Man With Cerebral Palsy Confronts Jacob Rees Mogg Over Tory Policy on Disabled People

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is heart-breaking to watch. This man worked hard to get get a good degree to qualified to do a job he loved. Government cuts took that job away from him and forced him to apply for benefits for which he had to prove he had cerebral palsy. Now this government are removing the £20 universal credit uplift and telling people who can't survive in a reduced income that they should train to get better a better job. That’s what he did already and they screwed him over. This government is disgraceful.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Our government has created divisions across the land, it’s given platforms to xenophobia, racism, sexism, homophobia, and the list continues. Platforms for everyone lacking tolerance. Open doors for the rich while shutting down the poor.

There is only so much I can lay blame with this government because a bulk of the blame lies with the British public for giving them the power they need to continuously rip out the heart of Britain.

More and more do I find myself feeling deflated when videos like above are breaking my heart and the hearts of all those who care about others.

Many People are not interested in the reality of what our leaders have done to the country, if it doesn’t effect them, they are happy to ignore it and that is exactly where this government want Britain to be.

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Our government has created divisions across the land, it’s given platforms to xenophobia, racism, sexism, homophobia, and the list continues. Platforms for everyone lacking tolerance. Open doors for the rich while shutting down the poor.

There is only so much I can lay blame with this government because a bulk of the blame lies with the British public for giving them the power they need to continuously rip out the heart of Britain.

More and more do I find myself feeling deflated when videos like above are breaking my heart and the hearts of all those who care about others.

Many People are not interested in the reality of what our leaders have done to the country, if it doesn’t effect them, they are happy to ignore it and that is exactly where this government want Britain to be.
You have articulated what is happening so well. It's spot on to say a lot of the blame lies with the British public who voted for this government and continue to keep them in power. The "I'm alright Jack" mentality of so many people is fuelling a lot of the division. They will think I don't have a disability therefore I don't care if disabled people aren't adequately supported to live a good life. I'm not gay or trans so why should I care about LGBTQ+ issues. I have my home and pension so why should I care about young people having some of the opportunities that I had when I was their age?

The Tories have long encouraged this hate and division because they know people with those views are more likely to vote for them. So sadly, although a large number of people will be outraged by Rees Mogg's indifference to the plight of that man with cerebral palsy, many Tory supporters will share his attitude.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
It's very similar to our situation in N Ireland. Anyone with half a brain cell knows the DUP are awful but it's a certain generation/mindset that keep voting them in. Until the voting for the Tories stops it will never change.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
That video is heart breaking. And Jacob Rees just continues to spout nonsense at him. The Tory government has treated disabled and vulnerable people terribly. They need to be voted out of power. The way that disabled people have to degrade themselves to prove their disability and are made to feel like a burden is horrendous. They have to go through hideous investigating and probing and nit picking in order to even claim benefits. Surely that is not necessary, surely all that needs to be done is to have a quick look at a person's medical history/notes.
The Torys have picked on the weak and the vulnerable and nobody has challenged them on it. It's shameful.