New Features

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Is it the same in the Falcon Crest/Dallas/Knots forum?
It seems like the decorations are somewhat different depending on which forum I visit!

Right now, I have the Christmas ornaments at the top of the site's frontpage!

If I go to the forum, "Dallas - The Original Series", there are currently no Christmas ornaments at all. The only thing Christmassy in that forum is Santa and his sleigh (with "Merry Christmas" above it) ... ... and unfortunately, it's covering the "D" in "Dallas"!

If I go to "Dallas - TNT", there are currently both Christmas ornaments and Santa in his sleigh at the top of the screen! Unfortunately, the picture of the cast is mostly covered by all the Christmas stuff (but I personally couldn't care less, since I'm a hardcore fan of the glory years of Dallas)!

In "Dallas Writers Room", we currently have both Christmas ornaments and Santa in his sleigh at the top of the screen!

And so forth ... ...

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It doesn't look like that on a normal computer screen.
upload_2017-12-13_17-10-0.png

No idea about cellphone screens, don't have one.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
we currently have both Christmas ornaments and Santa in his sleigh at the top of the screen!

I could really do with some screenshots. It's difficult to understand what is seen when I can't see it. :lol:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
and unfortunately, it's covering the "D" in "Dallas"!
Unfortunately, the picture of the cast is mostly covered by all the Christmas stuff
Why unfortunately?
It's Christmas decoration, you know what forum it is, and it will only be there for a few weeks.
I can't believe this is even an issue!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It doesn't look like that on a normal computer screen.
View attachment 8207

No idea about cellphone screens, don't have one.
R U sayin' I'm not normal?? :r&r:

Why unfortunately?
It's Christmas decoration, you know what forum it is, and it will only be there for a few weeks.
It's just the thought of Santa's skidmarks on Krystle's forehead..

Last edited by a moderator:

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Why unfortunately?
It was unfortunate, because - in spite of all the empty space at the top of that particular forum - the tiny picture of Santa on his sleigh managed to "place" itself in front of the "Dallas"-sign! :rolleyes:

I love Christmas and everything it stands for! :03: If I had been in charge of the Christmas decorations on this site, we'd have a LOT more! :20: At my house, the Christmas tree is real (chopped down by yours truly every year), I have real candles lid on the tree on Christmas Day, all of my Christmas cookies are home-made from scratch, and so forth! So please don't ever question whether I'm into Christmas or not! :21: I was simply trying to help @Ome for Christmas figure out the issues about the Christmas decorations in the different forums! :hat:

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It was unfortunate, because - in spite of all the empty space at the top of that particular forum - the tiny picture of Santa on his sleigh managed to "place" itself in front of the "Dallas"-sign!
Well...2017 was a disastrous year - and now this, on top of everything. Isn't it awful, just awful?
If I had been in charge of the Christmas decorations on this site, we'd have a LOT more!
How I wish you were in charge of everything!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I do disagree with chopping down trees - they provide the planet with lots of oxygen...and they're living... :(

Ms Southworth

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I do disagree with chopping down trees - they provide the planet with lots of oxygen...and they're living... :(
Artificial Christmas trees are made of plastic and metal, which do take up a lot of energy and resources to produce. Often, the fake trees are made as far away as China, which then means high environmental costs related to transportation! Artificial trees can also contain polyvinyl chloride, or PVC, which often uses lead as a stabilizer (and not good for neither children or animals).

My Christmas (real) tree always comes from a local farm where they grow the Christmas trees as a crop (and thus solely for the purpose of being cut down). Thus, it cannot be compared to deforesting a rainforest! For every Christmas tree that is cut, the farmers replant at least four new trees in order to up their odds that a good, healthy tree will grow for a few years before being cut down. Of course, all of our real Christmas trees are recycled!

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I seem to recall some blurb on the news saying that it would take 15-17 years of re-using that artificial tree (as opposed to getting a real tree every year) to balance out the environmental impact of producing that fake tree. Granted, no one has ever accused me of being an environmentalist-type, and I've never had a real tree (not even when I grew up in deeply-wooded, rural Georgia), but it stuck in my mind because I had been putting up the same artificial tree every year since 1999 (17 years!) and only just replaced it with a newer, better version this year because it was falling apart. Pure coincidence, but at least I won't have the tree-huggers picketing outside my house.