• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Mena Suvari to play Jane Wyman

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Apparently there's a film in production about the life of Ronald Reagan and American Beauty star Mena Suvari is being lined up to play Jane Wyman.

Ms Suvari said she is "honoured" to be part of such a phenomenal production. "Not only to have the opportunity to play such an incredible talent and icon as Jane Wyman, it is equally exciting to portray one of my favorite eras of Old Hollywood," the actor said.

Mena Suvari to play Jane Wyman in ''Reagan'' biopic

Crimson

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Always a bit vexing to me when web articles can't be bothered to include pictures.

Apparently I didn't know who Mena Suvari is, because I first thought of Mira Sorvino. "She doesn't look anything like Jane Wyman and she's too old". After Googling Mena, I think "She also doesn't look much like Jane Wyman and she's somewhat less too old".

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
Always a bit vexing to me when web articles can't be bothered to include pictures.

Apparently I didn't know who Mena Suvari is, because I first thought of Mira Sorvino. "She doesn't look anything like Jane Wyman and she's too old". After Googling Mena, I think "She also doesn't look much like Jane Wyman and she's somewhat less too old".
You're right, she doesn't look like Jane Wyman so the hair and make up department are going to have their work cut out to to make her look the part.

I'm not sure how much the film will focus on the marriage between Reagan and Ms Wyman but as Jane was one of the most famous and high profile people in his life, I'm sure there would be interest in their time together.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Looked her up on Wikipedia, and she's a New Englander (from Rhode Island).

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hope the film is a success and who knows the impossible could even happen a rejuvenation of gone although not forgotten FALCON CREST. Imho Mena could renew the world's interest in Jane Wyman, if she plays the part convincingly and then what could come from such a performance. Is there space for a new FALCON CREST in the world?

Jane Wyman speaks about the final episode and how the show altered in the twilight years, ('behind the scenes', from season 9, 1989 - '90):

"I wanted to tie up the show, mention everyone who was gone; the grandfather, Melissa, Cole and Maggie, so that the loyal audience we had wouldn't feel cheated, if they had been taken in a different direction by the producers that they didn't understand (and frankly I didn't either). It was a wonderful experience but I wasn't sorry to see it end because of the way it was going. The first six years of the show were marvellous. Then they started tampering with it. I get so much mail from people saying that they can't understand what happened."

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I hope the film is a success and who knows the impossible could even happen a rejuvenation of gone although not forgotten FALCON CREST. Imho Mena could renew the world's interest in Jane Wyman, if she plays the part convincingly and then what could come from such a performance. Is there space for a new FALCON CREST in the world?

Jane Wyman speaks about the final episode and how the show altered in the twilight years, ('behind the scenes', from season 9, 1989 - '90):

"I wanted to tie up the show, mention everyone who was gone; the grandfather, Melissa, Cole and Maggie, so that the loyal audience we had wouldn't feel cheated, if they had been taken in a different direction by the producers that they didn't understand (and frankly I didn't either). It was a wonderful experience but I wasn't sorry to see it end because of the way it was going. The first six years of the show were marvellous. Then they started tampering with it. I get so much mail from people saying that they can't understand what happened."
Jane Wyman will always be Falcon Crest. However if an update was to do Jane justice then I would watch.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
If you think the casting of Mena as Jane is an odd choice, Lesley Anne Down is due to appear in the film as Margaret Thatcher!!!
Well really oddly I could kind of see that. Lesley Anne is gorgeous, and looked nothing at all like Thatcher when she was younger. She doesn't at all like her now either but there is something about the way her mouth is shaped that reminds me of the way Gillian Anderson looked while playing her on The Crown. She's had a little help and self preservation as she's aged which has changed her face a fair bit. She's still gorgeous but maybe it would help her in character roles now. I also always think of her with massive hair in roles which is another Thatcher trait. Really it's the mouth/teeth I can see it with. And of course she can so a British accent.
1609883520802.png
1609883706720.png

Angela Channing

LV

Reaction score
Awards
It looks like they have lined up Michael Douglas to play Ronald Reagan and Christoph Waltz to play Mikhail Gorbachev. I was originally indifferent to this film but now I'm even more curious about it and beginning to look forward to seeing it.

Carrie Fairchild

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It looks like they have lined up Michael Douglas to play Ronald Reagan and Christoph Waltz to play Mikhail Gorbachev. I was originally indifferent to this film but now I'm even more curious about it and beginning to look forward to seeing it.
Michael Douglas & Christoph Waltz will star in a different Reagan project (a limited series) that's also going into production. Dennis Quaid will play Reagan in this movie with Mena Suvari. There's no mention of Gorbachev in the film yet but Robert Davi will play Leonid Brezhnev.