Locations

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
In # 6.25 (DVD count) / 5.25 (original count), the hallway in Pamela's hotel was filmed in the former Ambassador Hotel at 3400 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90010. The hotel was demolished in 2006. A school resembling the shape of the old hotel was built in its place.

Dallas-DE6.25-34.52.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
In # 6.27 (DVD count) / 5.27 (original count), the hospital interiors with the gray tiles on the floor were filmed at the I.C.U. 2 in the Brick Building of what used to be the Pacoima Hospital (nowadays Phoenix House of Los Angeles) at 11600 Eldridge Avenue, Lake View Terrace, CA 91342.
The Brick Building was one of various structures on the site at the time. It was severely damaged in the 19934 Northridge earthquake and remained vacant for over two decades until it was finally demolished in 2018. The Concrete Building (a newer structure on the site) is still standing though.

I think these interiors were used previously on "Dallas". I can't remember, however, if that happened during Ellie's mastectomy storyline or when Jock had the heart attack.

Dallas-DE6.27.JPG

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
The motel -- also featured in # 6.22 (DVD count) / 5.22 (original count) -- is what used to be the Tolucan Motel back in the day. The address is 3910 West Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91505. The old structure was rebuilt in 1990; it is now the Best Western Media Center:
View attachment 21396[/QUOTE]
This motel is also where Donna found Ray and Bonnie in 5.18.

Great finds today, @TJP! Love how you are able to share information on the interiors. Those are the hardest!

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Sorry for my typo in post # 922. I didn't find any possibility to edit my post, but it must read "1994 Northridge earthquake" (not "19934").

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Ray's trial in # 7.07 (DVD count) / 6.07 (original count) was filmed at Alhambra Municipal Courts, 150 West Commonwealth Avenue, Alhambra, CA 91801 (exteriors, hallways and courtroom in particular):

Dallas-DE7.07-35.26.JPG

Dallas-DE7.07-36.18.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Lorimar filmed parts of the few final episodes of season 6 (DVD count) / 5 (original count) in Dallas contrary to their usual production habits?

They would normally shoot many parts of the first twelve episodes of each regular season (not the mini-series, of course) in Dallas while the remainder of each season was usually entirely filmed in the Greater L.A. area.

In season 6 (DVD) / 5 (original), there is the scene when Sue Ellen walks towards Holly Harwood's house just before she discovers Holly and J.R. in bed together. The exteriors of Holly's house was a Dallas location (compare post # 252 in this thread). Is it creative and illusionary editing that we get the idea Sue Ellen is in front of Holly's house, or was the scene actually filmed there?
Also, Sue Ellen's car crash that sealed Mickey's fate towards the end of that very season seems to have been filmed on the street right outside the Southfork Ranch gate.
Did they return to Dallas for filming a few scenes late in the season as an exception to their usual production process, or did they film these segments in advance, which would surprise me because in most cases the bible (although devised for the whole season) is usually altered a lot while filming progresses. The later it is in the season, the bigger the differences become between the original plotlines in the bible and the final shooting scripts. Does anyone know? Or does anyone have the shooting schedules and / or call sheets for those episodes by any chance?

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.12 (DVD count) / 6.12 (original count): The exterior shot of The Great Contender is stock footage of the Hideaway, 12122 Kagel Canyon Road, Sylmar, CA 91342. The illuminated sign is a prop. The interiors (scene with Cliff and Sly) were filmed elsewhere.

Dallas-DE7.12-11.47.JPG

GillesDenver

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Lorimar filmed parts of the few final episodes of season 6 (DVD count) / 5 (original count) in Dallas contrary to their usual production habits?

They would normally shoot many parts of the first twelve episodes of each regular season (not the mini-series, of course) in Dallas while the remainder of each season was usually entirely filmed in the Greater L.A. area.

In season 6 (DVD) / 5 (original), there is the scene when Sue Ellen walks towards Holly Harwood's house just before she discovers Holly and J.R. in bed together. The exteriors of Holly's house was a Dallas location (compare post # 252 in this thread). Is it creative and illusionary editing that we get the idea Sue Ellen is in front of Holly's house, or was the scene actually filmed there?
Also, Sue Ellen's car crash that sealed Mickey's fate towards the end of that very season seems to have been filmed on the street right outside the Southfork Ranch gate.
Did they return to Dallas for filming a few scenes late in the season as an exception to their usual production process, or did they film these segments in advance, which would surprise me because in most cases the bible (although devised for the whole season) is usually altered a lot while filming progresses. The later it is in the season, the bigger the differences become between the original plotlines in the bible and the final shooting scripts. Does anyone know? Or does anyone have the shooting schedules and / or call sheets for those episodes by any chance?
I believe they went back to Texas. They certainly did it for filming the scene in which Katherine "killed" Bobby in front of Pamela's house since the house was located in Texas.

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.16 (DVD count) / 6.16 (original count): The exterior shot of the cocktail bar where Cliff and Sly meet is from what is nowadays called Prime Time Pub at 5556 Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90038. I think the establishing shot is stock footage from a film library. I don't know where the interiors were shot.

Dallas-DE7.16-25.36.JPG

Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.17 (DVD count) / 6.17 (original count): The highrise in the scene with Katherine and in the later scene this episode with Sue Ellen and Clayton is the Wilshire Federal Building at 11000 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90024:

Dallas-DE7.17-04.33.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.18 (DVD count) / 6.18 (original count): The hotel corridor in the scene with Donna and Ray was filmed at the former Ambassador Hotel again (3400 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90010); see post # 921 above for details:

Dallas-DE7.18-34.06.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.19 (DVD count) / 6.19 (original count):

The riding grounds (scene with Charlie, Bobby and Ray) are actually the Los Angeles Equestrian Center at 480 Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91506. The prop department did not even bother to cover the logo:
Dallas-DE7.19-18.58.JPG

I am not sure where exactly the filming location of Jenna's store was located. But it was definitely in Brentwood, CA, as we can conclude from the red sign across which is mirrored in the window right before Sue Ellen's accident. The sign reads "Brentwood Town & Country", but I didn't find any clues where this company was located, and it is obviously no longer in business.
Dallas-DE7.19-37.56.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.23 (DVD count) / 6.23 (original count):

Wentworth Industries - Executive Offices in Houston Texas: The glass curtain highrise is nowadays occupied by the City National Bank. It is located at 6033 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045:
Dallas-DE7.23-27.16.JPG

The stables at Southfork in the scene with Bobby, Ray and Christopher are portrayed by the Historic Stable at Will Rogers State Historic Park in this episode. You can see the circular training room in the background, which is actually the center of the stable and from which both wings go off to either side of the structure. The address of Will Rogers is 1501 Will Rogers State Park Road, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272:
Dallas-DE7.23-38.19.JPG

Bill B.

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
# 7.19 (DVD count) / 6.19 (original count):

The riding grounds (scene with Charlie, Bobby and Ray) are actually the Los Angeles Equestrian Center at 480 Riverside Drive, Burbank, CA 91506. The prop department did not even bother to cover the logo:
View attachment 21414

I am not sure where exactly the filming location of Jenna's store was located. But it was definitely in Brentwood, CA, as we can conclude from the red sign across which is mirrored in the window right before Sue Ellen's accident. The sign reads "Brentwood Town & Country", but I didn't find any clues where this company was located, and it is obviously no longer in business.
View attachment 21415
I see a tall building in the reflection.Would this be the tall building and the sign seen in the glass window reflection at Jenna's store?...https://goo.gl/maps/RPAhZGgxoPiN8u42A ...Here is a google street view of that sign and building in a reflection from the "FRONTRUNNERS" shoe store window= .....https://goo.gl/maps/fVgepYxP1zHPduhW8 .....Location is "FRONTRUNNERS" Shoes-11620 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles,CA...[They have been in business since 1977.]....View of store- https://goo.gl/maps/wCUKTVAXYfPVcSYQ6 BTW-This area where the "FRONTRUNNERS" store is located is still considered part of Brentwood thus the "Brentwood Town & Country" on the sign seen in Jenna's store window.The building has been re-modeled but you can still see the old wood trim on top.I had a few minutes to kill so I figured I would take a quick look for this location for you!...[I usually search for first and second season locations only.]

Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
Reaction score
I see a tall building in the reflection.Would this be the tall building and the sign seen in the glass window reflection at Jenna's store?...https://goo.gl/maps/RPAhZGgxoPiN8u42A ...Here is a google street view of that sign and building in a reflection from the "FRONTRUNNERS" shoe store window= .....https://goo.gl/maps/fVgepYxP1zHPduhW8 .....Location is "FRONTRUNNERS" Shoes-11620 San Vicente Blvd. Los Angeles,CA...[They have been in business since 1977.]....View of store- https://goo.gl/maps/wCUKTVAXYfPVcSYQ6 BTW-This area where the "FRONTRUNNERS" store is located is still considered part of Brentwood thus the "Brentwood Town & Country" on the sign seen in Jenna's store window.The building has been re-modeled but you can still see the old wood trim on top.I had a few minutes to kill so I figured I would take a quick look for this location for you!...[I usually search for first and second season locations only.]
that’s exactly where I had it!

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Dream Maker
Reaction score
Last one....I know this location is probably impossible to find now.The building has more than likely been demolished.Episode "Black Market Baby"...[Season 2]…..The apartment where Sue Ellen meets the mother of her soon to be adopted baby.View attachment 21320 View attachment 21320
now I have the “inverse Sanford and Son” music from that scene in my head!

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Bill B. and johnmmil10 -- great to see you found Jenna's store!

Taylor Bennett Jr. -- is there a list of other locations used in "Black Market Baby"? For obvious budgetary reasons, location managers have a tendency to use various locations in the same neighborhood on the same shooting day. Maybe we can find the apartment house if we think from a producer's standpoint and look at the other sites they filmed for that episode?

By the way, has anyone compiled records of the locations discovered in this thread, maybe episode-wise like in an Excel file or something? I think that might support further research. Although I enjoyed watching "Dallas", it isn't my first priority, as you might know, but I've been cross-referencing many shows from the 1960's through the 1990's to fill in the gaps on falconcrest.org concerning missing locations and stumbled across so many familiar places so I'm happy to help out other forums and websites, which I've done over the last couple of years for various friends from other sites, including "Hart to Hart", "Scarecrow and Mrs. King", "The Dukes of Hazzard", "Knight Rider", etc. It's amazing how the location managers always use the same L.A. locations. I'm currently re-watching "Dallas" for cross-references of Lorimar props and picture cars for our "Beyond the Show" section on falconcrest.org so whenever I see a location I know, I'm happy to post it here.

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
# 7.27 (DVD count) / 6.27 (original count): The following scenes were filmed at the former Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles:

Pam and Mark's possible wedding reception venue was the Embassy Ballroom:
Dallas-DE7.27-04.36.JPG

The restaurant in the scene with Sue Ellen and Pamela was the Dolphin Court:
Dallas-DE7.27-20.51.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Charlie's school in # 8.12 (DVD count) / 7.12 (original count) is Parkhill Junior High School, 16500 Shadybank Drive, Dallas, TX 75248:

Dallas-DE8.12-33.26.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Active Member
Reaction score
Locations from # 8.15 (DVD count) / 7.15 (original count):

The courtroom for Jenna's arraignment was not a set at MGM Studios (Lorimar), but a standing interior set Lorimar rented at GMT Studios, 5751 Buckingham Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230. GMT had extensive courtroom / hallway / prison block sets they rented out to other companies. The same permanent courtroom set was also used on "Falcon Crest" (Tony's arraignment in # 151 <6.24>, not the trial itself in # 154 though) and -- probably best remembered -- on "Dynasty" in "The Testimony" and "Enter Alexis". The courtroom set was only redressed and slightly adapted in all those shows. GMT Studios is still in business and still has a courtroom set, but today's version looks entirely different.
Dallas-DE8.15-11.22.JPG

The establishing shot of the building where Donna and Ray are doing their research is the former highrise at 10250 Santa Monica Boulevard in Century City, CA 90067 (the western side of the corner of Santa Monica and Avenue of the Stars). This building was demolished in 2015 to make room for the current Westfield Mall. The highrise's façade was identical to its twin building across the street at 1840 Avenue of the Stars, which is known as the filming location of Colbyco on "Dynasty" and which still stands today:
PDVD_000.JPG