Arrow Oliver Queen's Saga Begins

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The plan after Smallville was to watch the old Superman movies, but I failed. I found myself getting impatient with the introduction Clark Kent and then Superman in the 1978 movie. I was distracted by thoughts of starting Arrow soon and then I hit FF to see when Christopher Reeve appeared in the movie. That was my mark to put the movie aside for a while and start Arrow. I think jumping straight into the movie collection after Smallville was a little ambitious.

So now I'm with Oliver and his book...

I tried this show back when it first aired, but didn't last too long, I was put off by the green eye shadow (I know that sounds ridiculous) and the flashes back to the island.

Maybe Smallville and the adventures of heroes has softened me a little,m but after the pilot of Arrow I feel much more open-minded about the story.

I'm curious where the book of names ends and what Oliver will uncover about his mother's involvement.

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I found myself getting impatient with the introduction Clark Kent and then Superman in the 1978 movie.

:eek:

:eck:

I hope you get back to the film at some point. I loved those Smallville scenes and the actor playing the younger Clark, but as you just watched the series I suppose it was a bit strange to watch almost the same story in different continuity back-to-back.

So now I'm with Oliver

He's somewhat younger and prettier than the Green Arrow I know:

Still, as long as he knows how to use a crossbow...

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards

I know, it's sinful

I hope you get back to the film at some point.

I want to enjoy and really appreciate the goodness that is Superman Original and that's when I realised that jumping from Smallville to the movies wasn't one of my best moves.

He's somewhat younger and prettier than the Green Arrow I know:
Hopefully, if you take on Smallville you will enjoy Justin Hartley's version

Mel O'Drama

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I want to enjoy and really appreciate the goodness that is Superman Original and that's when I realised that jumping from Smallville to the movies wasn't one of my best moves.

I'm the same. As you know, I've been watching the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series. But now I've realised I'm going to have to wait some time before watching the new film or I'm going to be comparing the two. Which is like comparing apples and oranges, but difficult not to do.

Hopefully, if you take on Smallville you will enjoy Justin Hartley's version

Well, I've been enjoying the pictures of Justin Hartley's version for some time. :D

I recall he was lined up to play Aquaman some time ago (probably before he was in Smallville), but it didn't come to anything.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm going to be comparing the two.

Yes! That's it! I found I was starting to do the same and I hated myself for even thinking that. I reached the point where Clark was with Lana in the movie and straight away I was thinking of a similar scene from Smallville. I then jumped in time to see where Reeve appeared and I knew at that point I needed to break away.

Well, I've been enjoying the pictures of Justin Hartley's version for some time.

:floor::floor::floor:
I recall he was lined up to play Aquaman some time ago

I didn't know this. I'm completely in awe of how many actors from the comic series/movie jump around between them.

Back on Arrow and the third episode sees me jumping with joy as a character 'DEADSHOT' from Smallville & the comics appears.

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
I love Arrow! It's been my Wednesday night staple for 5 years now.

I do think the show has lost a bit of its early magic - as I understand many fans agree the first two seasons were the best - but I keep watching it regularly.

I love the darker tone (as opposed to other comic book shows like The Flash, which I dropped after a year).

I didn't know this. I'm completely in awe of how many actors from the comic series/movie jump around between them.

They actually filmed the pilot in 2006, but it never went to series. Unlike most of the pilots which we never get to see, this one was actually available for purchase online. Here are the credits:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
other comic book shows like The Flash, which I dropped after a year

I'm planning to do this when it crosses over with Arrow, what made you give it up? This is the show with Miller & Purcell right? Or are they in Arrow?:confuse:

They actually filmed the pilot in 2006, but it never went to series.

Interesting and it was made by the people behind Smallville. In a way I'm glad they didn't continue, otherwise we wouldn't have had Hartley's version of Queen, then again, we wouldn't know so I'm just rambling along now.

Meanwhile, episode 3 of ARROW has just ended where Oliver revealed himself as The Hood to Diggle!:eck:

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I've just found out the true reason why I quit Arrow.

Okay, I wasn't enjoying the whole book of names and flashbacks, but it was Barrowman who sealed the deal.

I have enjoyed the first three episodes much better this time and I'm going to just accept Barrowman, like I did Chiklis in GOTHAM.

Gabriel Maxwell

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Breezy fragrant vineyards of Falcon Crest
I'm planning to do this when it crosses over with Arrow, what made you give it up?

I just didn't like the overall tone of THE FLASH. I suppose it was a bit too PG-13 for me. ARROW is a little more gritty. Though it may have gotten a bit too dark lately.

I miss the mansion and the family aspect. Plus he used to be a lone man fighting, now it's more about him being a part of a team, which - for some reason - I don't like as much.

This is the show with Miller & Purcell right?

They started off on THE FLASH, but then they became regulars on that show's spin-off LEGENDS OF TOMORROW.

Or are they in Arrow?

Everybody is in everything at some point. :)

Are you doing GOTHAM or SUPERGIRL?

No, only ARROW. I've seen the pilots for all of these shows. But only ARROW has struck a chord with me. I have to admit it helps the leading man, Stephen Amell, is very easy on my eyes. :)

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I'm enjoying all the references to current time, from mentions of the Kardashians to the Twilight movies, but saying they were all dea on LOST was a no no....

I was excited about Diggle finding out who Oliver was, I always like to see some confident along side the hero, but not so happy about The Huntress knowing. It's only been 7 episodes, I don't want the whole world knowing.

Tommy's father Barrowman was a shock and it gives a new interest into Barrowman's character.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Arrow magic at its best when I find myself staring at the screen with mouth open wide.

The copycat hood/archer is Barrowman (I really need to remember his name) and this adds another dimension to his character. Where it goes from here I have no idea.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Watching episode 11 and I was just thinking that it wasn't moving much and then at the end that guy from the island just spoke about why his men wear balaclavas and then low & behold, this man reveals his face.

So once again

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Betrayal is a brilliant episode, both on and off the island. I was never keen on the flashbacks but as the story continues it’s pulling me in, with only a few clips each episode I feel I’ve gotten so much and yet I want more. It’s very telling how weak Oliver is on the island to what I’m watching in current time and Lord knows, he must have more arrows than Legolas On the island Oliver meets Slade Wilson, a vigilante from Smallville which obviously fills me with much excitement.

Anders always plays the antaganist to the letter and he didn’t fail in this episode, and with a CV boasting of 52 homicides, the threat on Laurel’s life felt real. Actually, Vanch has done his homework, he knows the Hood only carries 24 arrows.

More gasps from the island when Oliver finds out Slade is the one who wears that aweom rubber mask. Slade says otherwise and it’s all so messy that I don’t know what to believe.

Then in current time we have Diggle trying to convince Oliver that his mother could be behind the boat accident……

The next mission is to find out what the undertaking is.

Moira Queen, you have failed this city!

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
not so happy about The Huntress knowing. It's only been 7 episodes, I don't want the whole world knowing.
Funny how my mind works.

I don't want people knowing who he is, then when he turns up in Felicity's car after getting shot, she finds out his secret and I'm happy, like I've been waiting for this to happen. I love what I've seen of Felicity so far and I think she would be a great asset to the work of the Hood.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
The season one finale was epic and had so much more than I expected. After Lance disarmed the device, I wasn't expecting another one and this time it destroyed so much. I also wasn't expecting Moira to come clean about what she knew about what Malcolm was planning.

Tommy dying wasn't much of a loss to me, I found him annoying for most of the time.

Plus I have to add that I no longer see Barrowman, it's been very much about the character since probably his third episode which has impressed me.

The story on the island continues to be as exciting as ever, though I wonder what lies ahead with Fyers & Fei both dead.

It feels like a whole new chapter is coming, I can't see how Moira can continue and if there is anything left of Malcolm, which tells me I need to get on with season 2

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Wait... what????

Wait a goddamn minute

Sara is alive?????

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
Sara revealing herself to her father was somewhat of an anti climax, but having now digested that I'm on board and I think it's great that he now has to keep her secret from Laurel.

I'm finding the story on the island is a much highlight of Arrow and yet this was part of the reason I originally quit, that and the green eye shadow. I find myself often transported to LOST and all the mysteries of that island.

Ome

Admin
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
I have no idea how they did this, but Moira was found not guilty. I'm very happy with that because it means more time with her back at home.

Meanwhile, Oliver seems to grow closer and closer to Felicity.

And I love the mask for Blood Brother