• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Locations

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Neither can I identify the police station ("Administration" can be read on the sign above the entrance) at 14:41 into the episode (time stamp refers to region 2 PAL DVDs).

I was looking forward to you sharing this one! I have never been able to find it!

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At 19:37, the place where April is kept is still unidentified also. Before the car arrives, we can see a store (?) named Offenthal at the corner in the background, but that name didn't help me find the correct place.

I have that building at 3 Rue de Tilsitt.

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have that building at 3 Rue de Tilsitt.

Perfect! That makes sense. Even the interiors seem to have been filmed there because when April looks out of the window you can see Place d'Étoile although they were careful enough to keep the Arc de Triomphe out of the camera angle.

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I was looking forward to you sharing this one! I have never been able to find it!

I'm not sure if it's a real police station. I assume the street number is the real one, but in the heart of Paris where they did most of the filming, there seems to be only the Préfécture de Police with street number 1 (located at 1 Rue de Lutèce), which is not an architectural match.
The sign "Administration" is only visible in parts in the scenes, unfortunately we can't see the first few words on the upper frame of the picture. Also, in the courtyard, there is a sign next to the door Bobby comes out, which says "Salle de Conference". The building might be part of some kind of authority or university. Also note that the street in front has no asphalt, but cobblestones.

By the way, I was also looking for April's burial scene. My first guess was it could have been one of the big cemeteries like Cimitière Montparnasse or Cimitière Père Lachaise, but I haven't found the distinct monument that establishes the scene yet.

Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I was also looking for April's burial scene. My first guess was it could have been one of the big cemeteries like Cimitière Montparnasse or Cimitière Père Lachaise, but I haven't found the distinct monument that establishes the scene yet.
Communal Cemetery Montreuil

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In # 14.06 (DVD count) / 13.06 (original count), the scene with Clayton and Carter was filmed at Boccaccio's / The Landing in Westlake Village again. Westlake Lake is visible in the segments filmed from the other direction.

Dallas-DE14.06-20.40.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.08 (DVD count) / 13.08 (original count):

The highway diner where Bobby and Michelle stop on their trip is a location used in hundreds of movies and TV shows: Rock Store, 30354 Mulholland Highway, Cornell, CA 91301:
Dallas-DE14.08-03.21.JPG

The establishing shot of Odessa, Texas is obviously stock footage from that town:
Dallas-DE14.08-09.46.JPG

The restaurant in Odessa, TX is actually located at 3820 Main Street in Culver City, CA. It has been remodeled since filming:
Dallas-DE14.08-09.55.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
One more location from # 14.08 (DVD) / 13.08 (original):

The exteriors of the hotel where Bobby and Harv meet LeeAnn are from the Registry Hotel (previously Sheraton Premiere, now Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City) again. The interiors were filmed elsewhere, probably at the same location as the later scene with J.R. and Vanessa (haven't found this location yet).
The establishing shot, by the way, is the "usual" one. All the establishing clips were apparently filmed the same day because the very same Bentley S-series saloon car is always parked in the exact same spot. The car is in a not too common color that Bentley called "Sand over Sable". I can't prove it, but since Lorimar owned a Sand over Sable Bentley (which was used as Angie's original picture car on "Falcon Crest's" predecessor, "The Vintage Years"), it is probably Lorimar's usual picture car. Unless we know on which of their shows this footage originated, it'll be hard to tell though. But they definitely used this by-product many times on "Dallas" to establish hotel scenes.

Dallas-DE14.08-32.53.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In # 14.09 (DVD count) / 13.09 (original count), the establishing shot of the courthouse is from Alhambra Municipal Courts again.

This time, the courtroom interiors are totally different. It's a apparently set again though, but I can't tell if it's a totally remodeled version of the "usual" GMT Studios courtroom. I know GMT Studios remodeled it in the 1990's, but have no idea if it was that early.

Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In # 14.10 (DVD count) / 13.10 (original count), the police station is the rear entrance of the Irving Thalberg Building, facing Culver Boulevard, at Sony Pictures Studios (previously Lorimar, previously MGM) again:

Dallas-DE14.10-07.14.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Any ideas where the restaurant interiors of the scene with Vanessa and LeeAnn in # 14.10 (DVD) / 13.10 (original) were shot? It seems like a real building, not a set, particularly if you look at the air condition outlets.

I'm pretty sure it's not a real restaurant though. My first impression was that it's the Producers Building (now called the Jimmy Stewart Building) at Sony / ex-Lorimar / ex-MGM, but I'm not entirely sure. The carpet somewhat triggered my memory, and I somehow subconsciously placed it there the moment I rewatched the scene, but I am not sure. I never took any pictures inside that building so I don't have anything to compare.

Thoughts?

Dallas-DE14.10-31.10.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.11 (DVD count) / 13.11 (original count):

The Midland Tennis Club where Bobby sees Paul Keats is King Gillette Ranch, 26800 West, Mulholland Highway, Calabasas, CA 91302, a popular filming site and wedding / event venue:
Dallas-DE14.11-16.58.JPG

Although I wasn't sure when I watched # 14.09 (DVD) / 13.09 (original), the courtroom where Carter McKay's trial took place is -- to almost 100 % -- the updated standing courtroom set at GMT Studios, 5751 Buckingham Parkway, Culver City, CA 90230. I do remember they updated the set in the 1990's, but just wasn't sure if it had been done that early. What confirms my theory is that the prison scenes in # 14.09 / 13.09 (see below) were definitely filmed at GMT so it's pretty obvious this courtroom was there too:
Dallas-DE14.11-22.55.JPG

The jail set where Carter is taken to is definitely the standing set at GMT Studios. It's a replica of the Alcatraz Cell Block C and was used in tons of productions, including as Fairlawn Penitentiary on "Falcon Crest" (where Julia was sent to in season 3):
Dallas-DE14.11-31.41.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.12 (DVD count) / 13.12 (original count):

The hotel in Caracas is the Castle Green Apartments, 99 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91101. It's stock footage. We already know this place from the Matt Cantrell storyline as the hotel in Los Gatos:
Dallas-DE14.12-02.33.JPG

Giving respect to my findings on the jail and courtroom set from the previous episode, I'm 99 % sure the judge's chambers are the standing court chambers set at GMT Studios in Culver City:
Dallas-DE14.12-12.52.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In # 14.13 (DVD count) / 13.13 (original count), Jory, Kit and Dana's place ("28124 South Beach Road, Malibu, CA 90265) is actually 28124 Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, CA 90265:

Dallas-DE14.13-16.44.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.15 (DVD count) / 13.15 (original count):

Shamrock Pawn Broker is actually 3812 Main Street, Culver City, CA 90232:
Dallas-DE14.15-07.17.JPG

The restaurant where Bobby and Jory are dining and where Bobby meets Mark Harris again is stock footage from 1701 Market STreet, Dallas, TX 75202. I think we saw this in an earlier season as well, but missed to take a note:
Dallas-DE14.15-17.49.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.20 (DVD count) / 13.20 (original count):

The restaurant in the scene with James and Michelle is the restaurant at the Warner Center Marriott Hotel in Woodland Hills, CA again. It was totally remodeled since filming:
Dallas-DE14.20-10.05.JPG

Where Bobby and Jory come out of the elevator and are -- unbeknownst to them -- watched by Hillary a.k.a. Sheila is the foyer of the Sony Pictures Plaza building (formerly MGM Plaza; now One Culver at 10000 West Washington Boulevard, Culver City, CA):
PDVD_000.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
In # 14.21 (DVD count) / 13.21 (original count), the cemetery where Sheila a.k.a. Hillary is buried is Valhalla Memorial Park, 10621 Victory Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA 91505:

Dallas-DE14.21.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm not really sure how to count the final episode... It's numbered "22" in the official disc set, but split in two parts. So is it # 14.22 and 14.23?
As far as I remember from the original broadcast, it was a two-hour episode including commercials (so # 13.22).

Anyway, here are the locations from the finale:

Jock's and Ellie's graves in J.R.'s dream: Valhalla Memorial Park, 10621 Victory Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA 91505:
Dallas-DE14.22-10.57.JPG

I think I don't have to post a screen grab of Gary's bedroom in J.R.'s dream -- it's simply Gary's Westfork Ranch bedroom set from "Knots Landing".

Gary's office in J.R.'s dream is the office highrise at 21550 West Oxnard Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367:
Dallas-DE14.22-12.04.JPG

Sue Ellen's movie studio in J.R.'s dream: Sound Stage 8 at Sony Pictures Studios (previously Lorimar / previously MGM):
Dallas-DE14.22-29.58.JPG

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
More locations from the finale:

The hotel hallway and suite in the scene with Kristin in J.R.'s dream are from the Sheraton Universal Hotel at 333 Universal Hollywood Drive, Universal City, CA 91608. The exterior scene when Kristin leaves the hotel was also shot there.
Note: Do not confuse this Sheraton with its neighbor, the Hilton Los Angeles / Universal City, which used to be the Registry Hotel and previously the Sheraton Premiere. The Sheraton chain gave up the other place that later became the Registry / Hilton and at the same time took over the hotel from the current episode next door.
PDVD_000.JPG

Slightly redressed, but easily recognizable as Val and Gary's house on Seaview Circle, the "Knots" cul-de-sac. How embarrassing the lights and the missing ceiling of the set are visible in some frames!
Dallas-DE14.22-50.46.JPG

The Las Vegas location in J.R.'s dream is Sony Pictures Plaza (previously MGM Plaza, now One Culver) again (exteriors and interiors):
Dallas-DE14.22-01.19.50.JPG

Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Locations from # 14.11 (DVD count) / 13.11 (original count):

The Midland Tennis Club where Bobby sees Paul Keats is King Gillette Ranch, 26800 West, Mulholland Highway, Calabasas, CA 91302, a popular filming site and wedding / event venue:
View attachment 21823
I never could find this one! Now I can mark it off my list!

Now that you have made it to the end of the series what will you do now, @TJP? Start back at the beginning?

Thank you for contributing so much to this thread!

Last edited: