My visit to Dallas

Grangehill1

Telly Talk Active Member
LV

Reaction score
I visited Dallas in the summer of 2009.
I arrived at night and stayed at a hotel in the city centre which was being renovated. I can’t recall the name but it was an old hotel and had been used in the show. It was absolutely beautiful.

I spent a couple of days wandering around. Finding the various Ewing buildings, the Oil Barons club, the spot where Mark, Katherine, Acton and Pam park up after being out all night, Thanksgiving Square, the Hyatt where Sue Ellen saw JR and Kimberley in the lifts. I actually moved there and stayed at the hotel a few nights as well.
I went to the Barnes Wentworth buildings and to where Jackie found Cliff hungover in season 8.

i visited Southfork and stayed at the Southfork hotel. I’ve been lucky to visit a number of sets over the years, Coronation Street, Albert Square, Ramsay Street. But seeing Southfork for the first time... wow!

it was a boiling day and I spent the entire day there. I think i photographed and videoed from every single angle. I then walked around the back of the house (which was hard in the heat!!!) to find Ray and Donna’s old house. It was being renovated at the time and looked like a first floor was being built.

if you ever get the chance to go you must! It’s an amazing place.

I also went to Fortworth which again I loved

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Medals
I’m so glad you enjoyed it.

I’ve been many times now, my last visit was for the 40th in 2018. Magical place for me. I always feel a bit strange walking away and going home.

Lastkidpicked

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Medals
I spent a couple of days wandering around. Finding the various Ewing buildings, the Oil Barons club, the spot where Mark, Katherine, Acton and Pam park up after being out all night, Thanksgiving Square, the Hyatt where Sue Ellen saw JR and Kimberley in the lifts. I actually moved there and stayed at the hotel a few nights as well.
I went to the Barnes Wentworth buildings and to where Jackie found Cliff hungover in season 8.
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit! This is what is great about coming to Dallas. I know Southfork is your ultimate destination, but I always tell people that you can rent a car and take a day to visit many of the filming locations. People are sometimes amazed that you can just wander around these places and nobody even stops you.

If you enjoy the "gritty" feel of the early seasons then you will love going to the Fort Worth Stockyards. You can even sit in the seats where Jock and Ray sat at the cattle auction. Make sure you enjoy a pulled pork sandwich while you are there. They are amazing!

1606756393630.png