• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Dallas Character Mark or Bobby. Point Blank

ramled99

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
Ok, so taking all factors into consideration AT THE TIME, I have the following questions:

1. Who do you think "loved" Pam more and why, Mark or Bobby?

2. Who would you want to have a one night stand with in 1985, separate and apart from his relationship with Pam, Mark or Bobby? Just as an individually handsome and available (for one night) man in 1985?

3. Who do you think was best for Pam's personality, and would have made her happy, Mark or Boddy?

Pammy P

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Bobby undoubtedly loved Pam more, he once said to Jenna Wade "I've loved Pam since the first day I saw her, I always have, I always will". Mark's affection for Pam was more LUST than LOVE IMO.

2. One Night Stand, well I would have to choose Helmet Hair Bobby in that Blue Spotted Shirt!!! Come here boy!

3. Bobby undoubtedly was the love of PAM's LIFE, Mark was a "fill in" and she only agreed to Marry him out of pity cause he unfortunately was terminally ill.

Bobby & Pam ....:kiss:

K

Karin Schill

1. I'd say Bobby loved Pam more. He stood by her through a lot of difficult times. Her father dying, her identity crisis, the miscarriages, her mental breakdown.
Also because their families were in a fued and they still got married just that prove that they were madly in love. I'd say Bobby's family was important to him and yet he went against their wishes and married Digger's Daughter.

2. Neither. I was 5 years old in 1985.

3. I think Bobby was the love of Pam's life. She was happiest when she was with him despite of all the obstacles that were thrown in their way of being together.

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Bobby loved Pam the most, he proved that even more when he let her go/gave her up because he thought that was what she wanted due to the fake letter Katherine read to him. Bobby's love for her was deeper, they had a history.

Bobby, because he was more sexier and better looking. Nothing about Mark attracts me or make me would want to jump into bed with him. His nasty looking chest hair was even more of a turn off.

Bobby made her happy despite his obsession in the early times with proving himself to Jock and about Ewing Oil. I think he would have made her even more happy if they had a home away from SouthFork. Pam as she once said just wanted an ordinary life with her husband.

Tatianna

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Ok, so taking all factors into consideration AT THE TIME, I have the following questions:

1. Who do you think "loved" Pam more and why, Mark or Bobby?

2. Who would you want to have a one night stand with in 1985, separate and apart from his relationship with Pam, Mark or Bobby? Just as an individually handsome and available (for one night) man in 1985?

3. Who do you think was best for Pam's personality, and would have made her happy, Mark or Boddy?

1. There are more than one kind of love and I think both men loved Pam. Bobby was the first man we saw with Pam, although we had heard of her past relationships and like Karin Schill has already mentioned, Bobby loved Pam with all his heart and he proved it by marrying her in spite of the Ewing/Barnes fued. They shared the heartbreak of not having a biological child and that tended to strengthen their bond. Bobby even risked jail when he "bought Christopher" from Jeff Faraday. He went to extreme to measures to get the baby for Pam that she so desperately wanted.

Naturally there were disappointments along the way and during their marriage when Bobby was caught in the middle of defending his family over Pam and at time doubting her motives.

Mark was first infatuated with Pam's beauty as most any man would be and the fact that Pam was sitting in his office siding with Miss Ellie against her own husband opened the possibility that there was conflict and not solidarity in her marriage. I believe Mark's infatuation did turn to love over time, but in his mind he always knew that Bobby was the man Pam loved.

Both men met different emotions with Pam. Bobby was the man Pam loved, but Mark was the man Pam needed at times.

2. Neither man sparked a desire for a one night stand.

3 Pam's personality was part of her DNA and I don't believe either man played a role in shaping it, but Pam's love was for Bobby, as heartbreaking as it was, but she needed Mark's attention and support and she did learn to respect and care for him in a much different way.

Last edited:

Pammy P

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
LMAO @Tatianna (Neither man sparked a desire for a one night stand) not for me either, but if I had to make a choice it would as I said above!;)

Pammy P

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Like it, Spotted Shirt Bobster, Pimp Mobile, MG.......:lol::lmao:

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
1. Despite their problems, I thought that Bobby did love Pam up to a point and that they were a cute couple, but I'm gonna go with Mark here. Mark knew that it was better for Pam to get away from the Ewing family and stop letting Cliff pull her into the ridiculous Barnes-Ewing feud. He wanted to show her the world outside of Dallas and treat her like a real queen. And he would never subject Pam to living with in-laws like Bobby did. Bobby kept constantly going back and forth between Pam and Jenna, letter or not. He didn't even stop to think that Pam might be hurt to see him with someone else so soon after their divorce. He was just a needy little wuss who asked Jenna to marry him because he couldn't handle being alone. But Pam was Mark's one and only. And Bobby didn't even care when Pam disappeared from the hospital. He just accepted that she was gone without even attempting to search for or even suspect that he might be getting fooled by a letter yet again! As soon as Pam divorced him, he proceeded to screw with every woman in Dallas. 2. I was much too young for that in 1985! And I don't do one night stands. But in terms of looks, I will say that Bobby was hotter than Mark. Even though I don't like Bobby, I will admit that he was...hot. Not as much as Tommy Mckay or Mitch, in my opinion, but...yeah. Hot. 3. Even though I believe that Mark was better for Pam's health, she probably wouldn't have thought that. I think that Pam loved Bobby more than Mark. They were also more similar to each other in terms of personality. They were both goody two shoes, but Pam wasn't annoying about it like Bobby was.

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
I disagree with you Presea in regards to Bobby not thinking it would hurt Pam seeing him with Jenna, he believed Pam had moved on with Mark. Pam was the first to hang out with Mark during the time she was married to Bobby, she went to France with him and almost slept with him and she went on dates with him not thinking it would hurt Bobby. Bobby only started going out with Jenna after the divorce. Pam was only Mark's one and only because he was desperately trying to make her fall in love with him which she did not. Pam was always in love with Bobby even when she decided she couldn't live with him anymore. Pam liked Mark's attention and cared about him but her heart of hearts belonged to Bobby. I preferred Bobby for Pam despite his faults. Mark was clueless about how a deep love relationship between a couple was because he expected Pam to fall head over heels with him after the divorce. He was also not too bright because when you ask a woman to marry you several times and she doesn't say Yes and have to give her space to think it over means she is just not that into you. I bet Pam was the first real love to him that he ever had and she in love with someone else. I did not like the Bobby after Pam disappeared though he became an ass, but then again that was due to the writers because the old Bobby would never just give up.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
I disagree with you Presea in regards to Bobby not thinking it would hurt Pam seeing him with Jenna, he believed Pam had moved on with Mark. Pam was the first to hang out with Mark during the time she was married to Bobby, she went to France with him and almost slept with him and she went on dates with him not thinking it would hurt Bobby. Bobby only started going out with Jenna after the divorce. Pam was only Mark's one and only because he was desperately trying to make her fall in love with him which she did not. Pam was always in love with Bobby even when she decided she couldn't live with him anymore. Pam liked Mark's attention and cared about him but her heart of hearts belonged to Bobby. I preferred Bobby for Pam despite his faults. Mark was clueless about how a deep love relationship between a couple was because he expected Pam to fall head over heels with him after the divorce. He was also not too bright because when you ask a woman to marry you several times and she doesn't say Yes and have to give her space to think it over means she is just not that into you. I bet Pam was the first real love to him that he ever had and she in love with someone else. I did not like the Bobby after Pam disappeared though he became an ass, but then again that was due to the writers because the old Bobby would never just give up.
Whether Bobby thought that Pam had moved on or not, moving on with Jenna that fast sure made it look like Bobby had gotten over Pam right away. And that make-out scene at the charity rodeo made Bobby and Jenna look like a couple of horny, insensitive high school kids. I couldn't stand how Bobby just gravitated (and made out with) towards Jenna every time she came to town! But the one thing that I didn't like about Mark was that he kind of seemed to pressure Pam into sleeping with him. And after he finally gets that, he gets up and drives off without a word to Pam. I thought that was kind of weird.

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Of course Bobby loved Pam more, he told her so on many occasions, including the night before he died!!

Mark was more infatuated with Pam I guess.

Pam wasn't the one night stand type. I can still remember the hostile look on Bobby's face when that Joe Don character picked up Christopher, who obviously didn't want to be near that guy. :)

Maryann

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Whether Bobby thought that Pam had moved on or not, moving on with Jenna that fast sure made it look like Bobby had gotten over Pam right away. And that make-out scene at the charity rodeo made Bobby and Jenna look like a couple of horny, insensitive high school kids. I couldn't stand how Bobby just gravitated (and made out with) towards Jenna every time she came to town! But the one thing that I didn't like about Mark was that he kind of seemed to pressure Pam into sleeping with him. And after he finally gets that, he gets up and drives off without a word to Pam. I thought that was kind of weird.

The morning after they first slept with each other if you notice the look on Mark's face wasn't all that happy neither was Pam's because it was not what he had hoped or thought it would be. It was not that glorious because Pam was not fully in the moment because she was hurt seeing Jenna and Bobby kissing and maybe it never left her mind during the sex and I bet he did most of the work ;)

When Mark was getting dressed Pam pretended to be asleep because it seems she didn't want any connection with him and just wanted him to leave, that was my perspective and what I read from that scene.

JRandSueEllenForever

Telly Talk Member
LV

Reaction score
I think both men loved Pam an astronomical amount. Maybe Mark a little more. At one point it started to look like Bobby may have loved Ewing Oil and his quest to live up to his daddy's standards and expectations more than Pam and his marriage. But Mark was just plain crazy about Pam. He gave up his bachelorhood conquests and lifestyle for her, and seemed to have plenty of devotion and time for her in spite of being the owner/CEO of Graisco.

The real question is who did Pam love more? I say Bobby hands down. Sure, she loved Mark, but not in the same way as she loved Bobby. I think she loved Mark as a dear friend. I keep recalling the morning after she first made love to Mark, she told Christopher, "Mark is a wonderful man, but he's not your daddy." Pam could never fully get over Bobby and give herself completely to Mark.

Pam and Bobby deserved a "happily ever after" story but never got it. Getting Patrick Duffy back on the show, I was so excited for the Bobby/Pam reconciliation to pick up where it left off. But after the dream season and their second wedding, everything was spoiled by Jenna's pregnancy, Jenna's angry, jilted scorned lover act, and Charlie's tantrums. And then Victoria Principal left the show.

ClassyCo

Telly Talk Superstar
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Although I think Bobby and Pam were meant for each other, the show was probably at it's best when they were a part. I did like Mark (could have done without the mustache, though), although I didn't particularly care for Pam's obsessive search for him in Season 8... that kinda got on my nerves rather quickly.

KayLloyd

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
1. Hands down, Bobby loved Pam the most. He loved her for who she was and wanted a future with her and children. Mark just saw her as a pretty prize to be won from Bobby, no matter the cost to Pam.

2. Based on Pam's assessment of both
men's bedroom "skills" and how yummy he looks in and out of his tux, definately Bobby! To quote Barbara Mandrell, he can eat crackers in my bed any time! Mark was much too smarmy, and the love scene where they spayed him down with water to show what a "stud" he is was just plain icky.

3. Bobby very clearly made Pam the happiest, they were best friends and lovers. Pam was just going through the motions with Mark and he was too arrogant to accept that Pam's heart would always belong to Bobby.

Kenny Coyote

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

You're right, Pam never stopping to think it might hurt Bobby to see her with Mark while she was still married to Bobby trumps Bobby's not caring if Pam would be hurt by him seeing Jenna soon after Pam and Bobby divorced. Pam was the first to date someone else which makes me wonder why Bobby was upset when JR announced Bobby and Jenna's engagement at the Oil Baron's Ball. She was with Mark at that Ball, so why should Bobby have been trying protect he feelings when Pam was the first to see someone else - she didn't even wait for a divorce to start seeing Mark. Sometimes it seems the writers just had Bobby get angry at JR just for the sake of it without any good reason.

In fact, JR rarely got angry at Bobby. For a "bad guy" JR had a much, much better temperament than Bobby did. Bobby only managed to keep his composure around Cliff, who deserved his anger the most of anyone in the show. Why did the writers have Bobby change his character when Cliff did something awful to Pam or Bobby? Anyone else, Bobby would have punched out. A character needs to be written consistently or some of the character's integrity gets lost.

Presea

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
The morning after they first slept with each other if you notice the look on Mark's face wasn't all that happy neither was Pam's because it was not what he had hoped or thought it would be. It was not that glorious because Pam was not fully in the moment because she was hurt seeing Jenna and Bobby kissing and maybe it never left her mind during the sex and I bet he did most of the work ;)

When Mark was getting dressed Pam pretended to be asleep because it seems she didn't want any connection with him and just wanted him to leave, that was my perspective and what I read from that scene.
All of this, and perhaps Mark was not so good in the bedroom?

K

Karin Schill

In fact, JR rarely got angry at Bobby. For a "bad guy" JR had a much, much better temperament than Bobby did. Bobby only managed to keep his composure around Cliff, who deserved his anger the most of anyone in the show. Why did the writers have Bobby change his character when Cliff did something awful to Pam or Bobby? Anyone else, Bobby would have punched out. A character needs to be written consistently or some of the character's integrity gets lost.

Good point. But I think Bobby tried to control his temper around Cliff since he didn't want Pam to be angry with him and she would have if he had beatened up on her brother without a good reason. He did beat him when he found out about Cliff and Sue Ellen and well even Pam was on JR's side on that one!