• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Michael Tylo 73 “Quinten Chamberlain” Has Died.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I remember him as Quinten as I was watching GL back then. Such sad news! He and Nola were so mismatched on paper but it worked. They made a very nice couple. My condolences to his family.

R.I.P.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Yes, Guiding Light was my "first soap" and I had become a fan around the time Nola was scheming to break up Kelly and Morgan. When Quinton arrived he brought with him a lot of the action and adventure elements along with the gothic romance he generated with his mysterious past, etc. The producers were trying very hard to remake staid, melodramatic GL into something that could compete with action-oriented General Hospital, and the pairing of Nola/Quint certainly struck gold with the audience. You had to be a great actor to keep up with the likes of Lisa Brown.

Michael Tylo had other soap roles, but Quint was the one that I always associate with him.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I had totally forgotten til now that he also played the Bladeson twins on Y&R from 1992-95. I thought he was very good on that show as well.