season 3 and "The New Pope"...

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Finished "The New Pope", probably the best second season a "limited series" has ever had, and also slightly better than the very fresh, groundbreaking first season (aka "The Young Pope"). The acting by all is first-rate, and John Malkovich hasn't been that good in decades. Oh and how grey hair becomes Jude... Only but: the unnecessary subplot of the freak boy and his mother.

One of the most exciting (literally) scenes of the show...
PS: There is a very interesting piece of dialogue between the Pope Pius XIII (Jude Law) and a nun:

P: What´s your name?
N: Pamela.
P: Sounds like out of a TV show...
:rolling:rotf:bah:

Last edited:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
One of the most exciting (literally) scenes of the show...
Thanks for the warning. They all look great and I think that's great, but this slow-motion videoclip style is so overused in modern TV series, it's the main reason why I stopped watching Peaky Blinders.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the warning. They all look great and I think that's great, but this slow-motion videoclip style is so overused in modern TV series, it's the main reason why I stopped watching Peaky Blinders.

I can also tell you that Jude shows "a little more" of himself in another scene... if you know what I mean.

:l:

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watch the final 3 episodes of the Rupaul's tv-series "AJ & The Queen", I hope there will be a season 2 it was a fun show to watch.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I finished the last season of "The Deuce", which I liked much more I thought I would at first. It sort of wraps everything up with a big (black) ribbon and a touch of the "Desperate Housewives" Finale (if you know what I mean). At last the gay subplot was meaningful and had enough screen time (a bit too late though), and the whole cast was quite impressive (including newcomer Corey Stoll), especially Maggie Gyllenhaal. The climax of this season probably was Franco kissing himself in the mouth (he plays twins and the FX are amazing):

upload_2020-8-5_22-3-39.jpeg

...And I don´t mean this kiss!!​

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Keeping up Appearances was on telly. With the 4th sister Violet and her legendary husband Bruce.

Payton Cross

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I just watched the last final season of "Vis a Vis El Oasis", so sad that this series ended so soon, i'm really gonne mis this show. :(:(:(

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
More "Man in the High Castle" Season 4.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Medic (w/Richard Boone)

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Decoy (1957) starring Beverly Garland
Historically significant as the first police series with a woman in lead role. The title is a bit misleading; her assignments are usually more undercover than designed to lure potential attackers.
I had only known Beverly Garland as Fred MacMurray's second wife in My Three Sons when she suddenly started turning up in the 80s and 90s as the mother of Laura Holt on Remington Steele, Amanda King on Scarecrow and Mrs. King and Lois Lane on Lois & Clark. Now I realise that in a way she really was the mother of all those characters.
The series is also notable for early roles by some actors who would go on to be much better known - like Suzanne Pleshette, Peter Falk, Frank Sutton (Gomer Pyle), Madeleine Sherwood (The Flying Nun) and Martin Brooks (without the E). Oh, and there was some young guy with a receding hairline named Larry Hagman - I wonder whatever became of him.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Have Gun, Will Travel