I cut my fringe today

:eck:

oh dear, Id never make a hairdresser. :eek:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
So my friend did come to cut my hair on Friday. However, we hadn't seen each other since March and so we had a gin and tonic first. Then we just ended up drinking two bottles of gin and sitting in the garden having a laugh in the sun all while I kept my baseball cap on and didn't get a hair cut. I'm not even mad about it.

How familiar...

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My hair is always every-which-way-but-short, so it doesn't matter. I can cut my own hair and sometimes do -- and sometimes well, but I don't always care enough to put lots of effort into it. But I tend to wear it long enough that nobody gives a darn.

Plus, I'm getting older, dontchyaknow….

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I tend to wear it long enough that nobody gives a darn.

Plus, I'm getting older, dontchyaknow….
Same with me. My hair gets unruly at the best of times but there are limits. I just had my first haircut for six months. Plus I had to find a new barber which is a hassle in itself. My previous barber had been on the verge of retirement for some time already and I think corona has probably pushed him over the edge. He says it will be "a while" before he starts again but I won't be surprised if he doesn't come back at all. There's also the question of how many of his clients would return anyway, having been forced to moved on.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I have very very thick wavy hair and I'm determined for it to get as out of control as possible before I have to cut it. I think at the moment I'm resembling Miss J from ANTM, with his ever growing fro:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I look like a cross between Hugh Grant's mugshot and Jack Nicholson in The Shinning. I look like I should be on a register somewhere. My baseball cap seems to have had enough and disappeared too. So I am wearing some kind of baseball/newsboy hybrid hat that I bought years ago and never wore because it made me look like an evil gay florist from 1963. I wouldn't leave me alone with ANYTHING.

Last edited:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Last night I cut my partner's hair using my left-handed stationery scissors, a comb, clippers and an instructional YouTube video. It's fair to say the worst was expected.

Both of us were amazed when it looked really good by the time I'd finished. I'm feeling really quite pleased with myself today.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I got my first haircut in almost 4 months. I usually get one every 5-6 weeks. Feels so good to have a fresh cut for the summer weather! I've never appreciatea a haircut so much:spinning:

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I got my first haircut in almost 4 months. I usually get one every 5-6 weeks. Feels so good to have a fresh cut for the summer weather! I've never appreciatea a haircut so much:spinning:
I have still not had a haircut. Although today I did get a message from the girl who usually cuts my hair about her switching phone numbers so hopefully I can manage something soon. I have just been hacking bits off here and there and it's a mess!

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Me too, a pluck here and a pluck there, but in my case it looks surprisingly fabulous. I'm in total control here.
Yes wigs are convenient like that I suppose, you choose how you look. I'mma wait to my hairdresser is available. :)

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I think I now have what they technically call in the industry, a bob.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I feel I'm witnessing the birth of the L'Oréalexis empire.
I have a level 1 NVQ certificate in Hairdressing from when I was about 20 before I realised that I hated hairdressing. I didn't like working on actual people though and for a while I worked washing and setting wigs for couple of salons. Mostly for people who with health conditions. I mean I could probably put a fabulous roller set in this bob on my head but cutting it would be another thing.