My name is Alexis and I am a Murder, She wrote fan.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
Did you like the bus episode with Rue McClanahan? I thought it was awesome.
I havent gotten to that one yet, so not sure if I have seen already years ago. I may have done, there are so many.
Huh, how does that work?
While it was on I was able to put in two loads of washing and then fold some. And the other day I had some online training to do before I can go back to work. I was able to start it while watching.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
How come Chris Deagan was never in just speedos on Dynasty? How'd I have to see this on Murder, She Wrote? More to the point why wasn't there an annual Carrington pool party?
Kind of like a Ewing BBQ but more for the gays. Miles and Cash and Kolya could have visited too.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
I didn't realise that was under the suit on DYNASTY.

Edit - Why is that huge big electric treadmill positioned right beside a swimming pool. Death goes where Jessica goes.

Last edited:

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
That's a good episode
Oh so Jessica isn't quite sure about Casey Denault... I have to admit I felt conflicted when he popped up on Dallas too. It's kind of an open ending. Did he push her down the stairs? It wasn't clear to me.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I’ve been to Cabot Cove (Universal Studios Hollywood)
And you survived????? I am Impressed!

I may have mentioned this before...but in TV Guide during that period the listings for their primetime series would include a brief plot outline, then list the guest stars. In about 95% of MSW listings, the killer would be the first actor listed under the guest stars, making it a little easier to guess the killer without even watching the episode.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
And you survived????? I am Impressed!

I may have mentioned this before...but in TV Guide during that period the listings for their primetime series would include a brief plot outline, then list the guest stars. In about 95% of MSW listings, the killer would be the first actor listed under the guest stars, making it a little easier to guess the killer without even watching the episode.
Well there were 264 episodes of MSW and 4 TV movies. Death in all of them. Clearly Jessica is just a very clever serial killer. The most prolific serial killer in world history.

The episode I am watching now, Death Takes A Curtain is set around a ballet. The exterior of the theatre they are using is the St Dennis club from Dynasty.

Alexis

Telly Talk Hero
Reaction score
Medals
There's an episode about two Russian ballet dancers trying to defect to America. It's basically Koyla and Anna's entire season long arc from The Colbys. I mean it's the exact same story! And weirdly, the female Russian dancer on MSW is played by the actress who was the Duchess Elena on Dynasty. I feel like I'm in an episode of Lost.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
Adrian Paul (Colbys' Kolya) also plays a suspect in an episode centered around a ballet company, though I don't think we ever got to see him in tights again. It's much further along in the run of the series, though.

Daniel Avery

Super Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Medals
I'm not sure it is rerun anywhere here. I just typed the title in my (Comcast) title search and it came up empty. Which is a crime, in and of itself.

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
I just recently bought the first two seasons of Murder, She Wrote at an FYE store not too far from my house. I use to watch the show with my grandparents, albeit in reruns, and I always liked it. There have been numerous instances where I almost bought the complete box set, but I always pushed it back. I haven't gotten around to watching any of the episodes yet, but once I do I'm coming back.

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
I really enjoy PushingUpRoses "That time on Murder She Wrote" videos:

Full playlist

It actually airs here at midnight on linear tv, so I sometimes do watch it if I'm up late enough and remember to turn it on. Beats watching Law & Order: SVU for the 100th time at least!
I love these videos!

Caproni

Telly Talk TV Fanatic
Reaction score
Murder, She Wrote was popular for over a decade. It was a top twenty staple in the Nielsen ratings for eleven of its twelve seasons. It had a loyal following on Sunday nights at 8:00, where it averaged around thirty million American viewers on a weekly basis. The show raked in a host of awards and nominations over its tenure, and is generally regarded as one of the finest representations of maturing actors headlining a successful series.

1601389905949.png