Reaction score
Awards

Ricardo Garcia

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Lucas stands in front of a group of reporters at night, with a hospital in the background. “Our primary focus is to care for our employees. We’ll determine cause later.”

A reporter shouts out, “Do you suspect foul play?”

“Of course I do. Our employees are the best. They’re family. That’s a Ewing Oil rig, built by Ewing Construction, operated by TridentEO. Family.”

Matty meets with some of his people in an office tailor on the coast just as the sun comes up. Ellie observes. The one guy says, “They’ve got it out.” His three people look like they’ve been fighting a fire. Another tosses down some sort of part, “Sabotage.”

Ellie says, “Shouldn’t we have left that to be found by the authorities?”

Off to the side David Braxton, Richard Channing’s man says, “It has. Who do you think this people work for?”

Lucas says, “I want to know by who?”

“We already know by who,” David tells him. “You’re not going to get proof if that’s what you’re after. Besides would you want it, war with the Russians and Venezuela. No I’ll take care of the reply. You take care of the mess. But be sure, the Ewing’s are going to loose the Mexican bid. Even what support you have in Mexico just evaporated.”

John Ross walks with Jay out among the barns, looking back at the house. “This is where Jock fell in love with Ellie and Aaron fell in love with Barbara and Enoch fell in love with Eleanor and all those moments were so important that nothing else mattered. Yet it was so very long ago.”

“And grandma and grandpa?”

“JR fell in love with Sue Ellen here. There’s was a complicated situation. They meet at a beauty pageant.”

“Grandma was the most beautiful woman in Texas.”

“Don’t let her hear that. She is the most beautiful woman in Texas. But yes, they fell in love many times here. Falling in love is complicated Jay. See you know I love you, I’m your daddy. But a significant other, how do you know?”

“I don’t know. How do you know momma loves you?”

“Well I’m lucky Jay. Before you were born I was in an accident on an oil rig. Fire so bad, I was burned pretty bad.”

“How is that lucky? Sounds scary.”

“I wasn’t even conscious. Your momma pushed by the emergency people to get to me. Not a good idea by the way. But she couldn’t live with out me. She nearly died of breathing in smoke. Burned pretty bad herself. Seems crazy I know. You’ll know the person you’re in love with when it seems crazier to live without them than with them.”

“Is grandma ok without grandpa. She says she feels broken. Is she?”

“I’m a way yes. You see once you live someone, truly love someone, you can’t stop loving them. Even if you get hurt. In the case of your grandparents, they couldn’t live together but that didn’t mean they ever stopped loving each other. See Jay, sometimes the people we love the most hurt us the most.”

“Why if they love us would they hurt us?”

“Because people are pretty messed up. You’ll grow up and at times be so bad at me you can’t stand it. It’ll hurt me bad. No one else but you and your brothers could do that to me. But it’ll hurt.”

“No daddy. I’d never be mad at you. And if Steven and Marv are, I’ll beat them up.”

“Don’t you love them.”

“Well, yes, but if they hurt you.”

“But Jay, If you love them then you don’t hurt them, for any reason.”

“But you said they will hurt you. So they don’t live you.”

“They do. Just like you. But like I said people are messed up. So you’re right, you might hurt them for me, but that’s not love for me or for them. That’s messed up too.”

“I’m messed up.”

“We all are. Only god is perfect.”

“I want to be perfect.”

“Good. Just know, trying is a good thing, but you will never be perfect. No one is.”

“Just god.”

“Just god. And do you know what he wants from you?”

“No.”

“Love. Love god, love each other, love the world. Love enough to forgive.”

“Even my brothers, if they hurt you.”

“Even a stranger, if they hurt me. Don’t go walking around with pain. That’s the devils tool.”

“Like you said about being happy for grandpa. He’s in a wonderful place.”

“That’s right. Now power.”

“First humility. Power comes from being obscure, yet maintain a solid reputation among your friends. Be bold, but not too bold. Power is taken, never given.”

John Ross laughs and messes up his sons hair while saying, “Excellent. Excellent.”

“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting.”

“You got it.”

“The leader’s power is to control success.”

John Ross hugs his son.

A television news reporter states that, “While the fire is out, and the cause is still indeterminate, oil continues to leak into the Gulf of Mexico.”

In the early morning John Ross gathers in his office with Lucas, Ellie, Matty and David. Ellie says, “So we just sit back and let the Russian and Venezuelan governments team up against us and get away with what ever?”

“We know them well,” David says. “They don’t know us as well as they think they do. This is a good position.”

John Ross says, “We’re in danger of becoming complacent and overconfident. This isn’t about them but us, baiting them. Keeping us on our toes.”

“Blowing up oil rigs?” Lucas puts out there.

“We didn’t,” David responds. “They’re going to do something. We can’t prevent that. So we watch.”

“And TridentEO takes the hit. I’ve got men who are hurt bad. Three are dead. My stick price is plummeting with every report of leaking oil.”

“So but,” David says.

Matty says, “The point here is this wasn’t our fault and we know it. They’re going to attempt to weaken us so they can close the deal with Mexico. They’re reaching everywhere. The Vice President was forced to resign. They’re getting ballsy. When do they get theirs?”

David Anderson, “Thats above my pay grade. What I do know, your most valuable asset is Ewing Oil. It holds every patent from every division,

Bobby is shown into the Oval Office and soon finds himself alone with the President who quickly points out he gave him the job.

Bobby says, “Only because you can’t afford a revolt in the Senate. The House would impeach you tomorrow if the Senate turns on you. So you needed someone they can trust.”

“My question is can I trust you?”

“As I said before, as long as I believe your innocence.”

“Good. Just keep believing it.”

“But if it turns out I’m wrong, I not only won’t pardon you, I’ll demand they seek the death penalty.”

The President sits behind his desk slowly, as if deflated.

David walks into an office in San Fransisco. Sue Ellen spins around in the desk chair. He says, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

“Richard says you work for me now.”

“So I’ve been told. JR actually died and left you control of Ewing Oil.”

“There are a billion shares of Ewing Oil,” Sue Ellen begins to explain, standing regally, looking beautiful, “JRE owns all but one, that one share is owned by a trust fund left to Jay, my grandson, but yes, I am the executor.”

“I’m told that one share is the only one with a vote.”

“That’s correct.”

“Mr. Channing says you’ve agreed to join his friends group and help them control the price of oil and gas.”

“Yes. He’s also asked me to speak to you about rare earth.”

“Right now the Chinese control rare earth markets. Your x-husband had some familiarity with the Chinese government.”

“Some. Yes.”

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Night club scene. Rachel is dancing with a new guy. She looks across the room and a new girl is hanging all over Louis.

That night in his apartment Rachel and this new guy tear each other’s clothes off. He separates for a minute and lays out a line of coke, snorts it and then lies out a line of coke for Rachel.

Rachel and the young man fall into bed, naked, in the throws of passion.

Congressional hearing Antonio is grilled as to why the department of justice is not going its job and investigating his role in last election and his association with the president. Senators accuse Antonio of undue foreign influence over the president who faces possible impeachment for conspiring with Venezuela in the last election. He’s then asked about his association with the Russian government.

In the Persian Gulf a missile hits a CalCo oil tanker and catches it on fire.

The board of CalCo votes in Judith Lee to temporarily replace Antonio as the Chairman of CalCo. Dorian Wendell remains President and CEO. David votes in favor of Judith. Antonio is absent.

A helicopter lands on a yacht in the Caribbean and Ellie gets off.

Ellie walks to a lower deck of the vessel to find Antonio enjoying lunch. He welcomes her, offers her a seat and asks how he can help her. She hands him a packet. “It’s an offer to buy your shares in CalCo.”

He laughs. “What makes you think they’re for sale, much less you can afford them?”

“The federal government is going to rip them from your hands anyway. The president doesn’t have much choice. Either his order is to go after you or Congress will impeach him.”

“You underestimate the resolve of your president.”

“You over estimate him. You’ve been getting oil from Iran. Those tankers weren’t from Oman. Well they were. They were from Oman, full of Iranian oil for CalCo’s EurCo subsidiary.”

“Prove it.”

She pats the packet. “I’d look at the offer, if I were you.”

The young man Rachel was in bed with us in bed with another young woman. Sweaty and out of breath he sets up and says, “Do you have any idea his rich she is. A tiny piece sets me up for life.”

I’m his study, John Ross says to Matty, “Not one CalCo oil tanker gets through the Straight of Hormuz.”

Television news reporter says U.S. President has implicatedIran in the sinking of CalCo oil tankers carrying Oman oil, brings in us war ships. His congressional opposition has stated they believe this is a distraction from pending impeachment proceedings.

In other news a revolution has broke out in Venezuela following the historic election calling for regime change. The U.S. reminds silent as its allies support the rebel’s. Russia offers aid to the current resign, calling the election a fraud and accusing America of orchestrating it.

Dorian sits in front of another congressional panel testifying about his knowledge of CalCo buying Iranian oil. One senator says, “This is absurd. Why would Iran sink oil tankers full of oil they just sold you? I’m sorry Mr. Wendell, my colleagues are engaging in a witch hunt. Your company is under attacking from all sides. There’s the investigation dealing with Venezuela and the De Le Vega family, now some of us are accusing you buying oil from Iran with no proof. Right now his oil in Venezuela is being held up over a civil war and he can’t get his oil out of the Persian Gulf and we’re watching a fine American company implode. While a witch hunt is carried out against our President. I’m sorry Mr. Wendell you got caught up in the middle of this. Is there anything you’d like to add?”

“Yes. We’re missing the real culprit here. While we’re all fighting with each other SinoZu is increasing its share in CalCo. That’s a Chinese oil company which is mostly owned by the Chinese communist government. Dia Ling sits on CalCo’s board. SinoZu has also been constructing a new port in Venezuela. I’ve heard the rebel’s are offering the Chinese a better deal for their support. No you all can sit here in Capitol Hill playing partisan games, but as you do the Chinese are kicking out asses at every turn.”

Lucas sits at a board table discussing finally caping the Gulf oil spill, the pending clean up, civil suites and cost to TridentEO. “How long can you drag this out in court?”

A very pregnant Amy falls down the stairs at Southfork.

Gordon rushes in to find her laying at the bottom of the steps.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
In the hospital the doctor explains to John Ross about the surgery to save the baby with the priority being on saving Amy.

Bobby stands by. “She’s gonna be ok.”

John Ross stands in a daze. “The boys?”

“They’re with your mother. Ellie’s contacting the family. Everyone’s on the way.”

“No they don’t have to be. It’s ok.”

“You don’t think your sister is making attendance optional?”

“No. No she wouldn’t.”

Gordon enters the room and hands them each a coffee. John Ross absentmindedly takes his.

Lucas asks Gordon about Amy. Gordon replies, “It doesn’t look good.”

Rachel lies in bed with this new boyfriend. She seems in a bit of a stupor. He says she should marry him. She mumbles yes.

Louis gets a call from Ellie. “No I haven’t seen Rachel.”

“She’s not answering her phone.”

“I’ve tried to talk to her. She’s seeing some new guy.”

“Ok. I’ll check with Matty.”

David meets with Dia Long shaking hands in a Hong Kong office. “Welcome to the board of SinoZu,” Dia says.

“Thank you. Let’s discuss rare Earth.”

“That’s a long game Mr. Braxton.”

“That’s just the kind of game I play.”

“I’d rather discuss the breaking up of China.”

The two laugh together, smiling, apparent friends taking two of the seats at the long board table.

Ellie walks into the hospital to find Matty. “Do you know what Rachel’s up to?”

“She’s been seeing a guy who works for JRE. Marcel Ricci. Is that what you mean?”

“What do you know about him?”

“I advised John Ross to intervene.”

“Find her. Bring her here.”

“Not a problem. Listen Ellie, I thought about what you said, the marriage arrangement.”

“Paper work really.”

“I agree. We should do it.”

“Perfect. I’ll make the arrangements as soon as every things ok with Amy. I do think you should also move into Southfork.”

“It’s bad with Amy. They might but be able to save either one. And if the save her and not the baby. . .”

“She’ll never forgive John Ross.”

A television news anchor says, “TridentEO announced it’s offer to buy CalCo has been accepted by the CalCo board. This is the largest oil merger in recent years, setting off speculation of others to follow.

TridentEO also announced, CalCo President, Dorian Wendell, a familiar face to both companies, will serve as Chairman of TridentEO, replacing Lucas Ewing. Lucas Ewing took on the extended role of running TridentEO during its restructuring following the exodus of Dorian Wendell to run CalCo. There’s been speculation that this strategy was orchestrated from the start with Dorian Wendell Moving to embattled CalCo.

Lucas Ewing will return to his more family focused roles in managing the many entities of the Ewing Family including the private corporate conglomerate JRE Industries and the family’s private investment company JRE Investments. Lucas Ewing is also responsible for oversight of the Ewing Family Foundation Trust endowment and the Ewing Family Office. Considered by many to be one of the best financial minds in the county.”

Marcel and Rachel drive in a convertible out across the barren desert.

Antonio stands alone on the stern of a mega yacht sipping a drink surrounded by nothing but endless water. A silent bullet slices through his head and he falls overboard, crashing into the water below.

A television news anchor says, “Venezuela rips itself apart in civil war. Russian ships have brought aid to the government to help quell the infighting. Zulia has established its independence. Meanwhile the president has called for a cease fire and resuming of talks. So far he’s been supportive of the current regime aligning the United States with Russia on the matter, opposing America’s traditional allies and China. More than half of the NATO block, Australia, Mexico, Argentina, Brazil and China have already recognized Juan Del Le Vega as the duly elected president of Venezuela, calling for regimen change. Some insiders in the administration say America’s position is about to change, if peace doesn’t happen soon, and the President will back De Le Vega.”

Dorian watches a little baby being changed by a nanny in a nursery fit for a prince. Rachel’s mother steps up behind him. “She named him Jeremey Dorian Wendell. You’re also on the birth certificate. For some reason my daughter likes you. Hence John Ross giving you back Trident.”

“He’s the reason for the deal?”

“There isn’t anything he wouldn’t do for his children. Even accept you. I’m the one standing in your way. I told my daughter, the fight you’d give her for custody, how this poor baby would be in the middle. I don’t intend to see that happen.”

“Where is Rachel?”

“She went back to Texas. To work for John Ross.”

“So why bring me here? Why tell me any of this?”

“I want you to sign custody of this child to me, so I don’t have to deal with you ever again. And I can make it worth your while.”

“Did Rachel?”

“Yes.”

“She signed custody of our child over to you.”

“Mr. Wendell, you look like you have feelings for my daughter and your child. You don’t need to put on an act for me. Just sign and go away.”

Matty welcomes Ricardo to Southfork. “You father is at the hospital right now. He was going to meet you, but his wife was hurt pretty bad in a fall.”

“Oh. Should I be here now?”

“Well you’re here. I know this all seems weird. Your grandfather made sure you were taken care of. He’s been gone now for a few years, but the money he left you in trust, it’s how your mother took care of you. Your father had no idea of your existence.”

“So I just show up and reck his life?”

“No. Not at all. In fact he’s looking forward to meeting you. He’s just worried. His wife and unborn child might not make it.”

Louis stands with others sworn into the Marines, “I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.”

A young girl looks on with pride.

Just outside the hospital Ellie steps into the back of a limousine to find David. He tells her, “Antonio’s been take care of. We need troops in Venezuela. The Russians have already shown up and all we have is a compromised President.”

“The impeachment’s beginning.”

“To long of a process. We need involvement now.”

“The best way for him to avoid removal is to divert our attention with war, especially a war opposing the Russians. He doesn’t have any choice.”

“And if he doesn’t see it that way, but doubles down on his friendly Russian bull?”

“Removal will be swift and my Uncle will handle a full scale invasion.”

“Cutting it too close if you ask me. I’m ready to just take him out now.”

“Keep everything at the ready, a back up plan.”

“How is your brother?”

“Not so good.”

Off the cliffs of the Mexican Pacific coast a gorgeous, tanned, young man in a white Speedo jumps off a cliff and into the beautiful, blue water. He comes up and pulls himself onto a catamaran where Rachel and Marcel lays out, sunning. Rachel greets the new comer, feeling his body. Marcel objects. Rachel states, “Just stop it. Look at him. He’s gorgeous. Touch him.”

“What? You’re messed up. Either he goes or I go.”

“Then go.”

“If I go, I’m not coming back.”

“You do what you’ve gotta, but I’m going to have some fun. You leave though, it’s not my money that’s getting you back.”

The US House of Representatives votes to impeach the President.

John Ross sits with his faces in his hands in the hospital room.

Judith walks into a law office and is greeted by a lawyer, “Mrs. De Le Vega, sorry for your loss. What a terrible accident. Have they recovered the body?”

“No. No one even knows where he fell overboard.”

“So we’ve got to go through the process of declaring him dead. As a citizen of Switzerland, we’ll work with their court system to make this as painless as possible.”

“Right now I just want to secure control of his TridentEO shares, as well as his property in Venezuela.”

“Everything’s well documented, but unless there’s a regime change, it’s unlikely you’ll see any any of the land in Venezuela, much less mineral rights.”

“This is why we’re going to see a regime change. What I need from you is to mount a legal fight against the Ewing’s class B status in Trident.”

“You’ll need a regime change in America to make that happen. The courts have up held the right to maintain different classes of stock with different powers.”

“Well what do you think we’ve had, and what do you think I expect out of the changes our President has made on the Supreme Court? We might loose all the way to the top. But we won’t loose at the very top. Mark my word.”

John Ross stands over a head stone and a fresh grave among his relatives on Southfork. Tears fall down his face.

END of SEASON 2

10 more Episodes - my way.

Last edited:

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Judith’s Lawyer

Man in Mexico with Rachel and Marcel

The young girl looking on as Louis enlists

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas 2014

My version:

John Ross stands over a head stone and a fresh grave among his relatives on Southfork. Tears fall down his face. The grave reads ‘Lee Ross Ewing. March 3, 2013 - March 4, 2013.’

A private jet lands on a private runway. A limousine drives toward it, meeting in the hot Texas sun. The door opens to a staircase lowering to the ground. A chauffeur opens the back door to the car. Ellie steps out of the car and Rachel walks down from the plane looking angry with Matty behind her.

Ellie says, “I don’t expect to have to hunt you down.”

“Sounds like a personal problem.”

“Yeah, your personal problem, next time I have to go looking for you.”

“Maybe next time you send your bench men I won’t cooperate.”

Ellie laughs, “You think that Marty’s men were giving you a choice. You’re cute. Listen to me, you’re out of control. Dorian Wendell. Having a baby. A teenage mom. Running off to Mexico with some kid to screw around some more. You think your drugs are a secret. Nothing in this family is a secret to me. Couple signatures and I’ll lock your ass away in a padded cell until you rot.”

“You think my mom and dad will stand by and let you do that?”

“You think they won’t. Your dad needed his family and where were you? Your mom’s already got your son. What’s she need you? So you think they’re stopping me. Kid you better grow up real fast.” Rachel goes to talk and Ellie cuts her off. “Right now its you and me. So listen to me, real good, that boy you’re with, you use him all you want. But the drugs, that stops now. That’s for trash. You’re a Ewing.”

“You don’t understand.”

“Louis broke your heart.”

“What?”

“Don’t lie to me. Lie to anyone you want. You don’t owe anyone the truth. But it’s pointless to lie to me. I know the truth before you admit to yourself. He hurt you. He’s got a new girlfriend. Some slut named Sofia. But he’s gone now. He’s in the service learning to kill. He’ll be of great use to us some time, in the future, but right now he’s gone. You need to pull yourself together and take what you want.”

“How?”

“Like your grandad use to say, ‘once you get rid of integrity, the rest is a piece of cake’.”

Dorian meets with Judith in his office. “I’m not gonna ask how you got John Ross to give you back control of Trident, let alone clean up your reputation as the greatest oil man since Getty, but I want your backing.”

“For what?”

“Taking JRE Industries to court over its Class B shares in TridentEO. To get the court to wipe out its special voting rights. I’ve heard you’ve got control of a large chunk of votes. I’m guessing in exchange for your son.“

“How is the Venezuelan ceasefire working out for you?”

“Not so well. I want him gone so I can get at the DeLaVega mineral rights.”

“You don’t have any in the Zulia region do you?”

“No. Why?”

“I’m headed down there to work out a deal for TridentEO with some Ewing Oil people.”

“Lucas?”

“Yes he’s attending. So’s Ellie Ewing.”

“Has Venezuela relinquished Zulia?”

“No. But at the moment and the foreseeable future it’s operating as an independent state. Sort of like Taiwan with China.”

“Risky if you ask me.”

“We’re just fine, Aunt Judith.”

“By the way, I’m renaming The DeLeVega Group, The Wendell Group.”

“I see you’ve taken on the day to day running of the company. I’ve also heard you’re Wehrly subsidiary has underbid Ewing Oil on several contracts with other super majors.”

“We’re navigating around Trident until we win in court.”

“You’re pretty confident about your chances.”

“The President has been packing the court for us.”

“You think he’ll survive removal?”

“Not if he doesn’t do something about Venezuela inviting Russia war ships just south of us.”

“He’s guilty isn’t he?”

“We’re all guilty of something Dorian. It just depends on what we’re guilty of.”

“Treason.”

“That’s such a dirty word.”

John Ross walks up stairs to find Amy sitting on the back terrace overlooking Southfield. He sits on the sofa next to her and holds her. She breaks down crying.

6 months later . . . . .

Southfork is busy with activity, preparing for a barbecue.

Amy sits at her make up table examining the scares on her wrists when a nock comes at the door. “Come in.”

Gordon enters the room. “Just checking on you. Strange to see all the food prep without you in charge.”

“I’m glad we’re doing this to welcome Louis home but I’m just not in the mood for entertaining.”

“I understand,” Gordon says, examining her wrists. “Not a day goes by you’ve been free of this.” Amy shakes her head no. “My brother found me with an empty bottle of pills a long time ago.”

“Dorian?”

“Yes. He saved my life but I wasn’t sure I wanted to thank him or yell at him. I hated my left. Everything about it. No one ever guessed. It wasn’t like Lucas had it for me. No one in this family even questions if being gay is right or wrong. They just . . . they just love him.”

“You knew your family would turn on you?”

“They have. All but Dorian. I know he never will.”

“Grandpa Judith?”

“I don’t think she’s said one word to me since.”

“I’m sorry Gordon.”

“I just mean I understand living a double life. The public you who’s happy. The private you who wants to die. You should be the private you with your own family. No one here wouldn’t support you. They don’t need to understand you. They just love you.”

Amy hugs him and cries. “Why can’t I let him go?”

“Because you want him here with you.”

“I do. I do.” Amy let’s go and balls into Gordon’s chest.

Down stairs the family welcomes Louis home in his Navy Lieutenant uniform with SEAL trident. Rachel looks sad as he holds onto Sofia, introducing her to his family, both meeting Ricardo.

Sitting at a table by the pool with Sofia, Alex and Matty, Ricardo tells Louis that his mother died and then he found out John Ross is his father. He tells him about working the ranch with his father, Uncle Bobby when he’s home, and Alex. Louis tell him about his basic training.

Up stairs in the bedroom Lucas rolls naked in bed with a very fit young man.

By the pool John Ross welcomes Judith to Southfork among the throng of family friends arriving. “I hope we can finally put this feud behind us. It really belonged to my father and your brother.”

“Well, as you have Dorian back to running Trident, and witty Lucas and Roger married, I suppose we should find a way to get a long.”

“I meet your, what is he, stepson, Ryan DeLeVega. The Olympic gymnast. Impressive young man.”

“Antonio’s youngest. Yes. He should take gold in Rio.”

“I look forward to it.”

Ellie says to Matty, as they both look at Judith and John Ross from a far distance, “What do you make of that?”

“She sees herself as a fix in the hen house.”

“Problem for her, she’s talking to wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Matty chuckles. “That’s a very good scenario.”

“Now Dorian’s here, talking with Rachel. What the hell.”

Rachel walks off with Dorian, talking. “So basically you sold our son to my mother.”

“No. I signed over custody and got something in return. You know as well as I do, signing over custody wasn’t optional. She’d have tied me up in court forever. But if he were together.”

“What are you suggesting.”

“He’d live with us if we lived together.”

“I think you give my mother too much credit. Just moving in together isn’t going to get her to bring him to Dallas.”

“I don’t mean just living together. I mean if we were married.”

Rachel stops. “Are you asking me to marry you?”

“I guess I am.”

“Not very romantic.”

“Do you want romance or do you want a partnership? Together we’d be unstoppable. I know what you want, the Culver’s share of JRE. And I can help you get it. You know what I want, right?”

“Unquestionable control of Trident.”

“See how well we know each other.”

She gives him a look of disbelief.

He takes from his pocket and offers her a thirty carat diamond solitaire.

Rachel smiles, takes it, puts it on and examines it in the sun.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Dallas 2014

My version:

John Ross stands over a head stone and a fresh grave among his relatives on Southfork. Tears fall down his face. The grave reads ‘Lee Ross Ewing. March 3, 2013 - March 4, 2013.’

A private jet lands on a private runway. A limousine drives toward it, meeting in the hot Texas sun. The door opens to a staircase lowering to the ground. A chauffeur opens the back door to the car. Ellie steps out of the car and Rachel walks down from the plane looking angry with Matty behind her.

Ellie says, “I don’t expect to have to hunt you down.”

“Sounds like a personal problem.”

“Yeah, your personal problem, next time I have to go looking for you.”

“Maybe next time you send your bench men I won’t cooperate.”

Ellie laughs, “You think that Marty’s men were giving you a choice. You’re cute. Listen to me, you’re out of control. Dorian Wendell. Having a baby. A teenage mom. Running off to Mexico with some kid to screw around some more. You think your drugs are a secret. Nothing in this family is a secret to me. Couple signatures and I’ll lock your ass away in a padded cell until you rot.”

“You think my mom and dad will stand by and let you do that?”

“You think they won’t. Your dad needed his family and where were you? Your mom’s already got your son. What’s she need you? So you think they’re stopping me. Kid you better grow up real fast.” Rachel goes to talk and Ellie cuts her off. “Right now its you and me. So listen to me, real good, that boy you’re with, you use him all you want. But the drugs, that stops now. That’s for trash. You’re a Ewing.”

“You don’t understand.”

“Louis broke your heart.”

“What?”

“Don’t lie to me. Lie to anyone you want. You don’t owe anyone the truth. But it’s pointless to lie to me. I know the truth before you admit to yourself. He hurt you. He’s got a new girlfriend. Some slut named Sofia. But he’s gone now. He’s in the service learning to kill. He’ll be of great use to us some time, in the future, but right now he’s gone. You need to pull yourself together and take what you want.”

“How?”

“Like your grandad use to say, ‘once you get rid of integrity, the rest is a piece of cake’.”

Dorian meets with Judith in his office. “I’m not gonna ask how you got John Ross to give you back control of Trident, let alone clean up your reputation as the greatest oil man since Getty, but I want your backing.”

“For what?”

“Taking JRE Industries to court over its Class B shares in TridentEO. To get the court to wipe out its special voting rights. I’ve heard you’ve got control of a large chunk of votes. I’m guessing in exchange for your son.“

“How is the Venezuelan ceasefire working out for you?”

“Not so well. I want him gone so I can get at the DeLaVega mineral rights.”

“You don’t have any in the Zulia region do you?”

“No. Why?”

“I’m headed down there to work out a deal for TridentEO with some Ewing Oil people.”

“Lucas?”

“Yes he’s attending. So’s Ellie Ewing.”

“Has Venezuela relinquished Zulia?”

“No. But at the moment and the foreseeable future it’s operating as an independent state. Sort of like Taiwan with China.”

“Risky if you ask me.”

“We’re just fine, Aunt Judith.”

“By the way, I’m renaming The DeLeVega Group, The Wendell Group.”

“I see you’ve taken on the day to day running of the company. I’ve also heard you’re Wehrly subsidiary has underbid Ewing Oil on several contracts with other super majors.”

“We’re navigating around Trident until we win in court.”

“You’re pretty confident about your chances.”

“The President has been packing the court for us.”

“You think he’ll survive removal?”

“Not if he doesn’t do something about Venezuela inviting Russia war ships just south of us.”

“He’s guilty isn’t he?”

“We’re all guilty of something Dorian. It just depends on what we’re guilty of.”

“Treason.”

“That’s such a dirty word.”

John Ross walks up stairs to find Amy sitting on the back terrace overlooking Southfield. He sits on the sofa next to her and holds her. She breaks down crying.

6 months later . . . . .

Southfork is busy with activity, preparing for a barbecue.

Amy sits at her make up table examining the scares on her wrists when a nock comes at the door. “Come in.”

Gordon enters the room. “Just checking on you. Strange to see all the food prep without you in charge.”

“I’m glad we’re doing this to welcome Louis home but I’m just not in the mood for entertaining.”

“I understand,” Gordon says, examining her wrists. “Not a day goes by you’ve been free of this.” Amy shakes her head no. “My brother found me with an empty bottle of pills a long time ago.”

“Dorian?”

“Yes. He saved my life but I wasn’t sure I wanted to thank him or yell at him. I hated my left. Everything about it. No one ever guessed. It wasn’t like Lucas had it for me. No one in this family even questions if being gay is right or wrong. They just . . . they just love him.”

“You knew your family would turn on you?”

“They have. All but Dorian. I know he never will.”

“Grandpa Judith?”

“I don’t think she’s said one word to me since.”

“I’m sorry Gordon.”

“I just mean I understand living a double life. The public you who’s happy. The private you who wants to die. You should be the private you with your own family. No one here wouldn’t support you. They don’t need to understand you. They just love you.”

Amy hugs him and cries. “Why can’t I let him go?”

“Because you want him here with you.”

“I do. I do.” Amy let’s go and balls into Gordon’s chest.

Down stairs the family welcomes Louis home in his Navy Lieutenant uniform with SEAL trident. Rachel looks sad as he holds onto Sofia, introducing her to his family, both meeting Ricardo.

Sitting at a table by the pool with Sofia, Alex and Matty, Ricardo tells Louis that his mother died and then he found out John Ross is his father. He tells him about working the ranch with his father, Uncle Bobby when he’s home, and Alex. Louis tell him about his basic training.

Up stairs in the bedroom Lucas rolls naked in bed with a very fit young man.

By the pool John Ross welcomes Judith to Southfork among the throng of family friends arriving. “I hope we can finally put this feud behind us. It really belonged to my father and your brother.”

“Well, as you have Dorian back to running Trident, and witty Lucas and Roger married, I suppose we should find a way to get a long.”

“I meet your, what is he, stepson, Ryan DeLeVega. The Olympic gymnast. Impressive young man.”

“Antonio’s youngest. Yes. He should take gold in Rio.”

“I look forward to it.”

Ellie says to Matty, as they both look at Judith and John Ross from a far distance, “What do you make of that?”

“She sees herself as a fix in the hen house.”

“Problem for her, she’s talking to wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Matty chuckles. “That’s a very good scenario.”

“Now Dorian’s here, talking with Rachel. What the hell.”

Rachel walks off with Dorian, talking. “So basically you sold our son to my mother.”

“No. I signed over custody and got something in return. You know as well as I do, signing over custody wasn’t optional. She’d have tied me up in court forever. But if he were together.”

“What are you suggesting.”

“He’d live with us if we lived together.”

“I think you give my mother too much credit. Just moving in together isn’t going to get her to bring him to Dallas.”

“I don’t mean just living together. I mean if we were married.”

Rachel stops. “Are you asking me to marry you?”

“I guess I am.”

“Not very romantic.”

“Do you want romance or do you want a partnership? Together we’d be unstoppable. I know what you want, the Culver’s share of JRE. And I can help you get it. You know what I want, right?”

“Unquestionable control of Trident.”

“See how well we know each other.”

She gives him a look of disbelief.

He takes from his pocket and offers her a thirty carat diamond solitaire.

Rachel smiles, takes it, puts it on and examines it in the sun.