Matthew Shepard - 18 Years Later

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
It's hard to believe it's been 18 years, but Oct. 12 marks the 18th anniversary of Matthew Shepard's death. Shepard died of severe head injuries after being abducted and tortured by two homophobic men who left him to die--tied to a fence--near the town of Laramie, Wyoming.

It's harder still to believe that Matthew would be 40 this year, were he still alive. He is perpetually frozen in time as a 21 year old college student.

http://www.gaytimes.co.uk/life/12069/matt-shepard-is-a-friend-of-mine/

montyc

Telly Talk Member
Reaction score
We have come so far in that time and as the current American election proves still have a long way to go. RIP, Matthew. It could easily have been any one of us.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
So sad, I have read about Matthew over the years. There is a documentary on Netflix about him but I haven't been able to watch it yet.

Jason73

Admin
Reaction score
Medals
There is a documentary on Netflix about him but I haven't been able to watch it yet.
It's good. It really humanizes Matthew and gives you a nice glimpse into what kind of person he was. I like that it also gave some decent insight on his dad. I feel like I know a lot about him mom, Judy; but not so much about his dad.