Last TV show you watched?

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
- More episodes of season 5 of "Billions", and season 1 of "Raised by Wolves" and "Ratchet".

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Streets of San Francisco

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Catching up on season 17 of Family Guy and rewatching Frasier (currently season 5).

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
- More "Ratched".
- More season 2 of "I Dream of Jeannie". Best quote of the show so far: JR to Lee Ann Tony to Jeannie: "I don´t like extortion" (!!!). It belongs to episode "What's New, Poodle Dog?", a very funny one.

:floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor::floor:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The Power Game
The Plane Makers
I've seen the DVD boxsets on amazon but figured it would be a little dry & stuffy. Not that The Brothers didn't have that British office pomposity, but it was usually very funny. Somehow I don't think I'll get that from these B&W series.
Interesting that they changed the intro theme for The Power Game series 2, and then back to the original theme in series 3. I really like that bossa nova remix!

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've seen the DVD boxsets on amazon but figured it would be a little dry & stuffy. Not that The Brothers didn't have that British office pomposity, but it was usually very funny. Somehow I don't think I'll get that from these B&W series.
Interesting that they changed the intro theme for The Power Game series 2, and then back to the original theme in series 3. I really like that bossa nova remix!

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ace of Wands. Starring Michael Mackenzie as Tarot. Seen here with his co-star, Fred Owl, who was playing Ozymandias. For series three, Fred Owl was replaced as Ozymandias by a different Fred Owl. Michael Mackenzie used to take Fred Owl Mk 1 down the pub. Sid James saw Tony Selby with Fred Owl and joked that Tony Selby was Johnny Morris. Fred, who was exceptionally well behaved on set and never flew away during outdoor publicity shoots, also used to enjoy spending time with Judy Loe and in the producer’s office between scenes. Reportedly, the only time Fred Mk 1 threw a tantrum was when they had a large snake in the studio and wouldn’t fly down to the set until it had gone away and the lights had been switched off. Of course, I used to wonder how Fred Owl used to climb into costume. I couldn’t see the join.
843AFD88-D08A-4DB7-84ED-C012A0A9823D.jpeg
69D0AE84-9920-4E45-94F6-5F2523AF8F38.jpeg
960B68FD-AD48-42BC-84DC-40D652A9DBAB.jpeg

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I've seen the DVD boxsets on amazon but figured it would be a little dry & stuffy.

Network releases. At the moment, in the UK, the DVDs are cheaper from Network (networkonair) than Amazon. Amazon is charging almost double the price for The Plane Makers.

About the theme tune change, it is explained in the below link that the change from the Wayne Hill version was to the commercially available Cyril Stapleton cover version and turned the cover version into a big success.

Proof of ownership:

A6634EB2-00E4-4227-AF63-99B87351535B.jpeg

Last edited:

Ukdallasfan

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Just finished Ratched on my rainy day off work. Wide open for another series. Uber violent but stylishly done and well acted :)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
- More "Altered Carbon" season 2.
- More "Billions" season 5.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’m not one to limit my enjoyment on a preconceived notion. Patrick Wymark is always a delight to watch. There is also adultery and crooked deals. In the last episode I watched, he wanted to know if his wife was seeing someone whose flat had bound copies of Playboy and mirrors.

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why does it show two attachments instead of one image?

Btw. J .R.'s Piece, do you have all Doctor Who DVDs? Is that the complete series?
Funny press? I usually select the full image choice thingy, rather than thumbnail, so I can place the image where I deem it inappropriate. Sometimes, when editing, I have managed to get two. If I notice, I re-edit, delete images and do the image upload again. If it isn’t another fault.

Oh, Kenneth Haigh? I was watching him in Strange Report, which stars Anthony Quayle, Kas Garas and Anneke Wills. Anneke Wills used to be in Doctor Who. We’ve met sometimes.

Yes. I have all transmitted Doctor Who stories. Mostly DVD but also blu-ray. Plus CDs. There are about 97 missing episodes (single episodes of multi-part serials) from 1964-69. All survive as soundtracks only and I have all of those. The missing stories have all been released on CD, with a little narration by cast members over dialogue-free bits. Some missing stories and partly incomplete stories have been released on DVD and blu-ray with animation. Fully missing stories like. The Power of the Daleks (6 episodes), The Macra Terror (4 episodes) and Fury From The Deep (6 episodes) have been fully animated in black and white and colour. Some stories like The Invasion (8 episodes with parts 1 and 4 missing) have had their missing episodes animated. Whereas The Faceless Ones has episodes 1 and 3 (of 6 episodes) on the release but has episodes 1-6 animated in colour and also separately completely in black and white. It was announced recently that The Abominable Snowmen (6 episodes, 5 of which are missing) and The Evil of the Daleks (7 episodes, 6 episodes missing) are the next stories to be animated.

Although Doctor Who appears in varying mediums. They have also done short tv screened stories that fit into the narrative exclusively for Children in Need (on the box sets). And filmed short scenes, teasers or adventures for online stuff that is also directly connected to the transmitted episodes. They are on the box sets. And animated adventures. But I have all of those. And also they do official full cast audio dramas and radio plays. So I do have all transmitted Doctor Who tv stories in either DVD or blu-ray form and sometimes in both. But I have all transmitted stories in visual or audio form, from William Hartnell to Jodie Whittaker.

I’ve been watching Warren Fox in Hollyoaks. Catching up with the old friends who helped him to grow up damaged. Warren sure got a socially distanced kick out of that meeting. And then he went home and got his little daughter a giant teddy bear.

Last edited:

J. R.'s Piece

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why does it show two attachments instead of one image?

Btw. J .R.'s Piece, do you have all Doctor Who DVDs? Is that the complete series?
5F8F330E-2D86-4A99-B9CF-D49430FCC484.jpeg

82FBFF91-33A5-4CB5-B76C-1A195CAB9C58.jpeg

Actually the image and attachment thingies seem to have changed. As I found when testing pictures of these randomly selected DVDs, blu-rays and CDs. I have the televised Doctor Who spin-off series too.

Last edited: