• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Nifty features

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why are .gifs not allowed?
They are allowed, it's just this version doesn't seem to like the idea of a simple C&P the gif, we have to copy the gif image address and then wrap the image code around that.

I will look to see if we can go back to the old way of doing when we get that final upgrade.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Why is her bikini bottom sort of censored like this?
I forgot to mention this. That is the online indicator.

I suppose another question would be - do we need it?

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Both, of course.

This is stylish but not too extravagant - perfect for a day in the office.
View attachment 21853
Also equally perfect for being reunited with your presumed dead son, thought to be killed in an oil rig explosion in the south China seas, who had to undergo extensive reconstructive plastic surgery on his face after being found alive off the coast of Singapore.

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I've just discovered how easy it is to re-size an image on this new site.

I just double clicked on the image I posted and little blue boxes appeared on each corner and by using my cursor on the boxes the image can be pulled into a larger or smaller size

this has completely changed my life :D

Please don't tell me this feature was available on SC and I didn't notice it.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've just discovered how easy it is to re-size an image on this new site.

I just double clicked on the image I posted and little blue boxes appeared on each corner and by using my cursor on the boxes the image can be pulled into a larger or smaller size

Wow. I must confess I hadn't stumbled on this one before, so I'm very glad you've posted about it.

Although it doesn't work before posting for my method-of-choice for posting images (pasting the URL and adding the code manually either side), I've found that once posted I can immediately edit the image using the blue boxes.

This new site just keeps on giving. :gotcha:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
There are lots of new features to be found after our latest upgrade.

I'm hoping one of the mod team will show and tell you all what we have.

But, for now, click on my name, open up my profile page and look at what you see, then go to your profile page and choose your own image.

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Well, @Ome has given me the perfect opportunity to back up what he has said by bragging about my new banner, which features, guess who?

Yes that's right - JR and Sue Ellen!!! I'm so excited. :kiss:

@Willie Oleson just click on your profile page and you should see an 'Edit Banner' option - then you choose any picture as you would for your avatar and upload it as a banner! Yay! :force:

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
There are lots of new features to be found after our latest upgrade.

I'm hoping one of the mod team will show and tell you all what we have.

Here we go then...

A couple of enhancements are about to go live which will give more options when creating threads.

When posting a new thread, there are now tabs which include three additional types of thread.

Clicking on one of these tabs selects your thread type and options.

In addition to our usual discussion and poll threads, you'll spot there are two new styles:

Article
This gives more space for posting articles from newspapers, magazines and the like. Your avatar and stats will display beneath the first post instead of next to it. We're still working the full benefits of this one, but have faith that you'll put it to good use.

Here are two article threads for you to check out:

Question
This is geared towards a thread where the OP asks a specific question and invites in-thread responses. The most helpful response can be marked as a Solution and will display, highlighted, beneath the first post.

Here's an example of a Question thread.

Have fun with them.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
With our upgrade giving us 1.21 gigowatts, TellyTalk can now do time travel. Well, sort of.

If you hover over @Ome's name on his post above, a box will magically pop up:

Next to Ome's name in the box, there's a clock symbol. If you click on the clock, you'll see a secret identity revealed:

So if a member has changed their username recently you'll be able to find it out without having that awkward "didn't you used to be....?" conversation.

Now click on the last Question Thread link in the post directly above this one, and see if it works with @Caproni.

Did it work? Feel free to let us know.

bmasters9

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I installed a banner to my profile-- while the avatar is of Jim Nantz in front of the big monitor in Studio 43 in New York on The Prudential College Football Report in 1986 for CBS Sports, the banner is the wide shot of that same studio as it was then.

Last edited:

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
This banner option will indeed allow a member to show more of a photo they like that might get truncated (or just plain trashed) by the round design of the avatars.

Also notice that the "pinned" threads in the various forums are now much more distinct thanks to a background color. The previous look did not give the pinned threads much distinction.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I can see what I'm doing when I mouse over my avatar! This is very useful in case your account has been hacked.
If, for example, I see that I'm viewing the birthday thread then I know it's not really me!

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
This is very useful in case your account has been hacked.
If, for example, I see that I'm viewing the birthday thread then I know it's not really me!

Unless you really are viewing the birthday thread.

Which means you're not really rolling your mouse over your avatar.

Which means you've been hacked.

Barbara Fan

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Witness, Vertigo, Spellbound
The orange and black colours remind me of the Forum in 2000 when I first joined and got a computer and it was called Ultimate Dallas and I was like a kid in a toy shop, didnt know where to go first (Miss you Luke)

Nostalgia :ty:

Long Lashes

Telly Talk Enforcer
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
I am enjoying the Halloween theme I like the spooky feel and I love those funny little bats flying around everywhere

Have a happy Halloween

Miss Texas 1967

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Does anyone have the "issue" of opening Telly Talk and there being a 1 notification on the bell that immediately disappears? Or if there are 7 new notifications it says 8 and then drops down to 7? As if it's telling you about a notification and then realises you've already read it so it takes the number away.

Daniel Avery

Admin
LV

Reaction score
Awards
It's been doing this for a while. Open/read alerts (say there are three of them), then the alert number disappears. Go to another part of the site, the 'three' returns for a second or two, then goes away.

I'm not sure there is a simple way to stop it from happening without having to 'pop the hood and tinker around' (pop the bonnet if you prefer).