Meghan and Harry

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But the question I have is: does being white and male automatically make one privileged? On what basis can Laurence Fox be accused of being such a creature simply for stating a balanced opinion.
Because he claimed Britain is tolerant to race which is only a true experience from the perspective of a white person. A large number of black people in the UK experience racism (Revealed: the stark evidence of everyday racial bias in Britain) but Laurence Fox refused to acknowledge that. This is what white privilege is: only seeing things from a white perspective and ignoring the views and opinions of other races.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Everyone thinks of Meghan as caucasian -- except the ones screaming "racism" to dismiss people's instinctive dislike of her.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
People claiming the media haven't been racist towards Meghan, don't you think this is racist?

Not to mention the BBC radio DJ's tweet about Archie:

Just more examples of British racial tolerance, I suppose.

What I find to be very sad, isn't just the racism in the UK but how so many people are prepared to deny it even exists.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
@Angela Channing - I would never deliberately offend you, and I hope I haven't. I'm just struggling to understand how it is racism specifically but I will reread your post which I have missed on the subject. I just thought it was more the fact she is a target because of her beauty, personality and status. And because she is termed an 'outsider'.

I don't think anyone should put value in the Daily Mail, but I do remember the baby monkey reference which was hateful. I had forgotten. :oops:

I am however more inclined to think that she is a target because she has a big personality and won't be silenced. The 'subjects' can't handled it. Particularly those of a certain age. They think everyone should be prim and proper but again are neglecting to look at those who have been bending the rules and more since WAY before Meghan.
If a Jewish person was criticised for being mean or a money grabber people would rightly condemn them for using anti-Semitic stereotypes. However, in the UK black people are becoming fair game for racist tropes in that not only can people use them but when we call them out for doing so, black people are ignored or accused of playing the race card. This is racially tolerant Britain.

Not all the criticism directed at Meghan is racist, some is sexist and some is because she is American, but denying that racism is a factor to me is incredible.

Last edited:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I just don't get it I'm sorry. And I'm from a country where we have had our own painful struggles with regards to 'what foot you kick with' (ie Protestant or Catholic).

I think the reference to the baby monkey is disgusting. And I am horrified if people are making assumptions about Meghan based on stereotypes. It is similar to an argument that I often have with people who assume all Americans are loud and annoying. Drives me nuts. Or all Irish are alcoholics. No we aren't.

Has anyone actually used this description of Meghan though? Would she be seen in such a way if she hadn't married Royalty (who by the way are Germans OMG!!) Why was she allowed to enter the family if it was going to be such an issue? For her sake, she should have been told she wasn't allowed to and he had to find himself a robot who was going to stay quiet.

It's almost like she is being used as an experiment - we'll give this a go and try to be forward thinking, then we'll blame her when it all goes tits up.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Has anyone actually used this description of Meghan though?
Eamonn Holmes for one, he described her as "uppity" which is a racist trope used against black women for generations.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
And a tabloid making ugly racist jabs doesn't reflect how most people think: most people think of Meghan as white --- and if you go back aways, everybody is mixed race.

She's utterly fakey with her own disingenuous agenda and folks get that about her. But some hold her to no standard at all -- there's nothing she could do that they'd call her on.

But narcissists recognize her narcissism in themselves and therefore want her narcissism to be successful. Which is why they feel so contemptuous of Kate because she doesn't have those qualities.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Well they’ve done it. They’re giving up their Royal Titles and paying back Frogmore Cottage.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51163865

What I am still feeling failing to understand is why the Queen can’t order a stop to press intrusion and abuse. It’s appalling and senseless to have a Head of State with no power. Really disappointed she has done nothing to make a change to stop this. If they aren’t ‘much loved members of my family’ - do something to stop the abuse! You’re the Queen!

Meghan and Harry have been driven out of The Firm. Yet a paedophile gets to stay.

Just wow.

Last edited:

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Meghan and Harry have been driven out of The Firm. Yet a paedophile gets to stay.
Astonishing that they would make them not use their HRH titles when Prince Andrew can and when he and Fergie split up he wasn't made to pay back the cost of building their home dubbed "SouthYork".

However, I am pleased for them that they have escaped the dysfunctional Royal Family and hopefully they will be able to live a happier and more peaceful life in Canada.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now no one can claim that Meghan wants desperately to be royal, desperately wants to be married to a prince or desperately wants the royal cash. She had it all - it wasn't important to her.

And Harry proved to me that his royal title is not as important to him as his family and happiness.

Those of you who claim Meghan has somehow tricked him or has him whipped - you must really think Harry is the dumbest & most desperate idiot on this planet. If so, I think you should shift your hatred from Meghan to Harry instead. Hate the cheater instead of the other woman.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Now no one can claim that Meghan wants desperately to be royal, desperately wants to be married to a prince or desperately wants the royal cash. She had it all - it wasn't important to her.

And Harry proved to me that his royal title is not as important to him as his family and happiness.

Those of you who claim Meghan has somehow tricked him or has him whipped - you must really think Harry is the dumbest & most desperate idiot on this planet. If so, I think you should shift your hatred from Meghan to Harry instead. Hate the cheater instead of the other woman.
Harry's just a Dumbo --- hijacked by a narcissistic, chaotic fiend of a woman.

And you think this is proof Meghan didn't want to be a royal?? The livin' hell she didn't -- she likes being an expatriate royal, with all the melodrama that goes with it.

Including when she divorces him.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Including when she divorces him.

And when that happens, it will all be because Harry is a dysfunctional royal and a racist, insensitive monster of a man. Just as much as he is now praised for throwing it all away for her.

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
The first line of The Queen's statement began “Following many months of conversations and more recent discussions...” which is curious because we were told that a "Palace source" said the Queen and Prince Charles were surprised, angry and hurt by the news when it came out. Clearly that was a lie as they knew for months. Either the media or Buckingham Palace have been trying to spin the news to make Harry and Meghan look bad.

This will really show up the rest of the Royal Family because if we are no longer paying for Harry and Meghan out of our taxes and they are supporting themselves it's only a matter of time before people will ask why can't Kate, Edward, the Duke of Kent and the other Royal hanger-ons do the same.

Emelee

Telly Talk Warrior
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Queenie's statement:

/.../ Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family. I recognise the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life. I want to thank them for all their dedicated work across this country, the Commonwealth and beyond, and am particularly proud of how Meghan has so quickly become one of the family. It is my whole family’s hope that today’s agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life.

If she didn't love Meghan, she would not have added that part.

She also confirms that it's because of intense media that they have made this decision.

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It is similar to an argument that I often have with people who assume all Americans are loud and annoying.
I'm hearing you Sarah. As an Aussie I have to live with the constant taunts (mainly from England) asking, "How are you convicts down-under?" Thankfully I enjoy a broad sense of humour so my immediate come-back is, "Well, if you Poms were so bloody intelligent why did you send your convicts to paradise?"

I think the reference to the baby monkey is disgusting

Agreed. Oddly I don't recall hearing/seeing this on the NEWS. Yet, when Roseanne Barr made that disgusting remark on Twitter about Valerie Jarrett the world media outlets loudly condemned it as racist...and rightly so.

If someone had made that remark about my child I would call a press conference and challenge that idiot to say it to my face...after he has to deal with my wife.