Tommy (2020 starring Edie Falco as the first Chief of Police in Los Angeles.
It was interesting to watch this concurrently with 1957's Decoy.
Obviously, there's been a lot of progress since the days of the surprised reaction of: "A lady cop?" but in other ways the misogyny was still a battle to be fought. And she still only got one season. "The more things change the more they stay the same."
THE END of "The Practice"...aka the Pilot episodes of "Boston Legal" (which seems to be more "Ally McBeal" than I thought). Comebacks! B¡tchslapping! No loose threads (aside from the fact that everybody forgot that Lara Flynn Boyle was there)! Great guest stars all the season (Sharon Stone! Viola Davis! Chris O´Donnell! Teenage Elisabeth Moss (who already was everywhere even then!) Jill Clayburgh! Betty White as an uber-b¡tch!)Too bad that Rebecca De Mornay didn´t joy BL after her stint on TP...
Now I don´t know if I should go on to BL or rewatch "LA Law" instead. I´ll probably decide for the latter.
- More "The Good Fight" Season 4.
- More "Hollywood" (ugh).
- I took the "L.A. Law" route finally. I forgot how great the guest stars were: episode 3 features none other than JUDY Landers, the sister of our very dear Afton Cooper, and believe me, she even sings in her only scene starring in a sort of pseudo-porn videoclip... I missed "Steal Me Away"...
Do not click here if you are under 18 or gay!
- I bingewatched season 6 of "Grace & Frankie" in one day. Probably one of its better years, consistently written, graciously (never better said) acted, even expertly directed and edited. The best, maybe the two dolls of the ladies...
Would Ernestine like "G & F"?
- More "L.A. Law".
- More "Billions" Season 5.
- I also watched "Altered Carbon" Season 2 premiere. Not sure if I´ll miss Joel Kinnaman here, because the way of "re-casting" is so natural and organic here. Not a spoiler, it´s been widely reported. Awesome photography and impressive first scene, almost a cyber version of the beginning of "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
"Away" Series Premiere, wishing and hoping that this time Hilary Swank will be luckier with a series. Even though it reminds me too much of Halle Berry´s "Extant", at least at first sight. Voilà a spoiler-less teaser:
Also watched more "I Dream of Jeannie" (OMG, Paul Lynde!! ) and more "Billions".
- "Mrs. America" (very promising, Blanchett is so good!)
- "Ratched" (much better than I imagined; actually the Pilot is full of references to Hitchcock (they steal a lot of music themes from his movies) and Almodóvar)
- "Pennyworth" (a "Gotham" wannabe, I hope it gets better though)
- "Perry Mason" (good actors here, very atmospheric throughout)