Dallas Actors New Linda Gray interview

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
Thanks for the video! Not even they could get decent clips of "Melrose Place" or "Models Cringe"!! The interviewer wore more lipstick than Linda herself, if you ask me... :danc::danc:

Rove

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thank you Sarah. Studio 10 is on in the mornings here in Oz and as I'm at work I had no idea this was on. I'm always in awe of Linda. Such an underrated actress and in my book the best drunk ever to appear on television.

Now if some kind soul invites Linda to Australia for some function I'm in :)

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
She needs a new show where she can shine. She really is amazing. Now she’s ready to play the matriarch.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Thank you Sarah. Studio 10 is on in the mornings here in Oz and as I'm at work I had no idea this was on. I'm always in awe of Linda. Such an underrated actress and in my book the best drunk ever to appear on television.

Now if some kind soul invites Linda to Australia for some function I'm in :)

Most beautiful woman ever to grace the television screen :)

She has been to Australia before Rove, keep your eyes open incase she returns :)

thomaswak

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Thanks for the Linda video. It gave me a big smile for the day. (Well, for the night)

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Most beautiful woman ever to grace the television screen :)

She has been to Australia before Rove, keep your eyes open incase she returns :)

I think with Larry’s health issues the TNT Dallas would have done well to revolve around Linda Gray as family matriarch. Bobby runs the ranch, living in the cottage out back. Sue Ellen lives in the main house and is lady of the manor with all her social events. She runs the Ewing Farlow Foundation, a giant, billion dollar juggxrnaught of Miss Ellie and Clayton’s money including the land and mineral rights of Southfork to be protected.

Bobby kept the cattle business and gave her the house to keep her in Dallas and pass on to John Ross like his momma would have wanted. They share ownership of Ewing Oil, except Bobby plays no daily role. She’s the chairman and expects to be kept informed at weekly meetings at Southfork. Christoper runs the company like JR and in fact works on deals with JR over at West Star.

Sue Ellen must deal with Christopher finding out he really is JR’s son and that he wants to drill on Southfork. She has to deal with John Ross’s womanizing, playboy ways (kinda like Lance on FC). She has to deal with Bo, Cally’s son showing up (kind of like Steven on Dynasty). She has to deal with JR courting her. And Bobby’s heart break over Christopher’s behavior and Lucas hating him. And so forth and so on.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
I think with Larry’s health issues the TNT Dallas would have done well to revolve around Linda Gray as family matriarch. Bobby runs the ranch, living in the cottage out back. Sue Ellen lives in the main house and is lady of the manor with all her social events. She runs the Ewing Farlow Foundation, a giant, billion dollar juggxrnaught of Miss Ellie and Clayton’s money including the land and mineral rights of Southfork to be protected.

Bobby kept the cattle business and gave her the house to keep her in Dallas and pass on to John Ross like his momma would have wanted. They share ownership of Ewing Oil, except Bobby plays no daily role. She’s the chairman and expects to be kept informed at weekly meetings at Southfork. Christoper runs the company like JR and in fact works on deals with JR over at West Star.

Sue Ellen must deal with Christopher finding out he really is JR’s son and that he wants to drill on Southfork. She has to deal with John Ross’s womanizing, playboy ways (kinda like Lance on FC). She has to deal with Bo, Cally’s son showing up (kind of like Steven on Dynasty). She has to deal with JR courting her. And Bobby’s heart break over Christopher’s behavior and Lucas hating him. And so forth and so on.

Great ideas Steve. I'm in favour of the majority of what you said, except for JR's other offspring. I am such a Sue Ellen supporter that I only ever accepted John Ross. All this other spawn popping up, I can live without.

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Great ideas Steve. I'm in favour of the majority of what you said, except for JR's other offspring. I am such a Sue Ellen supporter that I only ever accepted John Ross. All this other spawn popping up, I can live without.

I can agree but all these others provide the drama for Sue Ellen to deal with - all these other bastards but theirs only one heir, John Ross Ewing, III. Couldn’t agree more.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
No one will ever convince me James was his son. Ever.

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
No one will ever convince me James was his son. Ever.

Not even her...?

upload_2019-10-15_17-55-48.jpeg

stevew

Telly Talk Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's a constant negative from me why TNT Dallas did not have JR, Bobby and Sue Ellen front and center when it returned. These are the three characters most viewers identify with...they are familiar...we know their history.

I get wanting to highlight the next generation and I get Larry’s diminished role but Sue Ellen and Bobby were as important as Jock and Miss Ellie to the original. For some reason they made Bobby an ass when he should have been more like Miss Ellie and Sue Ellen could have been more like Jock - imo. Over all it’s about family.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Oh I wouldn't want Sue Ellen to be like Jock :( I just wanted Sue Ellen to be Sue Ellen.

Justine

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This is such a cute interview- thanks for the post :) I always love that story of Elizabeth Taylor calling her "the bitch with the long legs" :p