Dallas Character Lucy Ewing

Seaviewer

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
If someone wants to say Laurel never consented to have sex with JR in exchange for JR helping Clayton stay out of prison, that she decided Clayton's freedom wasn't worth her consenting to have sex with JR, that's their interpretation of what was shown but it's certainly not my interpretation of it.
I'd call it blackmail.

lbf522

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I did not like his forcing her to have sex but Holly Harwood was an idiot. She brings this person into her her company after inheriting it from hr father. It was bad enough not doing any research on JR but when JR asked for a large portion of her company as payment in showing her the ropes, she stupidly agreed to it.

Dr. Ellby's hair

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Mickey Trotter could have stayed little longer as i think it was one of the better storylines for Lucy (might have been a last good one for her) and two actors had nice chemistry.

Mustard

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Mickey Trotter could have stayed little longer as i think it was one of the better storylines for Lucy (might have been a last good one for her) and two actors had nice chemistry.

Mickey was the best boyfriend that Lucy had, in my opinion. Her taste in men was usually really bad.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

I would have liked to have seen her in a Far From the Maddening Crowd type of story with a JR picked suitor from the right family, maybe a series of men from the right families (Texas and nationally powerful and wealthy). Also a hunk of a man or again series of men, not so well heeled but gorgeous who Lucy would have used like JR used women. And a guy like Mickey. Just one guy. Not an early Sue Ellen type, drunk, but a strong, man of the earth, a friend who’s in love with Lucy but not so caught up that his love leads to his down fall. The one person who can reign her in. Someone there for her despite her rather challenging life as she takes on a bigger role with in the family and it’s power struggles.

Last edited:
K

Karin Schill

I think Kit was the picked suitor from the right family that JR picked out for Lucy. Never mind that he was gay! :giggle:

Also Mitch and Mickey were the best matches for Lucy. I loved both of those pairings.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
At the time, I really liked Mitch, but I ended up liking Mickey a whole lot better. His hard exterior and poor guy from the wrong side of the tracks background provided the series with a good story, and a great love interest in Lucy.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucy's romance with Mickey certainly had great potential. Tremendous even. She was the rich girl, and he was the average farm guy. He really loved her, and he didn't take any of her junk. He knocked her down to size, and she fell in love with him, too.
Mickey was the best boyfriend that Lucy had, in my opinion. Her taste in men was usually really bad.
Lucy and Mickey could have great potential because in an ironic twist, a naive Kansas farmboy who came from nothing is EXACTLY the person who J.R. couldn't manipulate.

Why?

Because J.R. couldn't buy him off: Mickey would know that being broke on his own terms was better than taking J.R.'s money with strings attached.

J.R. couldn't bribe him with a tantalizing job offer. Mickey would rather make it on his own.

And J.R. couldn't do anything to hurt Mickey, because everybody would know that J.R. was behind hurting the one person Lucy truly loved.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucy and Mickey could have great potential because in an ironic twist, a naive Kansas farmboy who came from nothing is EXACTLY the person who J.R. couldn't manipulate.

Why?

Because J.R. couldn't buy him off: Mickey would know that being broke on his own terms was better than taking J.R.'s money with strings attached.

J.R. couldn't bribe him with a tantalizing job offer. Mickey would rather make it on his own.

And J.R. couldn't do anything to hurt Mickey, because everybody would know that J.R. was behind hurting the one person Lucy truly loved.

I’d have like to have seen Lucy in a Far From the Maddening Crowd plot where Mickey was her true love yet a handsome beef cake guy turned her head and a guy from the right family pulls her in another direction. It’s a classic.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I’d have like to have seen Lucy in a Far From the Maddening Crowd plot
Yes!
And they could still include the perfect J.R. moment (this is when Kit Mainwaring called off the wedding to Lucy):

Bobby: If Lucy marrying Kit Mainwaring is the basis for your deal with Mainwaring refinery, then you better find different terms and fast.

J.R. What are you talking about?

Bobby: Kit is calling off the wedding to Lucy.

J.R. : Don't tell me that. The Mainwaring Refinery deal is just getting started. We've got a lot at stake here.

Bobby: Kit Mainwaring is not marrying her, and it's better for Lucy that he doesn't.

J.R. Lucy? What's she got to do with it?

HA! Perfect J.R. line.

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes!
And they could still include the perfect J.R. moment (this is when Kit Mainwaring called off the wedding to Lucy):

Bobby: If Lucy marrying Kit Mainwaring is the basis for your deal with Mainwaring refinery, then you better find different terms and fast.

J.R. : Don't tell me that. The Mainwaring Refinery deal is just getting started. We've got a lot at stake here.

Bobby: Kit Mainwaring is not marrying her, and it's better for Lucy that he doesn't.

HA! Perfect J.R. line.

Lol. So true. What season was that?

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes!

HA! Perfect J.R. line.

Thank you. Loved it. I been working on my own Lucy Fan Fiction if you want to check it out:

http://www.soapchat.net/threads/jock’s-will.5290/

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Very cool! I replied over there. . .

ArchieLucasCarringtonEwing1989

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucy had potential and while CT certainly wasn't a strong an actress as the other cast members were, she certainly was a much more of a superior actress compared to the cast that joined post 1986.

Lucy needed to be on her own, away from both the Dallas & Californian Ewings.

Mickey was her best suitor, the chemistry between them was hot hot hot! They were a younger Bobby & Pam, and could easily have been the shows second big couple.

The writers had no real vision when it came to Lucy, in my fan fiction Lucy and Pam form a close mother/daughter & sister bond, yet also best friends, Lucy would be Pam's biggest defender and would even be tempted to betray the Ewings as a result, her reasoning would be that Pam was the first person who ever gave a damn about her apart from Miss Ellie, but she simply spoilt her whereas Pam laid boundaries to protect Lucy.

Monzo

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Scream series
Bobby and Pam rescued Lucy from Roger Larson, but what happened to him afterwards? Unfortunately I can't remember anymore. Did Lucy face him one last time?