• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Morgan Brittany: "Dynasty" copied "Dallas"' clothing??

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Part 3 of a terrific interview with Morgan Brittany from Dallas Diva Derby done several years ago (I'd never seen it until now). They discuss everything....

Billy Wall

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I never watched Dynasty, but I had heard it was the other way around. Dynasty women wore shoulder pads and then Dallas’ women started wearing them.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas copied Dynasty's wardrobe way before Angelica Nero came in. Morgan Brittany was pretty much dressed up like a Dynasty diva.

Alexis meets Scarlet O'Hara.

A character that Dallas got rid of way to soon. Only took a Presidential pardon and she's back. She need a bit more cunning, like Alexis and Scarlet, but on her return we could see a wised up and strong Katherine, much like the strong women we saw on Dynasty, Falcon Crest and Knots Landing. I for one would have liked that. A better rival to JR than Cliff. More a kin to Abby vs. Greg and Angela vs. Richard. I think it would have been a better way to go.

And Dallas TNT, first night ends with Katherine walking onto the scene and someone asks, "Who is that?" And Christopher says, "My Aunt Katherine."

Last edited:

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I like how she says in the interview that LH forgot his lines because he couldn’t stop looking at what he called her “Wolf Eyes.” LOL
I don't blame LH. I read where LH once said that out of all of the women JR was with, Deborah Shelton was the most beautiful. I would give that honor to Morgan Brittany. Katherine was a fascinating woman. When she was onscreen I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Katherine was absolutely stunning to me! Looking into those eyes was like looking into the ocean. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her eyes then and I still can’t when I do a rewatch now.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While Morgan Brittany to me was stunning, and truly one of the most beautiful women on television, easily right up there with Joan Collins and Donna Mills, no woman was a beautiful as Linda Gray, imo. There was more than a look to her, there was a way she carried herself. How JR could risk loosing that beautiful woman was beyond me. I would have had that house filled with little Ewing grandchildren long before Bobby got married. That's just my two cents.

Jimmy Todd

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
While Morgan Brittany to me was stunning, and truly one of the most beautiful women on television, easily right up there with Joan Collins and Donna Mills, no woman was a beautiful as Linda Gray, imo. There was more than a look to her, there was a way she carried herself. How JR could risk loosing that beautiful woman was beyond me. I would have had that house filled with little Ewing grandchildren long before Bobby got married. That's just my two cents.

Linda Gray is another woman who is not only just beautiful, but had that something extra. It was totally believable to me that, despite Sue Ellen having her less than nice moments at times, men like JR, Dusty, Clayton and even Peter fell passionately in love with her.
The women of the 1980's prime time soaps- how I miss you:)

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dynasty may have won in the clothes stakes but in my opinion the women of Dallas were far more beautiful..and intelligent.
I think they only won if the only categories was formal wear. The women of Dallas dressed the full spectrum from casual, to business, to formal and I for one appreciated that.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Morgan said something like that in my interview with her:

"I based my look on Disney's evil queen. (The heavy eye makeup, etc.) I also based the character not so much on Scarlett O'Hara, but on Eve Harrington from "All About Eve". I tried to play sweet and evil at the same time, until people started figuring Katherine out. Scarlett was used more for the attitude and obsession for Bobby. Katherine was actually already established on "Dallas" before Dynasty added Alexis. I think they might have copied us!"

https://sites.google.com/site/mundodallases2/exclusive-interviews/morgan-brittany

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Katherine was actually already established on "Dallas" before Dynasty added Alexis. I think they might have copied us!"

By 12 days... Morgan's first episode aired om 30 October 1981 while Alexis' first episode aired on 11 November 1981.

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Morgan Brittany was lucky (?) enough to get to incorporate a Scarlett O'Hara look into her characters several times (actually playing Vivien Leigh a few times in movies). She suited it, and it was a treat to look at on screen.
Decades later and I'm still impressed by the pretty.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
while Alexis' first episode aired on 11 November 1981
Was that not 20 april?
1618589453752.png

With the BIG HAT?

Besides, Joan's Alexis was a troublemaker from the moment she appeared in her opening credit, before she had even muttered a single word.

Another big difference: the fur coats, although I think Julia Blake from PAPER DOLLS had the biggest fur coat ever.

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I mean the 12 days thing doesn't even matter. It's not like Dynasty's producers saw the Morgan appearance on Dallas and said quick copy that! That's absurd! The role of Alexis had been cast, episodes shot and in the can, and Joan had long already showed up and brought her magic bitchiness to the role. If anything it's Morgan's campy Katharine that becomes more Alexis like as her role on Dallas went on. I love both characters by the way.

Last edited: