• Support tellytalk.net with a contribution of any amount

Dear Telly Talkers. Every so often we ask for your support in the monthly running costs of the forum. You don't have to contribute... it's totally your choice.

The forums are advert-free, and we rely on donations to pay for the monthly hosting and backup costs. Your contribution could also go towards forum upgrades to maintain a robust experience and stop down time.

Donations are not to make a profit, they are purely put towards the forum.

Every contribution is really appreciated. These are done via the UltimateDallas PayPal account using the donation button.

Oh, Season 2 -- such calm, mature clarity

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But Alexis didn't know she was bluffing.
Krystle really should have done it, because it would cut both ways: Alexis under fire, and the Carrington's marriage on the rocks (at least for a while).
"I told you not to do it, and then you went behind my back and did it anyway. Do you realize what you have done?!"
Ah, big drama.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
But Alexis didn't know she was bluffing.
Krystle really should have done it, because it would cut both ways: Alexis under fire, and the Carrington's marriage on the rocks (at least for a while).
"I told you not to do it, and then you went behind my back and did it anyway. Do you realize what you have done?!"
Ah, big drama.
Based on past experience, Alexis probably did know she was bluffing -- the audience certainly did.

But this was the pattern the show had gotten into by S7 and S8, at the very least, of extending bad or boring plotlines interminably, yet dispensing with the potentially good ones almost as quickly than they could introduce them. The writers didn't want to follow through, so they made a big show of Krystle initiating this campaign, and then had Krystle allow Blake to instantly shut it down.

Plot over. Nexxxxxxtttt!

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
but I'm not sure it fits in this scene: she doesn't seem composed or effectively minimalistic, but drugged
I still think her part was the best, because Alexis' insincere and on-cue how-dare-you!-defence had become so run-of-the-mill that, if she had been offended by a waitress serving the wrong champagne, it wouldn't have made any difference.
The physical touching at 0:24 was a nice..eh..touch.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I still think her part was the best, because Alexis' insincere and on-cue how-dare-you!-defence had become so run-of-the-mill that, if she had been offended by a waitress serving the wrong champagne, it wouldn't have made any difference.
Oh, sure, they both have their tired default settings.

Willie Oleson said:
The physical touching at 0:24 was a nice..eh..touch.
Heh -- yeah, and it comes off like a clunky stage direction, and largely because Linda instinctively realizes the gesture is actually inappropriate at this point in the scene. Alexis should frankly have called Security at that moment.

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
Top Poster Of Month
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Alexis should frankly have called Security at that moment.
I agree.
You call security for protection and then when someone "attacks" you, you decide it's better not to call them?
Pity the security threat was also nothing but bluff, would have loved to see them drag Krystle out kicking and screaming.
You bitch, you BITCH! You're going to pay for this!

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
I agree.
You call security for protection and then when someone "attacks" you, you decide it's better not to call them?
Pity the security threat was also nothing but bluff, would have loved to see them drag Krystle out kicking and screaming.
You bitch, you BITCH! You're going to pay for this!
I actually wanted that to happen at the end of their design studio catfight in the 1991 'Reunion' -- to have Krystle dragged off humorously by Security after beating up Alexis. But then, I wanted two fights between them in the closing episodes of the show, and since Krystle can't lose either one of them, her being dragged off after the second one would be a kind of consolation prize for Alexis.

Michael Torrance

Telly Talk Mega Star
LV

Reaction score
Awards
By the way, the put down by Krystle to Alexis in the clip from season 2 episode 5 ("you have a way of coloring") reduces Alexis' pastime to playing with crayons, connects the current event to the testimony, and lets Alexis know she isn't fooled or intimidated by the fact she is Steven's mother. Whoever was writing at the time was actually writing with the characters and history in mind.

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV

Reaction score
Awards
By the way, the put down by Krystle to Alexis in the clip from season 2 episode 5 ("you have a way of coloring") reduces Alexis' pastime to playing with crayons, connects the current event to the testimony, and lets Alexis know she isn't fooled or intimidated by the fact she is Steven's mother. Whoever was writing at the time was actually writing with the characters and history in mind.
Oh, yes. Season 2 was totally in the groove.