Lucy Vs. Abby Fan Fiction

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
One of my dearest wishes, back in the day, was to have Lucy Ewing move to Knots Landing and take on Abby, not only as her step-daughter, but as a rival as well. On some level, Paige got that 'honor'. I also realized that Lucy, technically, is about the same age as Ann Ewing, so she is in this story as well.

CAPRICORN CRUEL

BACKSTORY:

When last we saw Lucy Ewing in ‘Six Degrees of Separation’, she was making an offer to fugitive Matthew Blaisdel. An offer that he accepted in exchange for help evading the law.

Essentially, Matthew has been asked to abduct Abby Ewing and take her to Texas. He has been given an address as to where to drop her off to. What he does not know is that the residence in question, is none other than Judith Ryland’s whore house!

Yes, Lucy has had an on again, off again, relationship with Judith’s only son, Harris Ryland and it is Judith’s hope that the two will marry, thus cementing the Ewing/Ryland fortunes. But there are problems, as there always are…

Lucy has a friend named Ann Smith that Harris is interested in. Lucy has not noticed this nor does she care, since secretly, she had no intention of marrying Harris. And Abby is only half of her problem. Ben Gibson, who is swearing he is the father of Val’s babies, is being very hard to get rid of. Difficult actually.

Meanwhile poor Valene has no clue that her daughter is up to anything at all. She is relaxing at the Southern Cross Ranch with Clayton, while trying to figure out her life. Her publisher is asking for another book and Val is actually thinking of writing a fictional account of Alexis Morrell Carrington Dexter Ewing Barnes’s life…

Lucy squinted at the sunlight that was coming through her window as she awoke in her bedroom. Her bedroom at her father’s ranch.

Gary had invited her to stay after Lucy feigned being heartbroken over Adam Carrington. Also, Matthew was hired as a ranch hand named ‘Lucas’.

Lucy sat up, stretched, then got out of bed and reached for a hairbrush. She bent her head over and began to brush her hair at the nape of her neck, when her door opened and Lucy smelled a noxious odor.

“Hello, Abby. I would have thought my father could afford to buy you real Chanel perfume.” she said with a smile, before tossing her hair back into place and setting down her hairbrush.

Abby pasted on a return smile. Clearly, Valene had not raised this girl. Whatever Val’s faults, she had manners and would have NEVER raised any child to act as atrociously as Lucy had in just the past two days. Not that Gary noticed.

But Abby also had to tell herself that Lucy was no girl. She was a young woman who had managed to snag Adam Carrington at one point and time. That was no mean feat and the Carringtons were no one to mess with. The only reason she put up with Lucy’s attitude at all, was that she hoped that her step-daughter could open some doors for her with regards to the Carringtons, or even with Alexis Barnes.

“Lucy,” Abby said, closing the door, “it’s good to see you’re up. I want to talk to you about Olivia.”

Olivia was Abby’s teenage daughter. She didn’t look much like Abby but Lucy figured she probably looked like her father, whoever he was.

“Yes?” Lucy said and sauntered over to her closet. Abby leaned against a pillar in the room.

“You impersonated me at a parent/teacher conference. You pretended to be me. Why?”

“Why what?” Lucy asked, holding up a pair of jeans in front of herself while looking in a standing mirror. Abby walked over and snatched the jeans from her hands!

“Why did you pretend to be me and tell Olivia’s principal all of those lies?”

Lucy shook her head, looking Abby up and down. Her poor mother hadn’t stood a chance against this barracuda.

“You know, Abby, if you had actually ever paid a visit to your daughter’s school before, I would have never been able to do that. And I didn’t impersonate you. I said who I was and they thought it was fine.”

“No, you did not tell them who you really were!” Abby snapped. “And when I tell your father what you did and said, you will be staying at a hotel!”

“Go tell him.” Lucy said. “And don’t ever throw my clothes anywhere…are we clear?” Lucy asked before moving to walk around Abby.

But Abby blocked her way.

“I don’t know what this is, or why you’re suddenly here, but you’ve caused enough trouble around here. I think you should pack your bags and leave. Surely Val needs you. Isn’t she in Texas someplace?”

“Move!” Lucy ordered.

“I’m not some servant you can order around, little girl. And if you think you’re going to use my husband’s guilt about you, against him or me, you’ve got another thing coming.” Abby told her. She then did move and leave the room, slamming the door behind her! Once the door closed, Lucy grinned! She liked the fact that Abby now knew where the two of them stood, not that she had been good at pretending before anyway. Abby had been on her guard the moment Lucy had dropped her suitcase in the foyer.

Lucy’s mind wandered from Abby’s eventual fate, to this ‘ranch’. It was small and honestly, Lucy didn’t really think of it so much as a ranch, as it was a house with land around it, that her father had tried to make into a ranch.

Essentially, Gary Ewing was trying to have his own Southfork.

Meanwhile, Abby composed herself and walked into the dining room where Olivia and Brian were eating breakfast, along with Lucy’s friend that Gary had invited to stay here as well. Here name was Ann and she was tall and gangly, though Abby could see potential in her, if she fixed herself up a bit. Ann had taken a liking to Olivia and Brian and was making sure they ate everything on their plate. Oddly, she reminded Abby of Val in a way.

Abby was about to sit down with them, when their butler came in and said that there was a call for her. She turned and walked out into the hallway, thanking the butler before answering.

“This is Abby Ewing.”

“Well hello there, Mrs. Ewing,” a voice with a clear southern drawl responded, “this is Harris Ryland.”

“Oh?” Abby asked, confused. “I’ll get Lucy…”

“No,” Harris said quickly, “I was wondering if you could get Annie to come to the phone.”

Abby raised a brow, sensing something. Annie?

Gary had told her that Lucy had been seeing Harris Ryland and that while J.R. thought it was a good match, Bobby did not. Harris, apparently was about Bobby’s age, maybe a few years younger, and even Gary wished Lucy would date some men that were closer to her own age.

And yet, Mr. Ryland had not asked for Lucy. He had asked for her. He had asked for her to get Ann to come to the phone. Probably because he couldn’t ask Lucy to do it. Abby took a deep breath and lied.

“I’m sorry, Mr. Ryland…”

“Call me, Harris.”

“Okay. Harris. Ann is out riding.”

“Really? Well I’m glad to hear she’s enjoying herself.”

“Lucy is still upstairs. I could get her…”

“No! That’s alright, really, Mrs. Ewing. I’ll catch up with Lucy later. I was wondering if you could tell Annie that I called? Oh and if you could tell her without letting anyone else know?”

Meaning Lucy, Abby thought.

“Why yes, Harris. I will do that. You know, I’m awfully fond of Ann. She’s hardworking. Ann and myself, come from humble means. She’s got a good head on her shoulders.” Abby told him.

Harris, on his end, knew he had tipped his hand with Abby and decided he needed to correct that.

“You know, on second thought, if I could speak to Lucy, I would really appreciate it.”

Lucy was showered and dressed by the time Abby told her Harris was on the phone. Abby set it down and went into the dining room. Lucy watched her leave the area before picking up the phone.

“Harris, honey,” Lucy said between clenched teeth, “do you have that information I asked you for?”

Harris, for his part, didn’t like the fact that he and his mother were being used as resources for a Ewing. Lucy damned well had enough money to pay her own detectives to look into things that she wanted to know about! And he knew his mother was pushing for him to marry Lucy. He wouldn’t mind that, if Lucy were the type of woman that would settle down. But Mitch Cooper and Adam Carrington told him all he needed to know about what kind of wife Lucy would be.

“I do, darlin’, but I don’t understand why you need to know it.” Harris asked between clenched teeth as well. “I thought this was just about trying to get your step-mama to join in my mother’s secret ‘business’?”

Yes, Harris thought that Abby wanted to partner with Judith in the whoring business. He had no idea what was really planned.

“Charles Scott is trying to worm his way back into Abby’s life. Behind my father’s back.” Lucy lied. “Abby will never agree to partner with Judith once she becomes involved with him again.”

“Explain to me WHO wants to partner with who here? My mother has never been the partnership type.”

Abby walked by and it was clear she was off to play business woman at Lotus Point. Lucy decided to wrap up the call.

“Okay Harris, honey, it was so nice to hear from you. Bye!” she cooed and hung up. Abby was not fooled by any of that. She walked over to a hall mirror to look herself over as she addressed Lucy.

“Your father said that he owns an oil trucking corporation.”

“Who?” Lucy asked, feigning ignorance. Abby turned away from the mirror and faced her.

“Harris. Harris Ryland. There’s talk that the two of you are planning a future together. In Dallas.”

“Maybe.” Lucy replied, just as Ann, Olivia and Brian came out of the dining room. Olivia and Brian were on their way to school and Ann was about to drive them…something Lucy noticed.

“Where are you going?” Lucy asked her. Ann shrugged.

“I was going to drop the kids off at school.” she answered. Abby smiled at her.

“Thank you, Ann. It would be such a big help. I’m running late this morning.” Abby said.

“I don’t get why Daddy can’t take them?” Lucy asked.

“Or yourself? You know, since you’ve been masquerading as me at the high school.” Abby said coolly, just as Gary and ‘Lucas’, walked in from a side foyer. Gary could see something was going on and decided to keep down trouble.

“Hey there! Good morning everyone!” Gary called out cheerfully. Matthew/Lucas, nodded. He didn’t like what he was doing here.

He also didn’t like Abby Ewing.

He knew Lucy thought he would go for this because she slightly resembled Krystle and Constance.

No. She did not.

Krystle’s beauty was ethereal. Inside and out.

Constance’s beauty was wounded. She was struggling to be the woman Krystle had been. She was younger and there was still time.

Matthew didn’t know what in the hell Abby Ewing was! He didn’t like her. And it had nothing to do with what Lucy had said about her, or his mission at hand with regards to her.

He liked Gary Ewing. This was a guy that was just trying to strike out on his own. And he was doing it later in life than he had planned to.

Abby Ewing was not with him. She was not by his side. She was not loyal. Not really. How did Matthew know this?

Because some ex congressman had come by here and he had seen Abby kiss him! And it wasn’t some ‘friend’ kiss…there was something between the two of them. Or had been. Matthew couldn’t recall the guy’s name but he knew he had been running for office around the same time Fielding Carlyle had been.

And Abby’s kids were allowed to run wild! Lucy’s friend, Ann…he couldn’t remember her last name, but she was taking care of them. For free! Hell, Abby needed to be looking after her own children! And here she was in some business suit…she reminded him of Alexis. Both were women with low morals that half raised their children.

But he stifled all of that and tried not to look at Lucy too long. She was half trying to make eye contact with him, without looking as if she were.

“Good morning, Daddy!” Lucy exclaimed and pranced over to him to kiss him on the cheek. Olivia looked down. She liked Lucy, well enough, and she had helped cover with the principal when she had gotten in trouble for smoking pot. But she had always considered Gary her father in a way. Now that Lucy was here, he barely spent any time with her anymore.

Actually, if Olivia was honest, it wasn’t really Lucy. It was their new home. This ranch. Gary just spent all of his time working on it. Either he was petting a cow or pig or something was giving birth or sick. The smell of animal crap was everywhere when you walked in a certain direction around here. She was too embarrassed to invite friends over!

“So,” Gary said, looking around, “I guess this means Lucy and I will spend some time alone here on the ranch. Lucy, one of the horses is due to give birth. I don’t suppose you’d want to give Lucas and I a hand?”

“Actually,” Lucy said slyly, “Granddaddy allowed me to help Ray care for the animals when I turned 15. I’m sure it will be a piece of cake.”

That was not exactly true. Yes, she knew how to help animals give birth, only because a calf and pig gave birth during the times she spent up in the hayloft with Ray! So yeah she was an old hand at it!

Gary looked down at her with surprise. Matthew raised a brow. He couldn’t wait to see this! If Lucy was lying…

“Really?” Abby asked skeptically. “Jock just let you touch sick animals?”

“Being pregnant is not a sickness, Abby.” Lucy said coolly. “Speaking of, I spoke with Mama yesterday. She’s doing well.”

Clearly she was talking to Gary and his eyes lit up at the mention of Valene, something everyone noticed. Abby decided it was time to make her darling step-daughter pay for ruining the start to her morning.

Abby turned to Ann.

“Ann, why don’t I drive Olivia and Brian to school and you come with? I’d love to show you around Lotus Point.”

Lucy tried to shake her head at Ann, who didn’t notice.

“I’d love to, Mrs. Ewing. Do I look alright to be hanging around there?”

“You like fine, Ann.” Gary told her and he put an arm around Lucy. “Honey, you might want to change into something more comfortable.”

Lucy nodded as Gary walked over and kissed Abby quickly, before heading off to the kitchen. Abby, Ann, Olivia and Brian went out of the door and Lucy stared after them, then turned to confront Matthew when the door closed!

“Hey! Why didn’t you stop that?”

“Stop what?” Matthew asked, annoyed.

“Abby is going to try and pump Ann for information!”

“She doesn’t know anything, does she?”

“No.”

“Well then, let her pump away. Do you really know how to birth a calf or any other farm animal?” Matthew asked.

“Sort of.” Lucy sniffed.

“Well ‘sort of’ will show.”

“Daddy will do most of the work, I’m sure! I’d better get changed.” she said and started to walk away, but Matthew looked around before grabbing her arm!

“Hey! What’s the deadline here? When do I grab Abby and smuggle her to Texas?” he asked. He needed to get out of here and go about figuring out a way to be with Constance and Krystina!

“It won’t be long now. There is just one last thing I need to do.” Lucy said, pulling her arm from his and walking up the stairs. She was not about to just send Abby to a whore house in Texas. She was about to take her lost love, Charles Scott, from her as well.

Last edited:

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 2

TEXAS-

Valene was nervous. Nervous about being on Southfork again. But Clayton’s son, Dusty, who was wheelchair bound, had insisted on going with her, so she felt a little safer. And Sue Ellen said that J.R. was at work.

Valene felt badly about involving Dusty at all on this visit. His wife, Linda, was out of town and Val knew she was insecure when it came to Sue Ellen and any residual feelings Dusty might have for her. She and Dusty agreed that it would be best if this call they were paying to Southfork, was kept between them.

Dusty, for his part, liked Valene. But not with his father. It was clear that any feelings between them were one sided. He also felt Val had too much going on to give Clayton the attention he deserved. That and if J.R. found out that Clayton was playing daddy to Ewing twins…he didn’t want to think about the hell that would raise!

Valene pulled into the drive behind an unfamiliar car(why would any of them be recognizable to her?), parked and then helped Dusty. But two male servants hurried out, got Dusty’s wheelchair for him and got him situated, just as Sue Ellen appeared, looking very much like the ‘Lady of Southfork’. Her eyes met Valene’s briefly, before staring at Dusty.

“Valene. Dusty, how are you?” she asked softly.

Dusty rolled over to her and their hands met. Valene could see that what they had once was very real. And she could understand why Linda was threatened by it. She cleared her throat and Sue Ellen pulled her hand from Dusty’s.

“Well, Valene, I don’t quite get how I can help you with a book on Alexis.”

“Well, it’s fiction.”

“Like Capricorn Crude was?” Sue Ellen countered, giving her a look.

“Yes.” Valene said firmly. “But what I also want to do is help, Sue Ellen. I know Gary and you have been hurt by that lie Alexis told.”

“Yes,” Sue Ellen said, eyeing the bar, “the one about our secret love child in the attic here.”

“I’m sorry, honey.” Dusty said. “I can’t believe how many people believe that nonsense.”

“Neither do I.” Valene seconded. “And that’s why I need your help. I need you to tell me everything you can about her.”

“Valene,” Sue Ellen said, “I am the last person you should be asking. I barely know her. She’s just some God awful woman, that has been married to two of the men I was married to. I don’t think I could be of much help.”

Nothing more was said because another car pulled up. And for a brief moment, Valene feared it was J.R. home from work early. But a woman got out, one that was about her own age and had an authoritative look about her.

“Judith?” Sue Ellen asked, then tore her eyes from her to Val. “Valene, this is someone you should know. Judith Ryland, this is Valene Ewing. Valene, this is Judith. And you know Dusty Farlow?”

Judith walked over to Dusty and bent down and kissed him on the cheek!

“Of course I know Dusty! When are you and that pretty new wife of yours going to come to dinner? I’ve invited you like three times!”

“I know, Judith but Linda is still getting adjusted to living here.”

“What is there to adjust to?”

Sue Ellen cleared her throat!

“Judith, what brings you by?”

“Well, I heard that Valene Ewing was going to be here. I loved Capricorn Crude and you know of course that our children are minutes from getting married.”

Valene gave Judith a blank stare.

“Excuse me?” Valene asked. Dusty coughed!

“Judith, I thought those were just rumors about Harris and Lucy?” he asked.

“Oh no! Harris has a ring ready to put on Lucy’s finger when the moment is right! Which should be any day now!”

Valene looked at Sue Ellen, who looked as surprised as she did!

“Judith,” Sue Ellen said, “I had no idea that Lucy and Harris had become so close. I can’t remember the last time he was here.”

Judith smiled at her.

“Shame on you, Sue Ellen! Why Harris and Lucy were here at your third remarriage to J.R.! I was there too. If you don’t remember because of the scandal…”

“There is no scandal, Judith.” Sue Ellen said primly. Judith said no more about that little boy Garrison ‘rumor’. She believed every bit of it! Why the hell would a woman like Alexis Barnes lie about something like that? She found herself trying not to look towards the upper bedroom windows to see if she could see a child looking out!

“Of course not, dear.” Judith said, looking at Valene again. “You know, we’re close in age. I was young when I married Harris’s father. And you were married to Gary at one point. Only our fortunes were not the same, were they? If my husband’s father had done to me what Jock and J.R. did to you and Lucy, I’d have killed myself. It would hurt that badly to be without my baby boy.”

“I survived.” Valene said, warming a bit to this woman.

“Of course you did! That’s what we women do! And I can see you’re expecting again. And with Clayton Farlow…”

“Actually,” Dusty interrupted, “this really is none of your business, Judith. Val’s sensitive about the matter.”

“Sensitive because Clayton is old?” Judith asked with feigned ignorance.

“He’s not the father.” Valene felt compelled to say.

“Oh.” was all Judith said before she produced a book from inside of her purse. It was a copy of Capricorn Crude.

“Would you do me the honor?” Judith asked. She had sized up Valene Ewing and determined that she would not be an issue with regards to Harris marrying Lucy. Nor would she be in the future.

Lucy remembered more about calf birthing than she thought she did! And she could tell that Matthew was impressed!

Now, after showering, changing and leaving her father and Matthew to more ranching duties, Lucy left to take care of some ‘errands’ of her own.

The first had to do with paying a visit to her mother’s cul de sac home. She had only been there once before when her parents were still married, and twice since she had come to stay with her father. And both times it was to pick up something that Valene had asked her to send to Texas.

And both times, she had run in to either Ben Gibson, the cute, dark haired third wheel, or her maternal grandmother, Lillie Mae Clements, who Lucy had no use for at all. Valene had told her that story about how her mother had turned her away when she was running from J.R’s. boys, while carrying her. Lucy didn’t understand how her mother stood the sight of the woman!

Lucy never knocked, since Val had given her a key. So she just opened the door and walked in, figuring she would see who she was going to see. The moment she stepped inside, Lucy heard shower water upstairs.

Lucy closed the front door and looked around, starting with the kitchen. Right on the kitchen table was a nice, neat note from her dear Grandmother, who told Ben she was out buying some baby clothes to send to Val.

Lucy set the note back down and left the kitchen, now knowing that she was dealing with Ben. It was time for him to go. He seemed perfectly nice but she knew her mother. She would only ever love her father and these babies were a way for the two of them to start over. To have the life denied them by J.R..

And now Abby.

Lucy took off her clothes, turned on the TV and made sure the sound was up loud as she sprawled on the couch! The water turned off suddenly and soon, Ben Gibson came down the stairs wearing nothing but a towel! He took in Lucy’s nude form and the loud TV and slowly walked over and turned the television off!

“That’s a little loud.” he said calmly.

“Is it? I hadn’t noticed.” Lucy said just as calmly, not moving a muscle.

“What are you doing here? Or more precisely, what are you doing?” Ben asked sarcastically.

Lucy slowly stood up. Her long hair covered her breasts.

“I want you to pack your things and leave. You can even leave a note…as long as it says that you’re leaving because you think my mother belongs with my father.”

“Oh.” Ben said, somewhat amused. “And if I don’t?”

“If you don’t what, Ben? Leave? Or leave that note?”

“I’m assuming you meant both.” Ben said sarcastically.

“Oh. Well I accuse you of rape. And of course, my mother will believe me.”

“Will she? Lucy, from what I understand, I’ve spent more time with your mother in the year I’ve know her, than you have in your entire life. She’s going to believe me. Now I suggest you get dressed…”

“Are you leaving?” Lucy interrupted rudely. She wasn’t in the mood for a lot of chit chat from this guy!

“No, Lucy. I am not leaving. I am not leaving your mother’s life. We are in love. The babies that you so desperately want to believe are your father’s, so you can all be a happy family again, are MINE!”

“Mama told me they were my Daddy’s. So cut the crap, Ben. And you know something else? Mama didn’t leave because she was confused about you. She left because she was angry.”

Ben said nothing and Lucy knew he couldn’t think of a way to deny what she was about to accuse him of.

“She told you?”

“About your writing alias? Joe Kelley…not very inventive as far as fake names go. But yeah, she told me you were writing about Daddy and Sue Ellen’s fake child for a tabloid! Mama is in Texas trying to clear my Daddy’s name! So in between that and having his babies, she does not have time for you! Get out of here!” Lucy yelled.

Ben realized that he had underestimated the situation. Lucy did not just see him as a road block to Gary and Val’s imaginary reconciliation, but he now understood that she thought of him as someone who had tried to hurt her family in print.

That had not been what he was trying to do. But Ben, knowing of Gary and Sue Ellen’s alcoholism, did indeed believe that there was a secret child. Was the boy living in the Southfork attic? No. He didn’t believe that. But his sources, and they were good ones, told him that Garrison, who was named after his father, had been born before John Ross. A year and a half before.

Essentially, Ben Gibson did not believe that Alexis Barnes lied when she revealed that secret. And yes, he wanted Val to understand just how badly Gary had betrayed her. He even wanted Lucy to accept the fact that she had a younger half brother.

“Lucy,” Ben said calmly, “I didn’t write what I did to hurt your mother. She needs to know how low your father really is. You both do…”

Lucy picked up her clothes, hurried to the door and flung it open! She then began screaming ‘RAPE’.

It was Karen MacKenzie, who just happened to be going in late to work that day, that saw Lucy Ewing come running out of Val’s house, naked and clutching her clothing! She took her to her home and told her youngest son, Michael, to get a blanket. Michael gaped, but did as he was told.

Karen then called her husband, Mack, but another neighbor had also called the police, something she had hoped would not happen. Ben hurriedly dressed and came running over to Karen’s house! Karen met him outside and blocked him from going in!

“Ben, you are going to have to deal with the police. Just stay calm.”

“Stay calm?! That little witch is accusing me of rape! If Val hears about this…”

“She will. That is the point.” Karen said. “I know you didn’t do anything. I know you wouldn’t do anything, but still, you need to go back to your house. I see Lillie Mae pulling in now. You’d better get over there.”

Ben ran a hand down his face.

“I’m supposed to go over there and tell her what? That the police think I raped her granddaughter?”

“I think Lillie Mae is smarter than you give her credit for. Let me talk to Lucy, okay?” Karen said and went back inside. Michael was giving Lucy some orange juice and she was now dressed again.

“Michael, you should get to school.” Karen said.

“Why?” he asked.

“Michael!” Karen said between clenched teeth. Lucy smiled at him, patting his hand.

“It’s okay, Michael. Your mother is here. I feel safer already.” she told him. Michael smiled back at her and it was all Karen could do not to roll her eyes! She had only met Lucy once before and she had struck her as wild. Wild and spoiled. And Val had been so eager to be a mother to this girl, who had already grown up and didn’t really need mothering. Not anymore.

Michael picked up his books and slowly walked to the door. Karen began pushing him to get him to move faster!

“Jeez, Mom! Is Mr. Gibson going to jail?”

“Go to school, okay?” Karen said and pushed him out of the door, closing it quickly. She then took a deep breath and turned to Lucy, who was staring at her.

“Would you like to tell me what happened?” Karen asked and moved to sit next to her.

“I’d actually rather tell the police.” was Lucy’s response.

Karen could see that Lucy didn’t trust her, so she tried another tactic.

“I know what happened had to have been very frightening. Why don’t you tell me about it?”

“Why don’t you tell me, how you could have allowed that tramp sister-in-law of yours, to steal my father from my mother?” Lucy asked instead. “Abby is your relative, right?”

The topic of Abby and her affair with Gary, was the last thing Karen expected to hear from Lucy. At least in this moment. Karen slowly stood up.

“You want to talk about Abby? Instead of what Ben did to you?”

Lillie Mae suddenly opened the door, uninvited, and stepped inside, closing the door. She nodded to Karen, and Karen went to the kitchen to call Mack from the phone in there. Lucy smiled at Lillie Mae.

“Well. If it isn’t Ma Kettle. What brings you by?” Lucy asked innocently.

Lillie Mae slowly stepped down into the sunken living room.

“Ben is being questioned by the police. He says that he was taking a shower when he heard a noise. He turned the water off, went downstairs and found you naked on the couch, with the tv turned up.”

Lucy just stared at Lillie Mae and the older woman realized that this granddaughter of hers, was slicker than she would have given her credit for. And that was because Val was not slick, sneaky or mean in any way. Only a child raised by the Ewings could come to this community and cause so much trouble.

“He wishes.” was Lucy’s response. “Are the police coming over to hear my side of the story?”

“What do you want from us?” Lillie Mae asked. “Because I’ve tried to reach you but there isn’t a way in, is there? Valene forgave me and I can’t tell you how much I wish I had made a different decision that night. But what’s done is done. There is no going back…”

Lucy slowly stood up.

“I never liked that phrase, ‘what’s done is done’. It lets the offender off a little too easily. I guess I’ll have to go over to Mama’s house and tell the police that you were badgering me into changing my story.” she sniffed.

“Don’t do this. Ben is a decent man.”

“So is my daddy.”

“Your father was unfaithful to your mama and that’s just the hard truth, girl.” Lillie Mae told her in a hard tone.

“My father wasn’t unfaithful on his own. Two people knew he was weak and plotted to break up my parents.”

Lillie Mae tilted her head.

“What are you talking about?”

But Lucy didn’t answer her. She’d said too much already. The doorbell rang and Karen came out of the kitchen to answer it. Lillie Mae followed her while Lucy forced tears into her eyes, while slyly looking at her watch. Charles Scott was holding a business seminar in one of the Beverly Hills Ritz hotel conference rooms in a couple of hours. She hoped to tell her story of trauma, then be on her way.

Ben should have packed his things, along with that towel he had had around his waist, and left like she told him to. Lucy pushed the fantasy of what he had possibly looked like underneath that towel, out of her head.

Ann looked around Abby’s office at Lotus Point and could not believe she was sitting in such a fancy place. Actually, she had been unable to believe it when Lucy invited her to California with her.

Lucy Ewing and her had become friends, oddly, when Lucy sideswiped her on the highway! Ann remembered the night that the car her mother, Dottie, and herself shared, breathed it’s last. Ann had been in the far left hand lane when she saw a flashing signal light through the passenger side window. Ann had no time to react as Lucy just came over, slicing off the passenger side mirror, flattening a tire and a lot of other damage that made the car not repairable. Not that that would have mattered. It took everything Ann and her mother made, just to afford the two bedroom apartment they had been living in, ever since her father left when she was ten.

Lucy felt bad and bought her a new car. Or actually, Ann thought, it was Lucy’s Uncle Bobby that bought it. He was cute. And sweet.

The next thing Ann knew, Lucy was her new best friend. And she helped her with her assignments and papers, sometimes actually doing them for her. Her mother never liked her doing that and felt Lucy was using her, but Ann told her mother she was very aware of how Lucy was, but that there was something about her that made Ann pity her, despite all that it seemed she had.

This ‘visit’ to California, was an example. Lucy’s parents were not getting back together. Her father was married to someone else! And yet, Ann had the feeling that Lucy planned to force them back together. The tension at the ranch was already at a fever pitch. And she herself, thought Lucy’s step mother was nice enough.

“Tell me, Ann,” Abby said, sitting down next to her on a couch, “I would love to know how Lucy and you became friends? You just seem such an unlikely pair.”

Ann was aware that Abby didn’t really want to know about her and Lucy, so much as she did just about Lucy. She would be careful with her answers.

“Well, Lucy smashed into my car on the highway. We were both in a night business class at the same university.”

Abby raised a brow.

“Lucy ruined your car and now you’re friends?” she asked in disbelief.

“Well, her family felt badly and purchased another car for me.”

“Oh. Was Lucy at least ticketed?”

“No. I think the officer liked her.”

“Of course.” Abby said, rubbing her throat. “So…then you know Harris?”

Abby noticed something flicker across Ann’s face for a moment and she knew she had something here!

“Harris Ryland?”

“Yes.”

“Yes I know him. He’s Lucy’s boyfriend.”

“Really?”

“Yes. Why are you asking about him, if I may ask?” Ann asked politely.

“Ann, I have a confession to make: he called earlier.”

“Oh I know. I saw Lucy talking to him on the phone in the hallway.” Ann replied.

“Yes, but he didn’t actually call to speak to her. He wanted to speak to you. And he was very familiar sounding. He called you ‘Annie’. Lucy doesn’t call you that. At least I’ve never heard her do so.”

Ann rubbed the back of her neck.

“Yes. I told him it’s just ‘Ann’, but he does what he wants.”

“Does he have a cute, pet name for Lucy?” Abby asked.

“I don’t know. Mrs. Ewing, I don’t feel comfortable talking about this.”

“Why?” Abby asked innocently. “I mean once Harris and Lucy are married, you’ll be seeing him more, don’t you think?”

Ann did not answer and looked away. Abby decided to go in for the kill.

“Ann, Harris asked me not to mention to Lucy, that he asked to speak to you at all. I don’t mean to pry but I’m concerned for Lucy here. If she is involved with someone that doesn’t really care for her…”

“I don’t know how Harris feels about Lucy. And I don’t know why he asked for me.” Ann said stoutly.

“Really?” Abby asked skeptically. “I lied and told him you couldn’t come to the phone. I said you were out riding and he seemed genuinely happy to hear that you were having a good time.”

Ann said nothing for a long moment.

Then she spoke.

“Lucy asked me to go on a double date with her. Her and Harris and myself and someone else. That was the first time I met him.”

“So who did you go with?” Abby asked.

“Someone Lucy scrounged up for me. I’m not really good at dating.”

“Oh. Was he wealthy like Harris?”

“No. He was someone that used to work for the Carringtons and got fired. Lucy said he used see Fallon Carrington behind her first husband’s back. His name was Michael something.”

“Oh.” Abby replied, thinking she had already learned a lot right there. “But if Fallon was seeing him, then he was a bit older.”

“Yes. It didn’t matter. Michael wasn’t interested in me. He was into Lucy.”

“Well Harris couldn’t have been too happy about that?” Abby asked.

“He didn’t seem to really mind. Mrs. Ewing, I really think you ought to ask Lucy these questions.” Ann said, now standing up and looking distinctly uncomfortable.

Abby stood up as well.

“I’m sorry, Ann, if I made you feel uncomfortable. And you’re right. I’ll ask Lucy why Harris asked for you and not her.”

“No! I mean, if Harris asked you to not say anything, then I think you shouldn’t.”

Abby folded her arms.

“Ann, if you’re seeing him behind Lucy’s back…”

“Mrs. Ewing,” Ann finally cracked, “I have tried to tell him that I can’t go out with him or see him, but he is always there! And his attentions intensified once I told him that I was thinking of becoming a nun! The only reason I came to California with Lucy is to get a break from him!”

“You’re thinking of becoming a nun?” Abby asked slyly.

“It is something I am truly considering. And Harris and I spent that evening, on the date, discussing it. I thought he took me seriously until he kissed me! His mouth was just on mine before I knew it! And I was slow to stop him. And then when it happened two more times on separate occasions…well, I just feel as if I have lead Harris on and the only way he will understand that there can be nothing between us, is if we are in separate states.” Ann said primly.

“Of course, Ann. And you’re doing the right thing.” Abby said, thinking she was going to place a call to Harris later on tonight! She now had a pretty good idea of what was going on in this triangle. And the truth was, it wasn’t much of one. Harris had Ann in his crosshairs. Ann the Nun.

K

Karin Schill

Interesting start. I always thought Lucy should have moved to Knots Landing too after she left Dallas, as it would have been interesting to see her with her parents, other grandma, siblings and of course Abby. :)

I'm not quite sure if this belong in the "Dallas writer's room" instead of here, as it seems t me like most of the main characters are from the Dallas universe even though there's a bit of crossover to other shows and especially Knots. But they do belong to the same universe. So what do you think?

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
The only reason it's here, is because it involves a storyline from my Flamingo Road, Dynasty and Dallas fan fiction called 'Six Degrees of Separation', that is in the fan fiction area. And Matthew Blaisdel is in it, along with references to the Carringtons and and Flamingo Road characters. Alexis will be appearing in Chapter 7. I just thought it wasn't strictly 'Dallas' enough to qualify. But if you think it belongs there then I will move it in that room.

And I agree with you about Lucy. It drove me nuts when Jock died, that Lucy was not able to have a conversation with Gary about what was happening between himself and Val, and about Abby.

K

Karin Schill

I understand why you posted it here but yes I do think it is a better fit for the Dallas Writer's room so I will move it there. I think it might find more of an audience there.

Good point about how Lucy never even talked to Gary about him splitting up from Valene and getting together with Abby. It totally should have been addressed if not on Dallas they should have included a scene where Lucy guest starred on Knots. Talk about a missed opportunity!

Also I have not read your first fanfic since I have not watched Flamingo Road and that story seemed to be pretty heavy on that show.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 3

Ben Gibson was arrested and put into a police car, just as Mack came screeching into the cul de sac! Lucy said she would have someone drive her down to the station so she could fill out a proper police report, but as soon as the police car left the area, Lucy jumped in her car and drove off—in the opposite direction! She had to get to the Beverly Hills Ritz! She planned to tell the police she had a car accident trying to get to the station. That would give Ben a little time in jail to think about what she had said.

Lucy returned to the ranch to shower and change so she could head out again. But Gary was waiting for her when she got out of her car.

“Hi, Daddy! Listen, I have an appointment…”

“At the police station?” Gary asked, looking at her oddly. Damn! Lucy thought. Karen or Grandma Kettle had called here!

“Yes.” Lucy told him. “I just need to change.”

“Honey, you need to get down there and press charges against Gibson!” Gary practically barked. “You don’t have time to change!”

“Daddy,” Lucy said, using the same voice she used with Jock, “I feel like I can still feel his hands on me! I just need to change!”

“Lucy, I know…no I don’t know what it’s like to go through what you went through. But you have to get down there right away and make sure Ben pays for what he did.”

“You do believe me, don’t you, Daddy?”

“Of course I do!” Gary cried, pulling her into a hug. “I just don’t get why he did what he did!”

Lucy pulled away from him.

“I went there to pick up some stuff for Mama. Stuff she asked for. He was there with only a towel on. He blamed me for Mama being gone and I didn’t make things better. I accused him of writing terrible articles about Sue Ellen and you in the tabloids. He admitted it and then attacked me!”

Gary slowly set her away from him.

“Ben has been helping spread that trash around? Sue Ellen started drinking again because of that!”

“I know! I was there, Daddy! J.R. was even helpless.”

“J.R. is never helpless.” Gary said, rolling his eyes. “All he had to do was pay Alexis what she was asking, and none of this would have ever happened. If he paid her today, she would probably call a press conference and take it all back.”

Lucy was about to respond to that when Matthew appeared. He removed a pair of work gloves, leaving them on top of a wood fence before walking over to them. He gave Lucy a pointed look.

“I wanted to say I’m sorry about what that man did to you. Do you need anything?”

“Yes, actually.” Lucy sniffed. “A ride to the police station. I feel shaky.”

“Lucy, honey, I’m taking you down there!” Gary protested.

“Daddy, Karen and Lillie Mae are down there supporting Ben. Do you know how much it hurts to know that your own grandmother doesn’t believe you! I need for you to call Mama and tell her what happened. I can’t go down there and then tell her too.” she sniffed, allowing her eyes to leak tears.

“Alright, baby, if that’s what you want.” Gary said with resignation. He then turned to ‘Lucas’.

“Lucas, I know I’m asking a lot…”

“You don’t have to ask. The sooner he’s locked up, the better.” Matthew said and he and Lucy both watched Gary head into the house to make a phone call he did not want to make. When he was a good distance away, Matthew confronted Lucy!

“I don’t suppose there’s any truth to that story at all, is there?”

“I gave Ben a chance to leave town the easy way. I need to change and then you can take me to the Beverly Hills Ritz.”

“What’s there?” Matthew asked tiredly.

“My knock out punch. Oh come on, Matthew, don’t look at me like that! Yes, Abby and Ben have to go away!”

“But you didn’t say anything about Ben Gibson. Just Abby. I didn’t sign on for this.”

“Fine, Matthew. I’ll just tell Daddy that you’re the one that shot Adam down in Florida and I just found out. That will help Ben. They won’t have time to think about an attempted rape charge because they’ll be looking for you.” Lucy said smugly. Matthew’s lips tightened.

“You’re pushing me, little girl!”

“Whatever. And I don’t think I’m pushing you hard enough, Matthew! Now go and get one of the cars ready while I change.” Lucy told him as she hurried towards the house, her long hair flying out behind her.

What Matthew really didn’t like about being here, was that the visions of his beloved Krystle, had disappeared. He had expected that once he had Constance and Krystina with him, but not here. In this loveless place.

Abby had sent Ann back to the ranch in a taxi, when Karen slammed into her office! Abby’s office was partially ajar so she noticed her angry stance. She got up from her desk, left her own office and walked to Karen’s doorway.

“What’s the matter, Karen? Did Mack forget to be self righteous this morning?” she asked, smiling coquettishly. But Karen’s answering, fierce look, told Abby whatever the hell was going on, was serious!

Karen threw her purse down on her desk and faced Abby.

“Ben has been arrested. For rape!”

Abby’s mouth dropped open!

“What? Where? When?”

“In his own home! Lucy is accusing him…”

LUCY!” Abby snapped. “That’s a joke, right?”

“Why would I joke about something like that?”

Abby began to massage her temples and Karen tilted her head.

“Why are you reacting as if you’re the one that was accused of a crime?” Karen asked sarcastically. Abby gave her a dirty look!

“Because little Miss Ewing has been giving me hell out at the ranch since she arrived! Olivia’s principal wanted to meet with me. Lucy took it upon herself to go in my place by claiming to be me! Then she told Principal Donner that the reason Olivia was smoking pot, was because their family was falling apart! Apparently ‘I’ refused to share the same bed with my husband unless I split Jock’s inheritance with her! Can you believe that little wretch would tell someone something like that???”

Karen eyed her.

“Is it true?”

“Of course it’s not true! God, Karen!”

“I’m sorry. I just can’t believe how different she is now. She seemed like a typical teenager before.”

“Karen, everyone is treating her like she is still one! She isn’t and until Gary understands that, there will be many more ‘rape allegations’ and such! What can I do for Ben?”

“The only thing that can be done is to get Lucy to take back the accusation.” Karen sighed.

“Val could get her to do it.” Abby said. “I’ll call Gary and see what he knows…”

A knock on Karen’s door interrupted their conversation. A very handsome, blonde man looked in, dressed in a suit.

“Hello. I’m sorry for interrupting. I was using one of your meeting rooms and someone told me that you know my ex wife.” Mitch said, looking at Abby. Abby stared at him with interest, but could not place him.

But Karen could. Val had brought back pictures from Lucy’s wedding to this man, a few years ago.

“You’re Mitch. Mitch Cooper.” Karen said before looking at Abby. “Lucy’s ex-husband.”

Abby now smiled at Mitch, who was much too good for the likes of Lucy, from what she could see.

SOUTHERN CROSS RANCH-

Clayton had been kind enough to let her use his study for her writing. He whole heartedly supported her new book. He also whole heartedly supported the idea of exposing Alexis’s lie about Gary and Sue Ellen. What people didn’t quite realize though, was that Clayton was not in love with her.

Clayton was in love with Sue Ellen. And Valene worried for him with regards to J.R..

People also wondered how in the world Valene even knew Clayton? She knew Clayton through Lillie Mae, who at one time, worked for the Farlow’s. And she hadn’t been very good at her job. Valene didn’t like to talk about it because it embarrassed her. Lillie Mae had not only, not cooked and cleaned very well back in the day, but she had helped herself to things of the Farlow’s, when the two of them had trouble making ends meet.

If Clayton noticed any of this, he never said. Clayton’s late wife, Amy, had been a kind woman who was gone too soon from this Earth. She never said a word about how bad a worker her mother had been. And Valene always suspected that was because they were concerned for her.

She was about to pick up the phone and call Bobby, to ask him if he could get Alexis’s phone number from J.R.. Valene knew she should have been confident enough to ask J.R. herself, but she just couldn’t. That and he was a man that crushed people’s plans and dreams. She had no way of really knowing if he actually cared about disproving this hurtful rumor that had haunted Gary and his wife for too long now.

But just as Val was about to pick up the phone, it rang! Valene answered.

“Hello?”

There was a pause before Gary said hello back.

“Gary? What’s happened? Why are you calling?”

Gary, who had been standing when he placed the call, slowly sat down on a nearby sofa.

“Val, I wish I was calling because I just wanted to say ‘hi’ or something like that. But I’m not. Ben was arrested today. If you know all of this then I’ll just hang up…”

“What?!” Val asked, shocked. “No I didn’t know that! Ben and I aren’t on speaking terms. We’re…”

“I know with the babies coming, you two aren’t in a good place. But Val…Val, he’s been arrested for trying to rape Lucy. She is heading to the station now to press charges against him.”

There was a very long pause.

“Val? Are you still there?”

“Ben tried to rape Lucy?” Val asked in a hoarse tone.

“Honey, Lucy went over to the house to pick up some things for you. Ben was there and they got into an argument. Lucy confronted him about those stories he had been writing. Things got out of hand after that and Lucy ended up running into the street…naked, to get away from him.”

“I can’t believe that. I can’t believe Ben would do something to harm someone I loved! He knows how important Lucy is to me! I just can’t…I need to come home.”

“Yes, Val, I think you do. But I don’t want you going back to that house. I want you to stay at the ranch.”

“You want me to stay on the ranch? With Abby and you?”

“Lucy is here. And her friend Ann. And you love Olivia and Brian. We will make it work. But Val, I didn’t know Ben was writing those tabloid stories about Sue Ellen and myself. Lucy had every right to confront him on that. I think he got angry that he had been outed and attacked her. Ben is going to want to see you.”

“I knew he was writing the stories. I confronted him and left so I could have time to myself. I told Lucy, but maybe I shouldn’t have. I couldn’t have dreamed she would have confronted him.”

“Val, just come home. I will pick you up from the airport. Lucy and I will pick you up. Let’s just make sure that Ben doesn’t get away with this, okay? Lucy needs us. More than she ever has before.” Gary told her.

“Alright, Gary. I’ll come home.” she told him, just as the front door opened and Ann walked in.

“Let me know when you’re coming in. I have to break the news to Lucy’s friend, Ann.”

“Oh no! She is so sensitive, Gary. She and her poor Mama are barely making ends meet and she cares about Lucy.”

“I can see that. I’ll break it to her gently.” Gary said and hung up. He was startled when the phone rang again!

“Ewing residence.”

“Hello, I am calling for Miss Ann Smith.”

“Who may I ask is calling?” Gary asked. The woman sounded old.

“This is Sister Mary Sarah from the Sisters of St. Peter.”

“Oh. Well she’s right here. I’ll get her.” Gary said and set down the phone.

“Ann?” Gary called to her. “There is a Sister Mary Sarah on the phone for you.”

“Oh! Yes, I will take it. Thank you!” Ann beamed and walked over to take the phone from him. Gary tried not to look surprised. A nun was calling for Lucy’s friend? God, this was going to make telling her about Lucy all the more difficult! Gary left the area and Ann got on the phone.

“Hello, Sister!”

“Well hello there yourself, darlin’!”

Ann gasped!

“Harris! You should be ashamed of yourself! Impersonating a nun! I’m hanging up!”

“Oh now! Come on! I’m sorry. How else was I going to talk to you? You’re hiding from me, Annie.”

“No I am not!” Ann said firmly. “Now I have told you that I am not interested in your…your…”

“My what?” Harris asked curiously. He was in his office at Ryland Transportation and this conversation was the most interesting one he had had all week!

“I am hanging up!”

“Now Annie! I just called to tell you that you can forget going to that nunnery. I called the real Sister Mary Sarah and told her we were secretly married!”

Ann felt herself pass out.

Moments later, she awoke and Gary and Lucas, one of the ranch hands, were slapping her hands and trying to get her to drink water! Gary was livid!

“Ann, I swear, I would have never given you that phone if I knew it was a practical joke!” Gary barked. Ann looked at him quizzically, then looked over at ‘Lucas’. Matthew was not happy about it himself.

“Ann,” Matthew said softly, “there was a guy on the phone saying your name when you fainted. I told him not to call back here and hung up. Was it an obscene phone call?”

Meanwhile in Dallas, Harris was horrified! Something had happened to Ann while they were on the phone and then some man yelled at him to hang up! He needed to get to California right away!

Harris would tell his mother that he was going there to see Lucy, of course.

BEVERLY HILLS RITZ-

An hour later, Lucy walked into the lobby carrying her purse under her arm and looking around. She finally went to the front desk and asked where the presentation for ‘Zeus Software’ was being held. Once she was pointed in the right direction, she walked to the given door, peered into semi darkness, then stepped in and found a seat.

As she sat down and made herself comfortable, Abby and Mitch entered the hotel…

Meanwhile, the Zeus presentation was winding down, thank god, because Lucy had been close to falling asleep! The lights came on and everyone stood up, ready to go up to Charles and either ask him a question, invite him someplace or just suck up in general. Lucy waited until the room cleared to approach him.

Charles smiled down at her with interest.

“Well hello…I’m sorry, you don’t have a name tag. What company are you from?”

“Oh I’m not from a company. I’m a college student. Business.”

“Oh. Which school?” he asked. Lucy could not help but take in how sophisticated he sounded.

“University of Texas-Dallas.”

“Really? What brings you to California?”

“Well,” Lucy said, lowering her voice, “I really came here to connect with my birth mother. She had given me up for adoption years ago. Her name used to be Abby Fairgate. But she’s since remarried…”

“Abby Fairgate. She’s Abby Ewing now, right?” Charles asked carefully.

“Yes. Anyway, she told me how you got her pregnant and then left her because you were married…”

Charles almost choked, looking Lucy up and down!

“What are you saying?!”

“What do you think I’m saying, ‘Daddy’. Look, when my mother gave me up, I went to a good family. The Ewings adopted me. And…”

“Alright,” Charles interrupted, “I don’t know what kind of game you’re playing but I don’t like it! Now I know for a fact that Abby is married to Gary Ewing. So you’re saying Abby married into your adoptive family?”

“Yes.” Lucy said without batting an eyelash. “And she did it to get me back. Or to get to know me. Look, I had a family. A good one. But Mom has never been able to forget you. Your lost love haunts her still.”

Charles’s eyes raked over her.

“You don’t look like her. And you look like no one in my family.”

“I look like my Uncle Sid. God rest his soul.”

“No you do not.” Charles said sardonically. “Not one bit and I remember what HE looked like. What is your game here, Miss Ewing?”

Damn! Lucy thought.

“Alright. Abby is my step mother. And we’re actually quite close. She told me a story about how you couldn’t marry her because you had to marry someone else that was more to your family’s liking. She’s having a really hard time, Charles, because she did actually have your baby. Her name is Ann and I was just thinking that Abby and Ann, need closure. You would like to see Abby again, wouldn’t you?” Lucy asked coquettishly.

Charles smiled and moved closer to her.

“Maybe. Or maybe I would like to see you. In better light. In my suite upstairs.” Charles said, reaching out and entwining some of her hair within his fingers.

“Oh. Well we could that too.” Lucy smiled back.

Meanwhile, upstairs in Mitch Cooper’s suite, Abby impaled herself repeatedly upon Mitch’s thick penetration, until Mitch took over and rolled her onto her back, slamming into her until Abby screams and guttural cries could probably be heard out in the hallway or even from next door! When their lovemaking ended, Mitch and Abby lay sandwiched together in his bed and she ran her fingers down his chest.

“Would I be out of line if I told you that I thought you were too good for Lucy?” she asked softly and began to nibble on his ear.

“My sister Afton said that quite often, so no.” Mitch said sardonically, smiling. But he knew he shouldn’t be. Smiling. Or enjoying what he had just done with his ex wife’s step-mother. This had been wrong.

Abby pulled her tongue from his ear and stared at him.

“I know that look. Guilt. Though I have not seen it in awhile.” she mused.

“You’re right. It’s guilt and…awe. You have the most beautiful eyes.” Mitch said.

“More beautiful than Lucy’s?” Abby asked coquettishly.

“Let’s not go down that road.” Mitch replied, covering his lips with her own. Unfortunately, this would not be their last tryst. And their new relationship would make an already bad situation, much worse.

K

Karin Schill

Interesting update. But things sure are complicated with Mitch and Abby and Charles and Lucy!

I look forward to when Val comes back to California and sees Gary and Lucy.

Is Ann really Abby's daughter or are Lucy lying?

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucy is lying. There will be more on that tomorrow. I post updates mostly on weekends since I work all week. But I've written ahead on this one.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 4

Charles Scott had a penthouse suite, many floors about Mitch’s room.

Lucy’s feet dug into the mattress as she endured each one of Charles’s tyrannical thrusts. She yelped and bucked against him until she was soon lost in a tidal wave of desire. Lucy had to fight through a haze of almost suffocating passion, and she clutched at him as the room spun for longer than it should have, before their tryst ended.

Charles disentangled himself from her and got out of bed, uncaring of his nudity. He walked to a bar and fixed two drinks before padding back over to the bed. But Lucy was sitting up and shook her head at the drink offer.

“Now that we have gotten to know one another better, why don’t you tell me why you have come to me, Lucy Ewing?”

Lucy cut her eyes away from his briefly.

“I don’t know what you mean. I told you that I’m here for Abby and Ann.”

“I have no child by Abby. You don’t think I kept up with such a delectable woman such as her…”

Lucy jumped out of bed, walked over to him and slapped him! Shocked, Charles looked around for a robe and put it on!

“May I ask what I did to earn that?”

“How dare you call her delectable?! You make me sick!” Lucy huffed and began looking around for her clothes. But Charles slowly pulled her into his arms.

“There, there now. Soothe your ruffled fur. All I was saying was that Abby or her brother, would have come to me if she had been pregnant.”

“She had pride and she wanted to go to college. She couldn’t raise a baby alone.”

“Lucy, are you really going to keep up this preposterous lie? Or are you going to tell me why you’re really here?”

Lucy managed to put on half of her dress before she sat down on the end of the bed. She then looked up at Charles.

“I heard her telling someone about you. No you do not have a daughter by her. And no, I don’t like her. But it was the way she spoke about you. Charles, she would have you back in her life in an instant if the chance were possible. I think what happened between you, shaped her life. It hardened her. I was curious to see what a man like that was like.” Lucy said, realizing that she was half telling the truth.

Charles slowly sat down on the end of the bed as well.

“I was weak back then. My family forced me to marry someone that was more my class and I couldn’t stand up to them. If I had married Abby I would have been left penniless. You come from that sort of family. Surely you know what I mean?”

Lucy shook her head slowly.

“My grandfather never forced men down my throat. I could marry who I wanted.”

“Then you were most fortunate. And yes, I would love to see Abby again.” he said softly. Lucy stared at him. She hadn’t liked how his voice got soft when he said Abby’s name! God, why did she care? What happened between them had been a one time thing, right?

But she had to stick to her plan. Her parents were the focus here.

“Then come to dinner. Tonight.” Lucy said, standing up and fixing her dress. Charles stood up and lowered it, watching it drop to the floor again around Lucy’s ankles. His lips found hers and soon, they were on the bed and he was inside of her, again, probing deeply within her with primal ferocity.

Abby felt like whistling as she got out of her car at the ranch. A whiff of animal muck filled her senses but she honestly did not mind.

Mitch Cooper had made her not mind.

She walked into the house and all of that changed…

“Where were you?!” Gary snapped. She had not even had a chance to set down her purse before Gary was all over her with questions! Abby took a deep breath and set her purse down on a table in the foyer.

“I was at work.”

“No you weren’t. Your secretary said you went to lunch with someone. A man. Hours ago. Then I called Karen and she said you left there with Mitch Cooper!”

“Mitch had a medical seminar at Lotus Point. I said hello to him and then went to lunch. Then I stopped by Olivia’s school. Your daughter impersonated me during a parental conference, did you know that, Gary?”

Gary folded his arms.

“When was this? Days ago?”

“Maybe.”

“And you’re bringing this up to me now instead of telling me where you were?”

“I was at Olivia’s school! What is wrong with you? Why were you looking for me anyway?” Abby asked crossly.

“Ben Gibson tried to rape Lucy.”

“Oh. Yes, Karen told me about that. Is Ben out on bail?”

“Ben has been let go because Lucy never went down to press charges. Mack made that happen. Lucas swore he dropped her off at the police station but they haven’t seen her.”

“Gary, she didn’t go down there, because she wasn’t really willing to take it this far.”

Gary blinked.

“Excuse me?” he asked in a frosty tone.

“Ben no more tried to rape her than he would me! Or any woman! Lucy wanted both of us out of the way so Val and you can get back together! This is all that this is about!”

Gary ignored that.

“Val is coming back from Texas and I’ve invited her to stay here.”

Abby stared.

“I’m sorry…I don’t think I quite caught that…”

“Oh yes you did. Val is coming here to stay! I won’t have her living in that house that my daughter was almost raped in! Now we are going to act as a family and support Lucy. And if you can’t Abby, then maybe you should go to whoever you were with during your ‘lunch’!”

Abby slapped him! If Gary looked surprised or hurt, he did not show it. He didn’t even rub his cheek.

“I’ll let you know when Val’s plane gets in. I need to find my daughter. Clearly she was too scared to press charges. And now she’s wandering around, scared to come home.”

Abby decided to say nothing as Gary hurried upstairs. Matthew came in through a side door and Abby looked at him, really looked at him, for the first time.

“Lucas? Can I have a word with you?”

Matthew didn’t especially want to talk to her, but he was polite.

“Sure.”

“Gary said you took Lucy to the police station this afternoon. Did you go in with her?”

“She didn’t want me to.” was Matthew’s answer. Abby could understand that. Lucy didn’t know Lucas very well. But something was just off. Lucas drove Lucy to the police station and then, maybe, Lucy waited until he left and caught a cab someplace else? But where? And after all of this time?

“I’m sure you know by now that Lucy did not press charges like she was supposed to. No one saw her down at the police station at all. Clearly she went inside for your benefit, then left again.”

“Oh.” Matthew replied, mustering up surprise. “Gary hadn’t said anything to me about it. With what happened to poor Ann…”

“Ann? What about her?” Abby asked and Matthew hoped this episode with Ann would get the witch off of his back!

“Well she was on the phone with a nun, or so we thought. I came in here and found her passed out on the floor. I picked up the receiver and some man was on the line. Your husband said that the caller had told him she was a nun. That she had sounded like an old lady. Whatever this man said, shook her up.” Matthew told her.

“Where is she?” Abby asked.

“She’s with your kids in the den, helping them with their homework.” Matthew said, trying to keep the judgement out of his voice. Abby nodded to him and walked off towards the den. Suddenly, something made her stop and look back at Lucas. He had been staring at her and his expression was odd, though Abby could not quite place it. She turned her gaze from his and headed towards the den.

When she got there, Brian was working on a report. Ann looked like she was reading a book and Olivia was watching TV!

“Olivia?” Abby asked. “Where is your homework?”

“Oh this is it. I have to read a ’Tale of Two Cities’.” Ann looked over at her!

“Olivia? You told me your teacher told you to watch that. You never said you were supposed to read anything.”

“Olivia, find your copy of that book and read it in your room. Brian, I need for you to finish your work in your own room as well. I need to talk to Ann.”

Brian did what he was told without comment, grabbing a cookie off a plate that was on a nearby table. Olivia was a little slower and Abby could tell she was curious about what was going on.

“Michael called and said that Mr. Gibson did something to Lucy? Is that true?” Olivia asked. Ann looked away and Abby answered.

“We’ll discuss it later, okay?”

Olivia sighed and left the room. Abby closed the den doors before turning to face Ann.

“Are you alright? Lucas said you got an obscene phone call that caused you to faint?”

Ann slowly stood up.

“Harris called. He told me that he told the Sister that is looking over my application, that we were secretly married! I’m hoping he was kidding but the way he said it, I felt as if my future has slipped away with his words.”

“Ann, I will make some calls. I’m sure he was just kidding. And he probably doesn’t know you fainted. He has to be very concerned.”

“How is Lucy?” Ann asked, changing the subject. She didn’t want to talk about Harris Ryland or his panting lust!

“I haven’t seen her and Gary is concerned. Apparently she never went to the police station to press charges.” Abby said, just as the sound of the front door opening, got their attention. Gary came running down the stairs as Lucy walked in followed by Charles!

Abby walked into the foyer and stopped short! Ann was behind her, staring at Lucy questioningly. Matthew was still in the foyer and he figured that this stranger had something to do with sticking it to Abby.

“Lucy? Where were you today? You did not go to the police station even though Lucas dropped you off there.” Gary said in a hard tone. He slowly walked down the stairs to confront her.

“Daddy, I couldn’t do it! As soon as Lucas dropped me off, I left. I took a cab and just wandered around downtown. I was in a mall when I ran into Charles here, who offered to give me a ride here.”

Abby’s eyes locked on Charles’s, before she looked at Lucy.

“You just happened to meet Charles here in a mall? Since when do you shop in malls?”

Gary looked at Abby, then at Charles.

“I take it you know my wife?”

Charles smiled at Abby before addressing Gary.

“Yes. We were very well acquainted in our youth.” was his reply. Matthew felt like snorting! That was quite a fancy way of saying that he used to have sex with Gary’s wife! And somehow, Miss Lucy had found out about that.

Gary looked from Charles to Lucy.

“And you two just met in a mall?”

“No. I was crying and Charles here asked me if he could help. We began talking and time got away from us.”

Gary felt his head begin to pound!

“Lucy, tomorrow I am taking you to the police station to press charges against Ben, myself. Are we clear?”

“Yes, Daddy.”

“Good. Mr…”

“Scott.” Charles told him.

Gary closed the distance between them and shook his hand.

“Thank you for bringing my daughter home. Abby can see you out.”

“Actually,” Lucy said, “I was hoping Charles could stay for dinner.”

Ann felt her whole body tighten! Abby had once been in love with this man that Lucy had spent the afternoon with! It was clear from the expression on Abby’s face! And she could see by the look on Lucy’s, that she was very aware of it! No! She did not want this Charles guy to stay for dinner! Ann decided she would eat in her room. For safety’s sake!

Abby chimed in.

“I think that’s a wonderful idea. Charles, I hate that you’ve been dragged into our family problems, but I think we all need to discuss the next step we should take against Lucy’s attacker, as a family. And Lucy has taken such a liking to you. You don’t mind staying for dinner, do you?” she asked in a falsetto voice.

God, Matthew thought, this was bad. Really, really, bad!

“Abby. Lucy. I am sure Charles does not want to stay for dinner and listen to our problems. And Ann probably doesn’t want to hear that sort of thing over the dinner table, either. Again, it was nice meeting you, Mr. Scott. Lucy, I need to see you in the den and…oh, you might want to call Mitch later on. Abby said he was at Lotus Point looking for you.”

Hearing Mitch’s name was not something Lucy expected in this scenario. She looked at Abby.

“Mitch was at Lotus Point?”

Abby walked over to her and whispered in her ear.

“Yes. He is staying at the Beverly Hills Ritz. The sheets in his room are extra soft.” she whispered coolly, before pulling away from Lucy and looking around at everyone.

“I was just giving Lucy a private message from Mitch. It was for her ears only.” Abby smiled. But it was all Lucy could do not to grab Abby by the throat and squeeze until there was nothing left for this witch to breathe! Abby had slept with Mitch! Mitch had slept with Abby! And in the same hotel she herself had slept with Charles in!

Before Lucy could even react, the doorbell rang! Matthew was close to the door so he went over and opened it.

Val was standing there with a suitcase. And standing behind her was Harris Ryland.

Val was not up to eating dinner and just wanted to talk to Lucy about Ben. Lucy was not really in the mood to retell her Ben lie, but she took herself firmly in hand and told herself that she was almost rid of the two people that were coming between her parents.

Because Gary’s ‘ranch’ was not Southfork, there were not a lot of extra bedrooms. Lucy insisted Val stay in her room with her. She was down in the kitchen, preparing her mother something to eat, despite her protestations about not being hungry. She had to eat. Though she would not want to once she heard the ‘story’.

Matthew slipped into the kitchen…

“I take it with your mother here, you-know-who will be leaving soon?” Matthew asked. Lucy looked around and answered.

“I want you to take Abby out of here tonight. I’m going to talk to Harris and have him call his mother to make sure she’s ready for her ‘guest’.”

Matthew nodded.

“Just tell me when.” he said and slipped out of the kitchen again. Meanwhile, in the dining room, Gary was sizing up Harris, whom he didn’t like. He didn’t like him for Lucy either. And he could not help but notice that Lucy had barely looked his way. Nor did Mr. Ryland seem overly concerned about Lucy’s trauma.

But Matthew noticed something. The more he listened to Ryland talk, the more convinced he was that he was the obscene caller that made Ann faint! He watched Ann, who looked distinctly uncomfortable at the table. He wanted to help the poor young woman, but he didn’t have the time. He needed to get to the stables. He planned on carrying Abby out of here in a cloth bag he had over there.

“Well anyway,” Harris was saying, “I just happened to see Val at the airport and I told Clayton I was on my way here to see Lucy. So I just took her along on my plane instead. I’m just sorry that we’re here under these circumstances. Charles, it’s a good thing you were there for Lucy today.”

“Yes.” Charles said, eyeing Abby. Abby glanced at Ann, who excused herself and left the table.

“You know,” Abby said, “Ann is sensitive. She has told me she would like to become a nun. I don’t think talk of attempted rape is appropriate at the dinner table.”

“I agree.” Gary said, “I’ll find her and apologize.”

“No, no, Mr. Ewing, I am the one that’s been chattering all night. I will find Annie and apologize.” Harris said, quickly pushing back his chair and leaving. Charles watched the young man leave before looking at Abby and Gary again.

“I must take my leave. That and it looks as if your household will be full for awhile. Especially with your ex-wife living here as well. She looks to be expecting?” Charles asked.

Abby said nothing. Gary answered.

“The man that tried to rape Lucy is the father of her mother’s child. Or children. She’s having twins. I just want everyone to be safe. We all do.” Gary said, trying to catch Abby’s eye. But she would not look at him. She could not believe how much she had lost control over her whole household. First her household and then her marriage. Lucy was winning and she had to stop her somehow. If she didn’t, Val and her babies would be living here for good!

“That sounds like a sensible plan.” Charles said, standing up. Abby found her voice.

“I’ll walk you out.” she said and the two left the dining room. They did not speak again until they were outside next to his car.

“What an interesting life you found for yourself, Abby Fairgate.” Charles said, reaching out to touch some of her hair. Abby did not stop him.

“You shouldn’t be here. And you’re giving her a fake alibi, Charles. Ben Gibson never went anywhere near her. Stop helping her.”

“We were together today. That is true.”

“I’m sure it is. I need to get back inside.” Abby said, removing his hand from her hair.

“Let me take some of the chill out of our parting. I am not here to hurt you. And Ms. Ewing does not stand a chance against you. But let me give you some help, since I gave her some: that ranch hand of yours is a wanted criminal.”

Abby’s eyes widened!

“What? What did you say?”

“Yes. The fact that your husband is unaware of it, shows just how slow he is.”

“What do you mean? Lucas is in trouble with the law?”

“Good Lord, Abby! That’s Matthew Blaisdel! The only reason I know who he is, is because my company did business with Denver Carrington, updating their computers in their offices. Blaisdel at one point, used us for a small business he was operating. Blake Carrington’s late wife, actually helped Blaisdel foot the bill with us. That’s why I remembered him. I could not believe he was allowing another man’s wife to pay the bill.”

“He’s wanted in Florida!” Abby exclaimed. She then realized that Lucy had to know who ‘Lucas’ was as well. Charles could see his ex lover was putting two and two together.

“I would be careful, my dear. Mr. Blaisdel did not find his way onto your husband’s ranch without help.” he told her, before giving her a surprise, unexpected kiss. He then got into his car and drove off.

Abby stared at his retreating vehicle, ignoring how her lips still tingled from his kiss, before turning to look at the house. Information was power. Or in Lucy Ewing’s case, it would be the end of her!

K

Karin Schill

Great update. Lots of drama going on at the ranch. I am glad Charles warned Abby about Matthew.

Lucy and Abby are both annoyed with each other for sleeping with a man they consider is theirs.

I wonder what will happen next?

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 5

It was after midnight and more than a few of the people under Gary Ewing’s roof, had not quite went to sleep yet.

Lucy had told Val her version of the events of the day, then urged her mother to forget about Ben. She then changed the subject. They were both lying in her queen sized bed, whispering in the darkness.

“Daddy is so insistent that you stay here, Mama! You can’t leave!”

“Baby, I’m being disrespectful to Abby.”

“Abby understands! Has she told you to leave?”

“Not with words. But her eyes told me a different story.” Val said sarcastically.

“It doesn’t matter because this is Daddy’s house and he wants us both here.”

“Okay, okay. We’ll see.” Val said, reaching out to touch Lucy’s hair. “But I am going with you and your daddy to the police station. I want to be there with you when you press charges.”

Oddly, Lucy felt a quiver of guilt in that moment. Maybe it was the way her mother had sounded or something else. But it was the first time it really hit her that she was indeed lying and that she could ruin someone. J.R. never lost a moment’s sleep over doing stuff like this. Why was it bothering her?

“Lucy? What’s wrong?” Val asked, seeing the hesitation on her face in the darkness.

“It’s Lillie Mae,” Lucy lied, “I know we’re not close but she was just awful, Mama! She didn’t even try and believe me!”

Val pulled Lucy into her arms and held her.

“You let me worry about Mama. Tomorrow we’re going to get this whole thing cleared up.”

The door to their room suddenly opened and Harris, who was wearing a robe, coughed and excused himself!

“I am so sorry, ladies. I thought this was the bathroom.”

Val, who had spent a plane ride with this man and was sure he was wrong for Lucy, answered.

“Your room doesn’t have a bathroom in it?”

“His room does.” Lucy said coolly and pulled away from Val and got up. She walked over to the door, pushed Harris out and closed it behind her.

“Did you call your mother?” Lucy whispered.

“Yes. And your message made no sense to me. What does my mother have to ‘get ready’?”

“Never mind that. Just stop prowling around here, okay?” she said suggestively, running her fingers on his bare chest that was visible through his robe.

“Is this your way of telling me you’re going to finally show me some attention? Tonight?”

“I’m sharing a room with my mother, Harris! She’s pregnant! What kind of a perv…”

“You know damned well I was talking about your coming to my room, little girl!”

“When Mama goes to sleep, I’ll be in.” Lucy smiled, touching one finger to Harris’s lips, before easing back into her room. Harris rolled his eyes! He didn’t expect to see Lucy Ewing in his bed on this night or any other. His mother and her were up to something with regards to Abby Ewing. And whatever was going on, he was just going to do as he was told and keep his mouth shut!

And no, he had not been looking for Lucy when he accidentally came into her room! He was looking for Annie’s room, damnit! There was one last room on the end there that he knew she had to be in!

Harris eased down the hallway and touched the knob on the door. He slowly turned it and found Annie in bed, asleep. She had been reading and the book was about to fall out of her hands. Harris slowly eased the door closed, locking it. He then went to her, pulled the book out of her hands and looked at it, expecting it to be some religious something or another.

But it was not. It was some trashy, historical novel about a pirate kidnapping some woman and forcing her into marriage! Harris sat down on the side of her bed as she slumbered and looked at the page she had been on. Ann had been writing in it…

Pirate could be Harris? Maybe? I could be Victoria…could grow my hair out longer…that sexual position looks like it could hurt…

Harris decided to do some writing in the book himself! He then looked around for a bookmark and set the book on her night table. He turned off of her lamp and climbed into bed with her. He laid there in the darkness for a short while, before moving closer to her. It was that movement that woke her up!

Ann squeaked when she saw him!

“Harris Ryland!” she hissed in a whisper. “You leave my room at once!”

“Now sugar, don’t be like that! It’s chilly and I was looking for an extra blanket. You have two.”

“I need them both!”

“I realize that! I thought we could share. Annie, the blanket I was given isn’t even good enough for a dog. The nun in you should have some compassion for someone that’s cold!”

Ann sat up and turned on her lamp!

“How could you tell the Sister that we were married? How? I trusted you! I thought you understood my life calling!”

Harris sighed.

“I understand that you don’t know what you want to do. And I understand that you have a responsibility to your mother. What would she do if you left to become a nun? Who would look after her?”

Ann said nothing. Harris continued on.

“I haven’t called anyone to ruin your nunnin’ career. But we do have a problem: I don’t see how we can see each other if you become one.”

Ann could not help but smile.

‘Nunnin’? That’s what you’re calling it?”

“What else do you want me to call it? BS?”

“Harris,” Ann said calmly, “I will be married to God. I can’t date anyone.”

“Yeah well that doesn’t sit right with me. So I have a counter proposal: Lucy and you are business majors. We have internships at Ryland Transportation. Try that for a year. And if you don’t like it, you can become a nun and I won’t say squat about it.”

Ann looked at him carefully.

“You’ll stay out of my life if I give your internship a year?”

“No. I said I won’t say squat about it.”

Ann didn’t respond to that and Harris reached out to caress her arm. But Ann snatched it away!

“Abby and Charles couldn’t be together because his family wanted him to marry someone like him. You’re going to marry Lucy. We can’t be together.”

Harris smiled.

“Now that’s the kind of talk I like to hear. Words with ‘we’ and ‘together’.”

“Your mother would never allow it.”

“If I told you that I will deal with her, will you forget the nunnin’ and maybe let me stay here tonight?”

“Well, I suppose. I mean if you’re really cold?” Ann asked grudgingly, thinking of the pirate story she had been reading.

“I am, darlin’. I am seconds from catching pneumonia. Now why don’t you turn off that light and come here.”

Some noise awakened Val in the early hours of the morning. She eased out of bed, careful not to wake Lucy and padded over to the door. She opened it a bit and looked up and down the hallway. There was a lone, hall light on.

She then heard the sound of a door closing down below. It sounded as if someone had wanted to be quiet. Val looked back in the room at the clock Lucy had on one of the night tables. It read 4:06 A.M.. Maybe Gary had gotten up to tend to the animals?

Val was awake now and couldn’t sleep. She slipped out of the room and headed towards the stairs. She was going to head to the kitchen and see if she could hunt up something to eat. She felt bad, rummaging through Gary and Abby’s house like this, but she hoped they wouldn’t be offended.

She hoped Gary would think it was alright and…

Val screamed!

For at the bottom of the steps, sprawled out looking dead, was Abby! Val’s screams woke everyone and Gary came running, saw his wife and hurried down the stairs to her! Lucy came out of her room, saw Abby and immediately knew that something had went wrong with Matthew’s abduction of her! She looked around and saw Harris coming out of Ann’s room! What the hell???

Ann followed and avoided Lucy’s eyes, before squeaking at the sight of Abby! Harris put his arms around her and Lucy half glared at them both, before she followed her mother down the stairs to find out if Abby was dead or what.

“Lucy, call an ambulance! She’s still alive! My God! She must have tripped and fell in the middle of the night!” Gary hissed. Val knelt with him.

“She’s going to be okay, Gary, you’ll see!” she said, rubbing on his arm. Lucy very slowly walked to the phone and called an ambulance. What the hell was she going to tell Judith Ryland now?

Hours later, Gary and Val sat at Los Angeles Memorial Hospital, waiting for word. Lucy’s problems were forgotten and for that, Lucy herself was slightly relieved. She was now thinking of a way to not actually press charges against Ben, without looking like a liar to her parents. The police arrived and told them that one of Gary’s staff, ‘Lucas’ could not be found.

Mack and Karen arrived also…

“What happened?” Mack asked in a no nonsense tone. He was addressing Gary. Karen gave Lucy a hard look, before hugging Val.

“How are you holding up? Did you see Abby fall?”

Val pulled Karen away down a hall and spoke.

“No. I got up to go down to the kitchen and she was just lying at the bottom of the steps! No one heard anything during the night! And the police don’t seem to think it was an accident. She has two bruises on her face and some skin under her nails. They think she ran into an attacker.”

“Oh my God!” Karen breathed. Val stared at her.

“What?” Karen asked.

“I hope Ben didn’t do this.” Val said softly.

“Oh my God, Val! Tell me you didn’t just say that to me!”

But Val’s expression hardened!

“What am I supposed to think, Karen? My daughter is almost raped by a man I once loved! In my home. Gary asks me to stay at the ranch, Abby is attacked in the middle of the night and apparently she fought someone off! What if it was Ben looking for Lucy?”

“Ben was at home last night.” Karen said stoutly.

“All night?”

“Val, I don’t know! I didn’t watch his every move from across the way! Come on! You can’t believe he would do anything to harm anyone, could you? Seriously?”

“So Lucy is just a liar?”

“I think Lucy and Ben had a terrible misunderstanding. You know I talked to Lucy a little after it happened. She accused me of not doing enough to keep Abby from breaking Gary and you up. She didn’t want to talk about what Ben supposedly did to her. She wanted to talk about Gary and you.”

Val had no time to react to that, because Gary suddenly became loud!

“Matthew Blaisdel! Yes I know who he is…or I’ve heard of him! I wouldn’t hide a fugitive!”

“Well, Mr. Ewing,” the police detective said calmly, “that is exactly who this Lucas character really was. Apparently, Mr. Charles Scott knew this and informed your wife. Mr. Scott said he was under the impression that you were going to call the police.”

“But Mr. Scott didn’t tell me anything! He ate dinner with us and didn’t say a word about any of this!” Gary huffed. Mack, who knew the detectives, whispered something to them, and they both walked off in search of Abby’s doctor.

“Okay, Gary. It’s just me and you. It’s time to come clean.”

“Come clean about what, Mack? I didn’t know Lucas was anyone but Lucas!”

“I know you didn’t! But Blaisdel is wanted for shooting Adam Carrington down in Florida. He was living down there. And so was Lucy. You can’t tell me she had never seen him before?”

Gary folded his arms.

“Do you take me for a total fool, Mack? Alexis Barnes was my sister-in-law at one time so I think I know a little about the Carringtons and ‘Carrington History’. Blaisdel was obsessed with Blake Carrington’s wife. Actually from what I understand from Ray, he is obsessed with Blake’s second wife as well! Lucy was through with that family the minute Adam revealed himself to be a rapist! Jeez, Mack! Can you think about what my daughter has been through? She was unknowingly engaged to a sexual predator and then Ben turns out to be one? And to answer your question: no, I don’t believe Lucy knows Blaisdel! Why would she? Alexis was the one that brought him to Florida!”

Mack said no more and decided to back off. There would be no getting through to Gary when it came to Lucy. He would need irrefutable proof against his daughter. And if he wanted to save Ben, then Mack would have to find it.

“Okay. I’m sorry. How is Abby?”

“In a coma. My wife resembles Krystle and Constance Carrington. I think that’s what’s going on here. I also think he attacked her in the middle of the night and she fought him off. Now if there is nothing else…”

“Gary, Karen and I are here for you. And Val. We’re not trying to make your lives harder.”

“Then help us find Blaisdel. And try and see Lucy’s side of things.” Gary said before walking away. He found Lucy and Val and put his arms around them. Mack watched as Lucy closed her eyes and hugged both of her parents tightly. Karen joined him and watched them as well.

“What did Gary have to say?” Karen asked. “Val thinks that Ben could be the attacker.”

Mack focused on Lucy before turning to Karen.

“She didn’t press charges yesterday like she was supposed to. We need to find out why. This whole thing smells.”

“I know.” Karen agreed. But Mack had more to say.

“Look at that. They look like a family unit. Val is not with Ben and Abby is not with Gary.”

Karen looked away from the trio.

“What are you thinking?”

“I think that we not only need to find out where Lucy was yesterday, when she should have been at the police station, but we also need to find Matthew Blaisdel. I’d bet my life that he was working with Lucy to get rid of Abby somehow.” Mack said grimly.

“God, Mack, you think she would go that far? If she helped a fugitive get away then she is looking at legal trouble!”

“Karen, Blaisdel was on his way to a mental hospital when the car he was in crashed. The two deputies were killed and Matthew Blaisdel disappeared. Not a sign of him during a manhunt. Someone helped him get away and I’m looking at that someone right now.” Mack said, as he looked at Lucy again.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 6

DALLAS- A MONTH LATER

Back in Dallas, Judith Ryland was less than pleased. Less than pleased that the new whore she had been expecting, that would appeal to a certain clientele, was still in a coma!

Lucy had come back to Dallas to pack some things at Southfork. She planned on moving to California for good.

That too didn’t sit well with Judith. She decided that it was high time that Lucy and Harris set a wedding date. And she summoned both of them before her at the Ryland estate, just to make sure that they were all on the same page…

“Mother,” Harris said as he poured himself a drink, “if Lucy and you had just told me what you were really up to, I could’ve helped.”

“Really?” Judith answered sarcastically. “You’ve never liked that part of the business.”

“I never said I didn’t like it. I just don’t think we need to be doing that kind of thing anymore.” Harris replied as he sipped his drink. He then tore his gaze off of Judith and looked at Lucy.

“And Miss Lucy, if you had told me you were working with a criminal, I could have sent him on his way and got some of our men to take care of getting Abby out of there.” he told her. Lucy tolled her eyes and looked at Judith.

“I don’t know what you want me to do. I can’t make her come out of a coma.”

“You know,” Judith contemplated, “some of our clientele might pay a higher premium to copulate with a comatose woman. Why don’t you bring her here…”

“Mother!” Harris snapped. “No! Have you been keeping up? The police aren’t buying that Matthew Blaisdel just showed up in California! If Abby goes missing, it leads back to Lucy.”

Judith rubbed her throat.

“So you’re saying I’m not going to get my new whore?”

“No.” Lucy answered.

“Then I want the wedding I was expecting. I sent invitations over to Sue Ellen for her to look at.” Judith announced and it was all Lucy could do to not scream!

“You sent wedding invitations to Southfork?” Lucy asked, trying to stay calm. But Judith was anything but.

“I don’t know what kind of foolishness took place in that house, with her regards to your step-mother. But I do know that your raw boned looking friend tried to seduce my boy!”

Harris’s jaw tightened!

“Mother, Annie…”

ANNIE!” Judith almost screeched. “Annie is not part of your future, Harris, Lucy is! And you had better start acting like it!”

“And if I don’t?”

Judith grinned!

“Darlin’, I will contact the police working on Abby Ewing’s case and tell them that YOU told ME that ‘Annie’ accidentally ran into Abby in the dark, while getting up to get a drink of water!”

Lucy gasped and Judith turned to her.

“You should be thanking me. That was the clumsiest scheme I have ever seen hatched. Clearly you learned nothing from your Uncle J.R.. Now get out of my sight!” she snapped. Lucy jumped up and stomped out of the sitting room and out into the hallway! Harris hurried after her, just catching her as she stepped outside and began moving towards her car!

“Lucy,” Harris almost growled, grabbing her arm, “we need to find a way to work this out!”

Lucy snatched her arm from his!

“Work this out? Look, Harris, I still have things to settle in California!”

“Oh. You mean that rape lie you told? Didn’t you decide not to press charges?” he asked. Lucy nodded. Yes, that had been tricky. She had told Gary and Val that with Abby being comatose, she just didn’t want anymore trouble in their family. And she ‘suspected’ that Matthew might have become obsessed with her, just like he had been with Krystle and Constance. Lucy also swore up and down that she had only met him once and didn’t remember what he looked like.

Gary and Val believed her.

No one else did. Not even Mitch, who had become Abby’s doctor. And Lucy refused to leave things between them the way they were.

“California is over!” Harris snapped. “Now I won’t have Annie going to prison for something she didn’t do!”

“Then clear her, Harris! You were in her room so you know she didn’t get up and go anywhere!”

“She already told the police that she was asleep in her room alone! You know how she is…she’s sensitive about people knowing about stuff like that. I think she would rather go to prison than have her mother know she was with a man.”

Lucy said nothing at first.

Then she looked Harris in the eye and told him she was going to ask J.R. for help.

Lucy pulled into a parking space at Southfork, got out and didn’t get past the pool area, before Sue Ellen called out to her. She was wearing a bathing suit. J.R. was home from the office and he was reading the paper. Or pretending to. He wore bathing trunks. John Ross was still over by the breakfast table with one of the maids.

“Lucy, honey, could we speak to you for a moment?” Sue Ellen called out to her.

Lucy gritted her teeth. Sue Ellen and J.R. had clearly staked out their claim as the new ‘Jock and Miss Ellie’. Bobby didn’t care about such things but Fallon could not find her footing here, as Bobby’s wife. And Lucy knew that Fallon was a woman that was used to taking charge.

But Sue Ellen would never let that happen.

Lucy walked over and set her purse on a nearby patio table.

“Hey. What have you two been up to today?”

“Well, Lucy, we should be asking you that. Judith Ryland sent wedding invitations over. You haven’t said two words about any of this, nor have you even come to dinner with Harris. Did he propose when you were in California with him?”

“Sue Ellen, I need to talk to J.R.. Alone. About this whole thing. It’s a misunderstanding.”

Sue Ellen looked at J.R., who nodded to her. She got up from her chaise lounge chair and went to go sit with John Ross. Once she was gone, J.R. calmly set down his paper and looked at Lucy.

“Take a seat.” he said. Lucy sat in the chaise Sue Ellen had just vacated.

“J.R., I did some things, and I didn’t do them as well as you would.”

J.R. response to that was to burst out laughing! And he laughed for a long time. So long that he got up and got a drink, stopped laughing to sip it, then resumed laughing! By now, Lucy’s nerves were one edge!

“Could you stop laughing for a moment to listen to me? Do you want Sue Ellen to come back over here and wonder what’s so funny?”

J.R. tilted his head.

“Well the real question, darlin’, is do YOU want Sue Ellen to come over here and ask questions. Girl, I know everything about everyone in this family. That is how your granddaddy kept this family going and it’s how I intend to.”

“So, is that your way of telling me you know what I’ve done?”

“I know I’ve had to clean up after you. I know that your not pressing charges against that Gibson fella, wasn’t going to be enough. Not when you threw Blaisdel in the mix. I had to twist some arms to make the authorities believe that you were another one of his blonde victims. I also convinced them you were confused about Gibson…not that I had a problem with that. Not with the trash he helped spread about this family. I even convinced the police to back off of your friend, the cute, tall one. So that Ryland woman has nowhere to go without outing herself.”

Lucy was quiet. J.R. did not go to such lengths for the sake of family. He would want something.

“Okay. Thank you. Now what do I have to do?”

“You know, darlin’, whether you understand this or not, you already set things in motion. By going out and getting to know your worthless daddy again. And take that scowl off of your face. Gary would let someone pick the front and back of his pocket for a bottle of Muscatel. And your granddaddy knew that.”

Something was beginning to build up in Lucy. A distinct feeling of unease. And it was a feeling she got when something was about to be thrown at her out of left field. She could not guess what bomb J.R. was going to drop on her so she had no choice but to sit back and listen.

“Gary’s inheritance was limited to the interest on the trust for four years.”

Lucy shrugged.

“I was at the will reading. I remember it.” she said.

“Well there was a codicil.”

“I remember that too. It destroyed Pam and Bobby.”

“Well that was a good thing,” J.R. said dismissively, “but I’m talking about the other codicil.”

Lucy’s face lit up with surprise!

“Other codicil?”

“Bobby and I learned about it, once Bobby and I worked things out. Ole Harve Smithfield said he just felt so bad about what the first codicil did to our family, that he didn’t know what this one would do.”

Lucy slowly stood up.

“What was it?”

J.R. stood up as well.

“All Ewing sons got an extra twenty million. You get an extra ten when you turn thirty. But Gary…Gary’s extra twenty million is under your control, as his only child. And he gets it, if he does not touch a drop of liquor during the four years that he’s living off of the interest of the ten million. Have you seen him drinkin’, Lucy? At all? You have, haven’t you, darlin’?”

“Oh. My. God.” Lucy whispered. “You want me to say I have seen my daddy drinking and deny him that money?”

“Darlin’, you’ll get it when he doesn’t. Your daddy is worthless and what he was given was enough. More than enough.”

“What about Ray? Does he know about the money?”

“No. And I plan to make sure he doesn’t get his either. And that’s for not controlling that whore wife of his! She seduced your granddaddy while your grandmother lay dying upstairs here at Southfork! I won’t have Ray spending a dime on her.” J.R. said coolly.

“What if…if…my parents get back together and there are more children?” Lucy asked tentatively, thinking of the unborn twins.

“Why would there be more children?” J.R. asked suspiciously.

“My parents are finding their way back to one another. Abby may never recover.”

“That will named you, Lucy. So I will make sure that Mrs. Ryland understands that there will be no mergers between Ewing Oil and Ryland Transportation, and you make sure to put a drink in your daddy’s hand within the time frame we discussed, or be ready to just say you saw him drinkin’, do we understand one another?”

Lucy nodded. She had no intention of cheating her father. And she had a few years before any of that was set to happen. So she would pack and return to California to make sure that nothing else stood in the way of her parents reunion.

Ben Gibson moved out of Val’s house in Knot’s Landing and returned to his beach house. In it, he had a peg board of newspaper clippings featuring the Ewings, the Weldons and the Carringtons. He had just finished pinning a picture of Lucy up on it, when Mack knocked on his sliding glass door. Ben looked over and nodded for him to come in. Mack entered and slid it shut behind him. He then walked over and stared at the board.

“I’m going to ask you what your goal is here? Because this isn’t going to get you Val back.”

“Val didn’t believe in me. I don’t think we have anything left.” Ben said with a mixture of sadness and bitterness.

“Okay, I know things look bad…”

“Mack, if Diana accused you, falsely, of trying to rape her and Karen believed her…I mean could you forgive that?”

Mack rubbed his jaw and shook his head.

“Val and I are over. She is living out at Gary’s ranch and the two of them are just waiting for Abby to die so they can be together.”

“You know it’s not like that! Val actually cares about Abby, despite everything.”

Ben didn’t answer that. Mack looked at the ‘wall’.

“Okay, walk me through this. Maybe I can help.”

“Right now it’s just puzzle pieces.” Ben said, tapping his fingers on an old picture of Gary. The article said ‘Prodigal Son Returns to Southfork’. In the photo, Gary is with Lucy and Val.

“Okay, so what does that mean?” Mack asked.

“Val told me that Gary couldn’t take the pressure and started drinking again. He then ran off. J.R. threatened her and ran her off, leaving Lucy with some not so nice feelings about her parents.”

“Yeah, Karen told me something about that once. How does that fit in to now?”

“I think that was when Garrison was conceived.” Ben said somberly and Mack gaped!

“Jesus, Ben, don’t tell me you’re still chasing that theory! It’s not true and everyone knows it’s not!”

Ben picked up an old clipping and pinned it to the board. It was a picture of a nurse that had retired after 30 years of working in a Dallas hospital. Apparently, she had been part of the trauma team that had tried to save President Kennedy. Her name was Dorothy Smith.

“So what, Ben? This nurse knows something?”

“I have reason to believe that this nurse delivered the baby in secret.” Ben said, before pinning a picture of Ann up on the board as well. Mack squinted.

“Why does she look familiar?” he asked.

“She’s Lucy’s friend from Dallas. Her name is Ann Smith. She is Dorothy Smith’s daughter and I think they both know where Garrison Ewing is now. If I can prove he exists, then I will be vindicated! Mack, I can’t have people half believing that I might have done something to my fiancee’s daughter!”

“Okay Ben, so what do all of these other people have to do with anything?”

Ben pointed to a picture of Matthew Blaisdel.

“I think Lucy hired him to get rid of Abby but…” Ben’s trailed off.

“But what?”

“I’ve been following this whole thing. I mean starting with when Krystle Jennings married Blake Carrington. Blaisdel was married and there was no future for the two of them. Then Blaisdel’s wife and daughter die, in separate incidents and he re-appears, courtesy of Alexis Ewing. Constance Weldon’s mother married Jock Ewing and somehow, Blaisdel begins to oversee the running of the Weldon paper mill. Lucy was in Florida then as well. She was engaged to Adam Carrington and he was running against Fielding Carlyle. I just need to connect Lucy and Matthew.”

Meanwhile, at the rehab center Abby had been moved to, a nurse checked on her, before leaving. Moments later, Abby Ewing opened her eyes and looked around in confusion! Where was she? This was not her and Gary’s bedroom at the ranch!

Then the memories came flooding back and she smiled. Yes, Matthew Blaisdel and Lucy. Confronting Matthew in the middle of the night…falling…and then nothing.

Well she was awake and the nothingness was gone. And so was Lucy, if Abby had anything to say about it.

K

Karin Schill

Interesting updates. I love how this story is centered around Lucy and Abby. It is fun to read about their schemes. I also think you have been able to include Ann and Harris Ryland as well as Judith in a creative and great way.

Unfortunately as a Dallas fan I sometimes dislike some of the details that you've changed from the original show canon. Stuff like Bobby being married to Fallon when I know he was together with Jenna at the time and Miss Ellie dying instead of Jock always throws me for a loop when I read about it. Is there any particular reason you have decided to change those details?

It seems to me like the characters are so minor in the story that the changes can't be plot motivated.

Either way I will try to ignore that and enjoy the story for what it is. I really love what you are doing with Gary/Val/Lucy, Mack/Karen, Ben and of course Abby. It is nice to read a story that has so much focus on the Knots characters as those are very rare these days. :)
Also Lucy has always been a favorite of mine on the original Dallas. So it's nice to read a story where she is a main character.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yeah that was all talked about in the original story over in fan fiction.

I am sorry if I offend anyone by saying this, but I hated Jenna. You couldn't pay me to watch those years again. So yes, I have changed quite a bit. I could've tolerated Bobby with Katherine over Jenna.

I liked Miss Ellie, well enough. But Jock a.k.a. Jim Davis just stole every scene he was in, for me. He was what a patriarch should be. He looked out for his family. I had nothing against Miss Ellie but I could take her or leave her. And I thought she should have done more to make sure Val could keep Lucy.

Charlene Tilton was a victim of lazy writing. There was plenty that could have been done for Lucy.

K

Karin Schill

I am not offended as naturally you are entitled to your own opinion. I know some Bobby & Pam fans didn't like Jenna either. I loved Jenna though. So I'd rather see her with Bobby. But since you don't like her why not put Bobby back with Pam?

I find the Fallon & Bobby match to be weird as I can't imagine the characters together. Even though I know the actors made a movie together in the 1980s. Maybe that is what inspired you?

I agree with you about Charlene. She deserved much better writing than she got.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I am curious as to what you liked about her? I had nothing against Priscilla Presley, but as a Bobby fan, I couldn't see her running off with someone else and not be out of her mind. I just kept waiting for her to go away. I couldn't see anyone picking someone else over him. That was why I found the Bobby/Ann/Harris triangle interesting. Because Mitch Pileggi can hold his own against Patrick Duffy.

Maybe subconsciously I remember the movie, though I can't recall it as I'm typing this.

Charlene would have fared better on Knots.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Chapter 7

Mitch knew that Gary and Val were in the waiting room, along with Abby’s kids, for word of her condition, now that she had come out of her coma. He himself was surprised at how well his patient seemed to be doing.

Abby, however, had nothing but questions for him.

“So Lucy didn’t press charges against Ben Gibson?”

“Abby,” Mitch said carefully, “I don’t know why you would concern yourself over that. You need to think about you. Your kids and husband are outside, waiting to see you.”

Abby grabbed Mitch’s hand and squeezed it.

“I know we only spent one afternoon together and we don’t know each other very well. But I need your help here, Mitch. Lucy has unrealistic expectations with regards to her parents. And she is willing to do anything to erase Ben Gibson and myself, from their lives.”

Mitch softened and squeezed her hand back.

“I was skeptical of Lucy’s story with regards to what happened between her and Ben. And I told her so. But…from the what I understand, Ben Gibson has been spreading lies about Gary and Sue Ellen, in print, under a pseudonym. I have been to Southfork. I knew Miss Ellie and Jock. There is no way they would have ever kept a child in an attic. For Gibson to continue writing that is just contemptible.”

“I agree, Mitch. But all Lucy had to do is say what you just said, to him. Accusing him of a crime is a whole other thing.”

“Alright, Abby. What is it you’re saying Lucy did to you? I’ve heard the rumors about Matthew Blaisdel. Lucy would never do something like that.”

“And yet here I lay. You said I’ve been in a coma for a month. Val must be really close with my husband by now.”

Mitch said nothing about that. He had always liked Val and could not think of her as some evil temptress, who stole husbands.

“Abby, this month has been hard on me as well. I care what happens to you. I come here for a conference, meet this glorious, married woman and in the next instant, she’s gone. Close to death. I had to make sure you were alright.”

Abby squeezed Mitch’s hand again.

“And you did that, because you didn’t think I was safe. I know you hate thinking like that, but if you think about it, you know it’s true. You didn’t think I was safe from Lucy.”

“I never said that!”

“You didn’t have to. I’ll see my husband and children now.” she said, smiling softly at him. Mitch smiled back and let go of her hand to go and get Gary, Olivia and Brian. He would suggest that Val wait outside.

Abby watched Mitch leave her room as her mind began forming a plan. A plan that in all likelihood, would send Lucy and Val packing from HER home!

By the time Lucy returned to California, Abby’s recovery was in the paper…along with the news that the manhunt for Matthew Blaisdel had intensified. J.R. had assured her before she left him, that he would have some of his men find Blaisdel first.

Lucy knew that it would probably be wise to go to the hospital and pretend to be happy that Abby was alright, but she could not make herself do it. She returned to the ranch, threw down her luggage and stretched, unaware that she was not alone…

“Hello, Lucy.” Ben said, holding his own suitcase that he set down.

“What are you doing here?” Lucy asked calmly, between gritted teeth.

“Well, you know that Abby is on the mend. And she called me from her room at the rehab center and offered me a place to stay. Here.”

Lucy’s eyes locked on his.

“That’s a joke, right?”

“No. No it isn’t. See Abby needs someone to help investigate just how and why Matthew Blaisdel became so focused on her. And in return, she’s helping me with the little Garrison story.”

Lucy closed the distance between them and slapped him! She was going to do it again when Ben caught her hands and they began tussling—just as Val walked in!

“Ben!” Val screamed and he let go of Lucy! Lucy hurried to Val and she enclosed her arms around her daughter! Val gave Ben a dirty look!

“What are you doing here?! Get out before I call the police!”

“Mama!” Lucy cried, burying her head against Val.

“Val, I did not come here to hurt anyone. Especially Lucy. But Abby wants me here.”

Val’s eyes widened!

“Abby asked you to live here?”

“Yes. She needs help. Someone tried to kill her and the police seem to be backing off of even trying to find Blaisdel.” Ben told her.

“They are not backing off, Ben, they just can’t find him! And how is your living here going to help? It won’t! You should leave!” Val warned.

“Val,” Ben said gently, “this is Abby’s house. SHE invited me to stay.”

Lucy let go of Val and glared at him!

“And this is my Daddy’s house and I’m pretty sure he did not invite you! I’m calling the police!” Lucy snapped and walked towards a phone in the hallway.

“You’re going to tell them what, Lucy? That I tried to rape you again?!”

Lucy turned from the phone.

“You don’t live here, Ben! I came home and found a stranger here! I don’t know that Abby invited you here! I know nothing! I think the police will believe us!”

Val looked at Lucy.

“Honey, let me talk to him. I’ll get him to leave.” she said before turning to Ben. “I want to talk. Outside.”

Ben gave Lucy an unreadable look, before following Val outside. Once the door closed, Lucy picked up his luggage, walked over to the fireplace and threw it in there! One of the maids saw her do it and looked the other way, tending to some housework in another part of the house.

Lucy took three deep breaths to get herself under control. Abby. Abby had not been awake for an hour, before she was causing trouble for her. She had to take stock of herself and her situation here.

Meanwhile, Val confronted Ben.

“It’s clear that Lucy is not welcome to stay here. And Abby wants to make it as uncomfortable as possible for her! That’s fine! We’re both leaving. Somehow I don’t think you’ll be staying too long if Gary has anything to say about it.”

Ben grabbed Val by the shoulders!

“Val! I am not here to hurt you or Lucy! I have never hurt Lucy! I love you! I know you told me the babies are Gary’s but I love you and want you and them! I am also not writing those stories to hurt you! Sue Ellen had a baby with Gary, a year and a half before she had John Ross! And Ann Smith’s mother was the nurse that delivered the child!”

Val wrenched out of his hold!

“Stop it, Ben! Just stop it! Sue Ellen would have never been able to hide a pregnancy from anyone at Southfork! Especially J.R., so stop with your lies! Stop spreading this around! Because it will only be a matter of time before J.R. shuts you down himself!”

“We’re both writers, aren’t we?” Ben asked calmly. “So help me disprove it. Come to Texas with me so I can talk to Ann’s mother. Her name is Dorothy Smith.”

“I know what her name is! And I know she’s not well! Neither Dorothy or Ann need this right now!”

“Do you love me, Val?”

Val looked down.

“I’ll always care, Ben.”

“But maybe you’d love me again if I could prove my innocence? Let me prove Gary has another child—with Sue Ellen. And let me prove that Lucy is a liar.”

Now Val looked at him again.

“And if Lucy is one? I’m supposed to just throw her away?”

“No! No, we can then find some common ground! We’ll work things out! Just come to Texas with me. Please?” he begged. Meanwhile, Lucy was peering out of a window at her mother and Ben, when the phone rang. She walked over to the hallway one and answered.

“Hello?”

“I need to speak to Lucy Ewing.” a British sounding voice demanded. Lucy quickly hung up! God, that was Alexis Barnes and she was not in the mood to hear from her right now! Lucy stared at the phone and almost jumped when it rang again! She picked up.

“Hello?”

“Is THIS Lucy?”

“Hello, Alexis. How are you?”

“How am I? Well let me tell you, darling, how I am is confused.”

“Confused?” Lucy asked, but she knew what was coming.

“Matthew Blaisdel supposedly left Florida on one of my company jets. I have had people looking into this, quietly, of course. And finally, someone remembered you. You and a clearance that you got from Adam. I didn’t realize you were still friendly with my son, now that he’s married to Pamela?”

“What do you want?” Lucy asked tiredly.

“I think you should explain yourself, dear.”

“Okay. I needed to catch a flight to California and Adam helped me do it: before he was shot, of course. As for Matthew Blaisdel, I have not seen him. And he certainly wasn’t on the plane.”

“I believe differently.”

“I don’t care what you believe, Alexis. I suggest you drop it. Otherwise I’m going to tell the Florida authorities that Adam ran down Cliff last year outside of that whore house. You wouldn’t want that to get out, would you?”

Lucy then hung up and exhaled.

Alexis slowly hung up on her end and turned to her second cousin, Charles Scott. She was in California and in his penthouse suite.

“She hung up on you again?” Charles asked, handing her a drink. Alexis took it and smiled.

“Yes. But Lucy is a girl. A little girl. One that was beneath Adam, but can be used to achieve my goal. I want Ewing Oil. Cliff wants it as well. Lucy is going to help me get it or she will go to prison.”

“Alexis, she knows about Adam.”

“Oh she knows nothing about him!” Alexis sniffed. “All I will do is ‘find’ evidence that shows that SHE ran down Cliff Barnes and she’ll have nothing more to say about it. I must thank you, cousin dear, for the information.”

“Well, it wasn’t free.” Charles said, sipping his drink before continuing. “Zeus Software in in a bit of trouble. I could use another form of capital to shore things up.”

“Meaning Lucy?” Alexis asked slyly.

“I planned on moving in on Abby, but her situation is perilous. She has no real access to Ewing money. Lucy does.”

“Darling, we will have all the access to the Ewings and their secrets, once I make Lucy understand what needs to be done.”

“Yes,” Charles said firmly, “but you have a way of changing your mind once a deal has been made, cousin. I need to marry Lucy to make things more secure for myself.”

Alexis had only taken one sip of her drink, before setting it down.

“Alright. Do what you must. I will allow you to handle the blackmail from here. To be blunt, I can’t be seen near all of this. Blake would be appalled.”

“My God, Alexis! Are you still trying to win him back? How old is he? He has to be at least eighty!”

“Blake is nowhere near eighty. And if you had ever had anyone in your life that you loved so passionately, that the idea of being without them hurt every, living, day, then you’d see where I was coming from.” Alexis sniffed.

“And Cliff Barnes?” Charles asked.

“Cliff Barnes is Cliff Barnes. No one loves him passionately. Now I must get going. Keep me updated.” Alexis smiled, giving Charles a fake air kiss, before leaving his suite. Once she was gone, Charles sat down and leaned back in a chair. Now he had to figure out just how to go about securing Lucy as his new wife.

Karen had come by the hospital and took Olivia and Brian back to her house, after Abby spent time with them. She also talked to the police and told them about Matthew. She was not surprised that they could not find him. Lucy was making sure of that.

Gary had been lurking in the room with herself and the kids and finally, he slipped out into the hallway. Once the kids were gone, he came back in and Abby confronted him.

“So, why do you think the police can’t find ‘Lucas’?” she asked airily.

“I don’t know. Why don’t you just think about getting better so you can come home?” Gary asked instead.

“Yes, about that. I’ve invited Ben Gibson to live with us. You know, since you thought it was cute to have Val live in our home. Is she still there, by the way?”

Gary’s face remained expressionless.

“Ben is not living with us.”

“I’ve already invited him. I’m sure he’s probably there by now unpacking.”

“God, Abby! Why?! Why would you do that?”

“Because Ben and I need to band together against your rotten daughter! She came here with the goal of ridding Val of Ben and of me of you. And look at all that’s happened since she’s been here! Ben’s reputation is in tatters and I almost died!”

“Ben,” Gary said slowly, “should not have put his hands on my daughter. That is why his reputation is shot to hell and back! And Lucy had nothing to do with Matthew Blaisdel!”

“Oh, so you don’t think that she could be the reason he was here?”

“I think that yes, maybe he saw her from afar in Florida and followed her here. Then he saw you and tried to kidnap you. But none of that is Lucy’s fault either!”

Abby leaned back against her pillow and probed Gary with her eyes.

“Fine. When I come home, Ben and I will expect a nice welcome from Lucy, Val and yourself. Oh and tell Lucy that maybe she should keep her bedroom door locked at night…you know…as protection from Ben.”

“He won’t be staying.”

“And Val? Will she be staying?”

“Get some rest. I’ll be back tomorrow.” Gary said and walked out of her room. Once the door closed, Abby said up, reached into a drawer beside the bed and pulled out the tabloid magazines she had asked a nurse to bring her.

On the covers, were various pictures of Krystle Carrington. There was one inset photo that had ‘aged’ the phantom Ewing child that was living in the Southfork attic, to what he would look like today. Abby ignored that story and studied the late Krystle Carrington carefully. Especially her hair.

Abby planned to begin looking just like her. She was going to lure Matthew Blaisdel back to California, if he had ever left. And once she had him alone, Abby planned to do whatever it would take to get him to confess to working with Lucy to oust her from Gary’s life.

DALLAS-

Harris usually didn’t have much to do with the interns. One was usually picked to work with him, under the supervision of one of the vice-presidents in the company. But this morning, his Vice-President of Trucking Operations, James Monahan, wanted to meet with him. Harris knew that he was related to Cliff Barnes somehow and had proven to be a trusted employee. Though Harris never understood why he didn’t just use his family connections to move up further than he was in the world.

James had two folders that he presented to Harris and to be blunt, Harris didn’t have the time for any of it. They had just begun working with Ewing Oil and he was very aware that he had to over perform with regards to them. But he didn’t let his apprehension show as James revealed the two, top interns that had finished the projects given to them.

“I’m going to be honest, while Ann’s was good, Muriel’s was top notch.”

Harris eyed him.

“Who’s Muriel?”

“Muriel Gillis. She’s tall, with red hair and glasses?” James, who was still known as ‘Jimmy’ to Cliff and Pam, explained.

Harris still looked lost!

“She’s an intern?”

“She likes unicorns. Sometimes she has pins on her suits.”

“Oh. Yeah, I have seen her.” Harris said without enthusiasm.

“Yes, well, like I said, I thought Muriel’s work was a bit better than Ann’s.”

“So what are you telling me?” Harris asked.

“Mr. Ryland, the point of this project was to show which intern could work directly with you.”

“I’m sorry, James. You know now that we have Ewing Oil under our belt, it’s just been hectic. Okay, so I want you to just switch those folders.”

James then watched as Harris went back to studying some papers on his desk. Harris saw he was still there and eyed him.

“Was there something else?”

“Uh, I just don’t get what you’re asking me to do?”

“Yes you do. If Miss Gillis’s work is better than Miss Smith’s, then you switch their work folders and put Miss Gillis’s presentation into Miss Smith’s, and Miss Smith’s work into Miss Gillis’s folder.”

“I take it you would prefer to work with Ann?”

“Yes.” Harris said in a tight voice and resumed his own work.

James turned and walked out of the office. He didn’t like this but it also wasn’t the first slippery thing Harris had asked him to do, in his time here at Ryland Transportation. But Ann Smith, while capable, didn’t seem to truly have the interest in this company that Muriel Gillis did. And he liked Muriel. He thought under proper direction she could be a real asset to Ryland Transportation.

He went back to his office and sat down, staring at the two folders. He decided he was going to do what he initially planned to do in the first place. He was going to assign Muriel to Harris.

James buzzed his secretary and asked her to summon Muriel Gillis to his office, immediately.

K

Karin Schill

I like the fact that Alexis is still hung up on Blake. They did share a passionate relationship. I wish the New Dynasty had been the prequel show focusing on their relationship instead of the reboot we got.

I totally get why Harris wants to work with Ann. He's not gonna be happy when Muriel got the job instead.

Yay! Abby is back. But I can totally see why Gary and Val are not happy to see him move into the ranch.

I hope the rumor about Gary and Sue Ellen having a baby together is just that rumors, as I wouldn't like for it to be true.

I am curious as to what you liked about her? I had nothing against Priscilla Presley, but as a Bobby fan, I couldn't see her running off with someone else and not be out of her mind. I just kept waiting for her to go away. I couldn't see anyone picking someone else over him. That was why I found the Bobby/Ann/Harris triangle interesting. Because Mitch Pileggi can hold his own against Patrick Duffy.

Charlene would have fared better on Knots.

I agree that they totally should have moved Charlene to Knots when she was written out of Dallas before the dream season.
Lucy & Mitch could have been the new couple next door moving in to the cul-de-sac. Mitch could have worked at the hospital and Lucy could have interacted with her family.

I enjoyed the Bobby/Ann/Harris triangle too and explored that a bit too in my Dallas TNT fanfic.

I love Priscilla Presley. I think she's a really talented actress so that obviously made me more fond of Jenna. I didn't like the first two Jenna's, as I don't see them as the true Jenna. I like Priscilla's version of the character as she brought a southern elegance to the role. She was a lady. Also I like that Jenna was Bobby's first love and that she'd realized she made a mistake in leaving him when they were young. I also like that she came back after Bobby's divorce was final and not before. It was like she and Bobby were both older, wiser and more cautious about getting their hearts broken again. So they took things slow and let their relationship develop instead of jumping right back in. They also made a cute family with Charlie and Christopher. I believe Jenna really loved Bobby. He was the true love of her life and she was really good for him too.

80's Cha Cha Cha

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Who couldn't love Bobby? He is a true dreamboat.

I was a real fan of John Ross and Pamela on the TNT Dallas. And I couldn't wait for the next season to come out, after they married, so I went looking for fanfiction on ff.net. Imagine my surprise, to find that most of the fan fiction was about Ann and Harris. I am a true believer that when there are a lot of stories about one couple, the writers of the show should sit up and take notice. I took notice.

I then rewatched their scenes and saw how slow I was to see certain things. The night Ann shot him I was relieved. On the surface he had been this annoying ex husband that just jeered at her all of the time. But there were a few moments, before she shot him, that I realized he had loved her and was just weak in his own way because of Judith.

But back to Bobby, if a woman has had a bad first marriage to someone, a second marriage to Bobby Ewing can rectify that.